Perfect Flow Mobility Basics

Just did Mobility Basics! My advice is please watch this once before doing. There are many mobility moves on this workout that are very new, so please watch once!

The beginning is pretty straightforward. You are stand doing arm rolls and moving the neck side to side. The new move is you hand on your shoulder, it looks like you are doing a crunch, but not really. They you move your arms from the out side in. It is like a different chest stretch.

Cathe puts in a squats, and then you hold the squat. I saw this on her preview. I was afraid of this move, but it wasn't that hard. Cathe tells us to move in that squat, but you are just gently shifting your hips side to side. If you know what a "happy baby" yoga move is it is like that movement. It is a really slow and gentle movement with the hips because you are not picking up the feet. Cathe doesn't hold it to long and then you get to stretch it by putting your hand down and stretching the legs and hip.

A different move is stretching the wrist. You are on all fours and the wrist you are stretching you move it to the opposite direction of the other hand. But, remember don't put your weight on the wrist you are stretching! Ouch!

New thing is the hamstring stretch. You stretch it and Cathe adds Cow and Cat position. That really knocked my socks off!

The thread the need move is there, but there are now two variations, to the original one! I liked that because I got more out of it then doing the old one!

Tracing the rainbow is cool! I did my own variation. But, it really stretches you out! I saw this on Cathe's preview and I love if!

New move, hip circles!!! If you have done any Cathe barre workouts then you be use to moving you hips this way! It does stretch out the hips!!

Then there is the flat tap position! Cathe's hand's position are hands out and Jennifer Arnott's hands in. But, my hands were like Jennifer Arnott's hands., hands in. I found that the comfortable position. Cathe doesn't hold it very long. So it is doable! I did it!

New Move: 90, 90s. I can't really explain that one because you are like rolling around. It is really hard. But, if you have done mermaids on the ball at the end it is like that.

New move: Forward front lunge.You do that and then you rotate your elbow to head to the sky. It is really weird! I had to modify. But, to the Catheltes you will get it. It is really tough be careful.

New move, but old move is pigeon pose. You will be doing downward dog to get on the pigeon pose and the bend your neck to touch you nose and then head to the mat.

Last moves are on your stomach. You will be stretching your thigh with your hand. Be careful, it can cause a cramp. Then Cathe does lengthen and wrap her arms around her back. Remember you are on your stomach. And she does a Superman, but she shape's her arm like a W.

I really like this workout!!!! Glad to have different moves and the old moves Cathe has, she breathes new life into them.

My advice don't eat anything when you do this!!! You will feel uncomfortable. If you eat breakfast, wait afterwards when you do this workout!

Two thumbs up and five stars!!!

Love this new Workout!!

Jennifer Denny

Last edited:
Just did Mobility Basics! My advice is please watch this once before doing. There are many mobility moves on this workout that are very new, so please watch once!

The beginning is pretty straightforward. You are stand doing arm rolls and moving the neck side to side. The new move is you hand on your shoulder, it looks like you are doing a crunch, but not really. They you move your arms from the out side in. It is like a different chest stretch.

Cathe puts in a squats, and then you hold the squat. I saw this on her preview. I was afraid of this move, but it wasn't that hard. Cathe tells us to move in that squat, but you are just gently shifting your hips side to side. If you know what a "happy baby" yoga move is it is like that movement. It is a really slow and gentle movement with the hips because you are not picking up the feet. Cathe doesn't hold it to long and then you get to stretch it by putting your hand down and stretching the legs and hip.

A different move is stretching the wrist. You are on all fours and the wrist you are stretching you move it to the opposite direction of the other hand. But, remember don't put your weight on the wrist you are stretching! Ouch!

New thing is the hamstring stretch. You stretch it and Cathe adds Cow and Cat position. That really knocked my socks off!

The thread the need move is there, but there are now two variations, to the original one! I liked that because I got more out of it then doing the old one!

Tracing the rainbow is cool! I did my own variation. But, it really stretches you out! I saw this on Cathe's preview and I love if!

New move, hip circles!!! If you have done any Cathe barre workouts then you be use to moving you hips this way! It does stretch out the hips!!

Then there is the flat tap position! Cathe's hand's position are hands out and Jennifer Arnott's hands in. But, my hands were like Jennifer Arnott's hands., hands in. I found that the comfortable position. Cathe doesn't hold it very long. So it is doable! I did it!

