PHA 3+Ab Stacker

I also do push ups on my knees. I can't do the push up/glide thing either. I can get the legs working but I can't do a full push up. I tend to do half push ups for as many reps as I can but I am usually just holding plank and gliding my legs for the last few reps. As for the moving risers in plank exercise in Ab Stacker, I did as many reps as I could on my toes and then went to my knees to finish the set. I also couldn't keep my feet elevated when moving the risers side to side.

Love the exercises and sequencing, but DO NOT attempt to do this fasted! :oops: Had to pause and let the dizziness fade LOL! Started the Step Rotation yesterday!
You are definitely right about that. I did indeed do it in a fasted state and had to pause the dvd several times to catch my breath. I always have my 50oz water bottle with me whenever I workout, but never have I finished the whole bottle within one workout.

I am able to do PHA 3 in its entirety with minimal modifications.

The moving the riser off and on is annoying so I use just the riser from my tall step for those parts. I do the same for PHA 2.I do a few that way and then it feet on floor for me.

I love the ab stacker routine. It is so much fun although it is difficult to do the risers for the obliques with the feet raised hard.

Wondering if the Cathe Community can help me here. I didn't order Step Boss because I can't do step due to knee issues. I am wondering whether PHA3 is easily doable without the step. Is it easily modified or would one lose the effectiveness of the exercises without the step?

Hi CanadianCathlete,
Just to add the step is used for lunges and squat cross over lunges and rear slide lunges etc. and upper body like fox2star said weight bench for chest.
Also plank rows ( one hand on step) , squat thrust plank push up, push up dip challenge so you don't need a step to do these, but I find the step can make the exercise easier or more challenging. Push ups easier for example and lunges harder :) oh and no worries about the warm up all done on the floor behind the step hope this is helpful :)

Thank you for this info, Bubachick! I appreciate it!
Hi CanadianCathlete,
Just to add the step is used for lunges and squat cross over lunges and rear slide lunges etc. and upper body like fox2star said weight bench for chest.
Also plank rows ( one hand on step) , squat thrust plank push up, push up dip challenge so you don't need a step to do these, but I find the step can make the exercise easier or more challenging. Push ups easier for example and lunges harder :) oh and no worries about the warm up all done on the floor behind the step hope this is helpful :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.