Petie my Lab:(

pace1987

Cathlete
Right now im so heartbroken as we have to put My Petie down this afternoon, it turned out to the worst. Im just can't stop crying over this. I know it just a dog but he was such an angel. I didn't tell my younger son yet because I didn't want him to be upset at School. Im going to tell him after school. Petie will be put to rest at 3:40 this way my husband can go. Today is his birthday and he made it to 3.

I'm so sorry.

I don't believe in "just a dog." There will never be another Petie. I remember when my beloved Shelly died, I cried for two hours straight. It's okay to cry.

I'm soooo terribly saddened & my heart is breaking for you. Petie is not "just a dog" he's a member of your family. I too had to put down my beloved Rottie, Blitz von Amerrand but I at least had 10 years w/my baby. Again I'm very sorry. God Bless, Kathy:(

Awww Barbara~I am soooo sorry! Poor lil' thing. Maybe try to concentrate on how he will no longer hurt. I know this will not mend your broken heart. We will be thinking of you, hubby and your son today. Petie will be so welcomed by the other dogs in doggie-heaven and he will be romping and wagging his tail once again. A big, big hug to you and your family.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I know and understand completely what you're going through -- it's been almost 10 years since we had to put down our precious Ebonee (a beautiful, sweet, obedient, and gentle German Shepard). I cried nonstop the whole day, and continued to suffer crying fits for weeks afterwards. I'm still sad about losing her, and no other dog has been able to replace her.

I'm sorry for your pain and loss :-( It is very heartbreaking.

I'm so sorry! Having lost dogs in the past I know that you are heartbroken right now and my heart goes out to you. Allow yourself to grieve and please know there is no such thing as "just a dog".

~Sissy B

;( Oh Barbara, I feel so bad for you and your children. You need to do what's best for Petie. We had to have a cat put down and I felt terribly guilty, but it was the right thing to do. There is no sense in your precious Petie suffering. I truly feel for you and your family. Prayers sent your way. :(

Barbara,

I am so very sorry to hear this. I have had to put one cat to sleep and it was a very tough decision...our Lab, Boomer is 13 and has cancer and my husband and I will frequently discuss our thoughts on what we should do if he seems to be in pain and it always ends up with us both crying because ultimately we dont want him to suffer but dont want to let him go either. You must do what is best for Petie-I wont lie and tell you its not hard but time does eventually heal and you wont ever forget him, but you will see him again and that's what helps me a little. I will be thinking about your family and Petie all day(I wish I didnt know what time though;(

Take Care!
K

I am so sorry to hear about Petie. Losing a pet is like losing a member of your family. You just have to remember you are doing what is best for Petie. There is a poem called "Rainbow Bridge", It is a beautiful poem about where you pets go once they pass. You can find it online.
Sorry, I am not very good with computer so I can't post it for you.
Once again,Sorry for your loss,
Lizzy

I am very sorry to hear the bad news. I remember how devastating the death of a pet is when you're still a child so I can understand why you're so upset to have to tell your son this news. (Not that the news is any easier for an adult) Take care.

Lisa

I went online to get the poem for you. I will just type it out

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and confortable.

All the animal who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day cones when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

I am sooo sorry for your loss, we have a sick lab ourselves right now, it is no fun. I will pray that telling your son goes as smoothly as possible. We had to put down our other dog this time last year, it was sooo hard especially on my dh.;( I feel your pain.:(

May God be with you!!:)

I'm so sorry for your family, which includes Petie obviously. I cried off and on for weeks after my pet duck died. (It sounds so funny to cry over a duck but he was a really cool duck.) I'm going to be a mess when something happens to my black lab mix, Onyx. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

(I also agree with the sentiments that they're not "just dogs". Many dogs have made this world a better place for us people. I think God will take care of them in Heaven.)

Shelley

BIG HUGS

:-( I'm so sorry to hear of this Barbara! I haven't been to this forum for about a week and just now am getting caught up with Petie's health condition. I hadn't realized lymes could get this bad in a dog! My brothers German shephard was found to have lymes and they put him on antibiotics.
How difficult this must be for you and your family and you are definately in my prayers :-( :-(

I'm so sorry to hear about Petie! It's tough losing one you love, and yes, animals count in that category! They are with us more than people are, sometimes, and dependant upon us the way children are, so why shouldn't we feel a deep loss when they are gone. Give yourself time to grieve, and cry. You might even want to have a family get-together to remember Petie's best moments (though it might be tough to do that right now). I'm glad you will be with him. It's hard to be with a pet who is being put to sleep, but I think it's something that helps both pet and person in the long run. You can talk to Petie and tell him how much you love him and what a good boy he was.

I'm sure he had a wonderful life, and knows that you all love him.

When the hurt is healed a bit, you might want to think of adopting another dog. Not at all to "replace" Petie, because nothing can, but to give another animal the chance to have a good life, and love and be loved. Until then, you might consider, in honor of Petie, volunteering to dog walk at your local shelter (where you might meet that next dog who can become part of the family).

I am soooo sorry! Praying for your comfort....;(

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lach.gif[/img]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.