PLB...OUCH

R_Lam

Cathlete
I did PLB this morning ... OUCH! I thought it wasn't supposed to be tough. I was pyramiding down to 30s for my midweight by the time I reached the lunges. I actually felt my quads stiffen by then. Over at VF there were posts that they didn't feel all that challenged by it...they must have really strong legs. I was really psyched because I bought a Wal-mart barbell to make it easy for me to set up the weights that'll be needed...2 10lbs/15 lbs...my padded ivanko set up at 35 lbs and the new bb at 40. I loved that there were no low ends or hover squats!!! I love it better than S&H Legs. I was happy to see leg presses and deadlifts at that count. This series really came together.

I 2nd Donna's opinion! This one usually gets me for a couple days! You're not the only one a hurtin' from it! Glad someone else feels my pain :D

Ouch isn't the word! I did PUB on Wed.Today is the first day that my chest and shoulders aren't sore.I did PLB yesterday.While I was doing it, I wasn't THAT uncomfortable and thought that maybe next time I do it I could use more weight on the squats.For the lunges I used 20,30 and 40.I didn't mind doing the static lunges b/c I knew I only had 12,10,and 8 to do.Normally I skip static lunges because I HATE THEMx(
Then on the squats and deadlifts I used 35,45,and 55.Thats when I was thinking I could probably go heavier then 55 pounds,just getting it up over my head was a little hard.Well, let me tell you.....today I am one happy lady that I didn't go heavier.I don't think I would be able to walk.I have been limping around,I can barely bend over to pick things up , and I had to fall into my car.I am so sore.I haven't felt this sore in a long time.Strange thing is,it feels good.
But then I did IMAX 2 today(before the pain from yesterday really set in) and it hurt.I didn't realize there were as many squats in that video until today.Plus, I have a really bad cough and my chest is hurting from that.I am pretty much falling apart.I am sat here now and i really don't want to have to get up!
But I have to....anyway, your not alone.I am in pain to, but am enjoying it.Nothing worse then working out and not feeling it.
Lori

Well DOMS set in after work last night...I was walking like a wooden doll! Quads,hams and the butt were so stiff it was hilarious. I showered and fell asleep right away. How are you supposed to do cardio between these??? I was planning on alternating IMAX2...we won't be doing THAT. I really wanted to try ei ther BC or ME this morning but I let my legs recover. I really enjoyed the floorwork too!

Enjoyed the floorwork? QUE? I don't think those words can BE in a sentence together!? My hamstrings and glutes are so flippin fried that I can barely stretch at the end of the workout! Those last few "pulses" just send my muscles over the edge every time!

I usually do either a "mild" kickboxing workout or a nice low impact hi/lo the day after PLB. At least until I get use to it! :D

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

I just did this workout for the 1st time, yesterday. I wasn't too sore from PUB (thursday), but due to some shoulder injuries, I went a bit light on PUB. I went light on PLB as well, as it was the first time thru and was also nervous about aggrevating the shoulder by lifting the barbell so much. Well, I'm so glad I went light. I am definitely feeling it today, and expect it will be worse tomorrow. Tuesday I did Leaner Legs, and went heavier than on PLB and I'm feeling it more from PLB than I did from LL. Mind you, that is not a complaint, as I like to know I've pushed the muscles. :)

OK...it took 2 days to recover from it. I haven't felt DOMS that bad before. I kept wondering why it was hurting in the butt like THAT. Right were the butt meets the back of the legs...just the two sides...what was that all about? Leg presses or the ball thing where you're like a frog drawing the ball in and out?
I haven't done any cardio since because I didn't think my legs could take any. Finally this afternoon they feel normal again.
I really made myself rest, which was hard when you want to try all the workouts ... I think you can really overtrain if you don't watch it because they all look so good!

R-Lam I had the same pain the in the leg/butt the first time I did PLB. I didn't know what it was either. All I know is I kept lightly punching it with my fist and it would feel better. Weird, huh.!

I also put the PLB inner/outer thigh on the ball with other workouts such as ME etc. It is a great short add-on to other workouts.

You are smart for resting when your body tells you to. I was really guilty of over-training with the new series and trust me.... it didn't give me any good results. Only NOTHING! All it did was make me soooo hungry and I ate like a pig.

Keep up the good work! Enjoy the new tapes.

Jeesh! I feel better after reading this thread! I wish I had seen it before posting on the Ask Cathe forum about why I've been sore for so many days after doing PLB. I wasn't painfully sore, but it just seemed to last longer than my usual soreness does.

And yes, it is in the butt where my butt and legs come together!

I've concluded it's the floor work that makes me sore because sometimes I do PLB without the floor work and don't get sore.

I enjoy the soreness--especially complaining about it to everyone around me. :)

I've just did this one today ..got my dvd yesterday LOL
It was great and those leg presses really got me. I was laughing so hard just to try to keep my feet on the ball while doing those froggy leg moves . Cathe is just awesome !

Yeah, that one killed me too. I wonder why because it's basically the same exercises I've done for a few years now, maybe it's doing all the sets in a row and the weights used. My legs feel it for days afterward.
Faythe

I recommend yoga after doing PLB...I used Yoga Zone Conditioning and stress relief because it was slow and easy. It did wonders to ward off DOMS!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.