Pentagenarians & Beyond: WB 6/10

I managed a workout before I took my grandson to basketball camp and went to Walmart. I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Pump cardio workout 1, 31 minutes, 199 calories, 2,811 steps and did some of the Build and Burn Cardio Core no jumping cardio premix which is 23 minutes before I had to get ready to leave. This was 10 minutes, 557 steps, 61 calories. Total time was 41 minutes, 260 calories. My daughter came over for awhile and we had lunch. It is almost time to go back to pick my grandson up. I am glad the rain did not last long. My weather app was showing flood warning. My little Spark does not drive well in flooded area. I got my Instapot today. I am glad that I purchased a Kindle cookbook that has lots of how to things to help use it. I got the 8 qt and it is big :0 They say you can make perfect boiled eggs in it that peel easy. I would like to try it out , but with all of today's activities I may wait and look over the info and wash it before I use it. They had one of those limited time deals on Amazon and it was 60 dollars off. I had almost enough gift cards to pay for it :) We, got the call from the automotive and the Range Rover needs a transmission overhaul. Right around 4,000 dollars :(

Lori, fathers day in the pool sounds good :) We bought a set of encyclopedia Britannica when our children were small and it came with a set of children's encyclopedias which I think one of my daughters still has. I don't know who has the others. Those things are expensive. I bet your mother was not happy. How funny that you just cut pictures out :) It probably was handy for the project. Nowadays you can just copy a page with the printer and cut it out. I just recently purged two sets of really old encyclopedias. One was a 2 book set that was really thick made in 1908 and the other was a full set made in the late 1800's. They were so worn and torn. I felt sort of bad getting rid of them. I got them from an aunts basement when I was a child. I loved that one had the original version of Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid. Nothing near the story that has been watered down and made into movies and story books. I read it to my children.

Judy, sometimes those old encyclopedias can come in handy. Particularly with all of the editing literature gets to make someone happy now.

Deb, the guy spend hours running through programs and could find nothing wrong with the laptop. They said what happened is sometimes caused by a particular app that has a virus in it. So, far it is find. One of the other suggestions was something in the room was causing interference. I don't see how that is possible since it was fine till now and we haven't added anything that would do that, and why just his laptop? They did run another antivirus program on it as well as the one we have on it. They said they have changed to using Trend Micro for anti virus and were using Kaspersky before. I think we will research and change next year as I just spent 90 dollars on our Avast. My daughter originally thought the fee they paid was supposed to allow them to keep the notebook computer after school was out, but I guess they changed their minds.

Valerie, I was going to update my internet last night, but my husband was streaming news and the internet kept going out so I decided to leave it alone till he was working and I had the time. I have the Netgear Genie app set up on my computer. World book was so much easier to find things and read than Britannica. Libraries around here are open 7 days a week and much longer hours for most than when they were when I was young. I think the one downtown is open 24 hours if I remember right. They keep police security there. Some of the libraries have ended up being a resting place to get cook in for homeless people. They just sit there and stare at you. They tore the one down that I particularly remember that happening in and are rebuilding.

Carolyn, I am glad your headache is finally gone. I remember the upper body part of turbo barre pretty well because the first time I did it my neck and shoulders were so sore afterward. Funny, how that stays with me.

this is a link to the FBI alert from a couple weeks ago in case anyone has not seen it. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...boot-your-wifi-router/?utm_term=.419da4597eaf We need to reboot our router regularly. when ever service gets sketchy, that usually handles the problem.

I would think old encyclopedias would have a huge amount of outdated information. Might be fun to read but hard to know what is current. it would be hard for children to know the difference. I imagine my parents house still has the old encyclopedia but it is buried in "stuff" that fills the house. we used to have small "branch" libraries with limited days and hours. like PO boxes on every other corner because most families had one car. the availability of services sure changed as families got more than one car. Used to be small groceries all over too. Yes, homeless people like to spend hours camped in librairies requiring 24 hr security now.
Diane sue too bad on the transmission. that is quite an investment but you are sort of stuck. cant sell or trade it in needing a major repair. its good to teach children how to use books for reference. I don't feel good about cursive being mostly eliminated although it seems the need for a signature is going bye-bye too, at least electronic signatures. I am suddenly not having to sign for purchases that a few months ago needed a signature. not that anyone every looked at them! maybe loss of cursive is not that big a deal. I hardly write anything anymore and my skill is going downhill. I've ended up with a half written/ half printed mixture. writing shopping lists and to-do lists are about the extent of it.
Carolyn what is a bag phone? I've never heard that before.
Judy there is nothing that stops momentum more than having to stop and go back to the store for something.