New Move: 90, 90s. I can't really explain that one because you are like rolling around. It is really hard. But, if you have done mermaids on the ball at the end it is like that.

New move: Forward front lunge.You do that and then you rotate your elbow to head to the sky. It is really weird! I had to modify. But, to the Catheltes you will get it. It is really tough be careful.

New move, but old move is pigeon pose. You will be doing downward dog to get on the pigeon pose and the bend your neck to touch you nose and then head to the mat.

Last moves are on your stomach. You will be stretching your thigh with your hand. Be careful, it can cause a cramp. Then Cathe does lengthen and wrap her arms around her back. Remember you are on your stomach. And she does a Superman, but she shape's her arm like a W.

I really like this workout!!!! Glad to have different moves and the old moves Cathe has, she breathes new life into them.

My advice don't eat anything when you do this!!! You will feel uncomfortable. If you eat breakfast, wait afterwards when you do this workout!

Two thumbs up and five stars!!!

Love this new Workout!!

Jennifer Denny

It's a good review! I have been looking for that. Sometimes it's hard for me, maybe because I ate before the training. I will try it!

I am really looking forward to this one and those mobility moves are great. I have done them with other instructors as I have been doing mobility workouts for a little while. They all feel so great.

Awesome review Jennifer love your descriptions of the exercises thank you so much, looking forward to trying them all with Cathe and crew:)

I just finished this as well and thought I would add a few notes to Jennifer's great review. I found because I cannot go as deep on the front lunge with a twist, I use a yoga block for my hand on the floor so I am more elevated for the twist and it's easier for me and my back. I also found that if you suffer from a lot of lower back issues, you may want to take the side to side option for the quad stretch because if you don't keep your pelvis in the correct position, you may get very sore. You may also want extra padding under your wrists and knees for certain moves if these are sensitive areas as well. I really enjoyed this esp. after doing Cathe's Live Iron legs this morning. This is a wonderful for tight hips. It's great overall but really great for tight hips. I feel so good after doing this. Can't wait to try more.

I just finished this as well and thought I would add a few notes to Jennifer's great review. I found because I cannot go as deep on the front lunge with a twist, I use a yoga block for my hand on the floor so I am more elevated for the twist and it's easier for me and my back. I also found that if you suffer from a lot of lower back issues, you may want to take the side to side option for the quad stretch because if you don't keep your pelvis in the correct position, you may get very sore. You may also want extra padding under your wrists and knees for certain moves if these are sensitive areas as well. I really enjoyed this esp. after doing Cathe's Live Iron legs this morning. This is a wonderful for tight hips. It's great overall but really great for tight hips. I feel so good after doing this. Can't wait to try more.

Couldn't wait to try Mobility Basics. This is the workout I was most looking forward so stopped everything the minute I downloaded it and gave it a whirl. Like MMarshall, Jennifer Denny and Firemedic I thoroughly enjoyed and benefited from it. This adds a whole new element and rounds out my workouts for the week. It's like Cathe has found the missing puzzle piece! I like how it is diagnostic and informs us of those areas that need a little more attention and tender loving care. And I love how I will be able to clearly see my progress over time with the repeated use of the workout. Where Cathe does several repetitions of most moves I even saw some muscles limbering up within the half hour! 30 minutes is a perfect time frame for this type of work. So glad it is longer than most of Cathe's stretch/yoga type workouts. I will definitely be returning to this workout on a regular basis. Thank you Cathe!

Couldn't wait to try Mobility Basics. This is the workout I was most looking forward so stopped everything the minute I downloaded it and gave it a whirl. Like MMarshall, Jennifer Denny and Firemedic I thoroughly enjoyed and benefited from it. This adds a whole new element and rounds out my workouts for the week. It's like Cathe has found the missing puzzle piece! I like how it is diagnostic and informs us of those areas that need a little more attention and tender loving care. And I love how I will be able to clearly see my progress over time with the repeated use of the workout. Where Cathe does several repetitions of most moves I even saw some muscles limbering up within the half hour! 30 minutes is a perfect time frame for this type of work. So glad it is longer than most of Cathe's stretch/yoga type workouts. I will definitely be returning to this workout on a regular basis. Thank you Cathe!

This was the first one I tried along with the core workout. I really enjoyed it. I almost chose yoga but opted for this one. It's a keeper.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.