Valerie, I recently checked out my update on my router so am pretty sure it is not a problem. I did that when our internet was not working. Apparently they can steal all kinds of information from your router without your knowledge. Including online purchases etc.. Anything you use internet for. I think I read t his on Huffington or maybe Huckabee. Not sure. I wouldn't open anything like that on my email. I would just try to research from what I saw in the post. I get a lot of stuff like that and won't open them. I would check washington post and the router thing though. I write in journals all of the time, I am always buying new pens and journals. It helps when I am doing Bible studies and write my thoughts. I write out notes on things I am looking up on how to things and things I research. I have a little notebook in the drawer by where I sit on the computer and one in my purse. My parents had one car most of my life. I think the first time we had more than one car at our house was when my Dad got me a used Ford Fairmont. Yes, with two major repairs on the vehicle we are pretty much stuck with it. We have never purchased a car, even used that had problems like this one. I noticed that too about not needing to sign as often. In fact when I went to Walmart today I didn't have to sign. I thought maybe it is partly because of the chip cards. Most people just make a scratch on the sign device anyway. It used to be if you spent only a small amount of money that they didn't have you sign. Sprouts has me sign most of the time though.

I am hoping to figure out how to make non dairy yogurt with my Instapot since it has a yogurt setting. There is a milk yogurt recipe in the booklet that came with it. I have seen where people have made yogurt with coconut milk and almond milk.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Yesterday I did Live Low Impact Cardio HIIT, 34 minutes, 214 calories.

Valerie, Kylee is the only one we have had that cocks her head all the time. All you have to do is ask her a question. LOL...she cocks her head and looks at you like she is thinking, " what are you talking about now?".. Good that you were able to get the router in MT done as well. I remember car phones and how expensive they were to have, anyone that had one was thought to be very well off. LOL...Funny, my handwriting is just like you described, a mixture of cursive and printing. I wonder if that is just a sign of age or because we really don't have to write much anymore with email and texting etc.

Carolyn, good job on Turbo Barre.. 58 minutes in a time saver premix? :). I think that is why I never got into them.

Diane Sue, nice deal on the Instapot! Horrible news on the car! :(...Maybe get a second quote? I bet you could have sold those encyclopedias on Ebay.

Hi to Lori & Judy,

Take care,

Deb this is ancient history, but my aunt and then her son, my cousin, all had fox terriers and I remember at least one of them doing the head tilt. so cute. they were such cute little guys.
I don't write letters longhand. most of my writing is quick lists, columns, notes, appointments half written/half printed. addresses on envelopes.... usually print those. just in the last month or two it seems even places that have chip readers are dropping the need for signatures. used to be purchases above $25 or so needed a signature. not needing to do that often now. not sure they were ever looked at anyway. would just scribble my initials.
how we lived changed as families got multiple cars. when I was a kid, most women didn't drive. most didn't work outside the home. I'm not complaining... but changed whole way of life when women got mobile and full participation in society.
diane sue report back on how you use the instapot, besides yogurt. I've heard good things but did not think I'd use one much. I am guessing the car doesn't drive properly if at all so getting other estimates might be too expensive. that stinks. we had the trans go out on a Toyota truck. twice. first time was warranty when it was brand new, second time we paid... but traded it in ASAP. we were using it with a small camper and it was too heavy and burned out transmissions. we had been told the load we carried was fine. it wasn't. time to cut our losses.

New #48
Today I did the Build and Burn Cardio Core no jumping premix again since I didn't do all of yesterday and wanted to see what moves she used throughout. This was 23 minutes, 149 calories, heart rate average 131, max 164, 1,633 steps. I then did Build and Burn Upper body premix biceps, back, lower body which was 18 minutes, 120 calories, 356 steps, heart rate average 105, max 133. Total time 41 minutes, 269 calories. Funny, my time and calories were almost the same as yesterday. I do intend on doing some of the knee hab work and stretching in awhile. My hip started hurting sitting in my car yesterday and I totally skipped extra stretching. There is something about the angle of my car seat because this keeps happening. I adjusted it more with a straight up back which relieved my back, but then the head rest pushes my neck forward.
Weight premix upper biceps, back and lower Still 3 sets of everything, but a different format
biceps pulse curls 15# dbs/ pledge curls 15# dbs followed by side lateral leg lift into a knee pull repeat all
back seated rows left together right 15# dbs/ standing cross rows 15# db right then left/ rear leg lift pulse right repeat all ending with leg left
biceps 1 set of pulse curls 15# dbs/ pledge curls 15# dbs/ balance 1 leg knee up crunch right
back 1 set of seated rows 15# dbs/ standing cross rows 15# db right then left/ 1 leg knee up crunch left

Deb, nice workout today :) I already did research on transmission overhaul etc.. costs. This is at the lower end for a Range Rover. We have decided we will never purchase a foreign car again. Too costly for parts. I saw some places where the cost was around 2,000 more :0 . I may have been able to sell those encyclopedias. Probably not for much. The leather covers were torn and the binding was loose. They would have been better if they had not been stored in basements, storage buildings, and attics for so many years. Heat just destroys a lot of things.

Valerie, I had a though today when I went to Sprouts. They had a sign with your finger note stuck to the credit card slide. They kept doing that at Walmart as well. I am wondering if there is some way they are scanning fingerprints with the card and after that goes into the system they don't require a signature anymore. Just one of those odd thoughts that hit me because I spent plenty and normally would have had to sign. Have they been having you do that where you shop? Sign with your finger instead of a stylus? We had State Farm road side assistance come and tow it to our automotive place that we go to. They have always done good work and been honest and efficient. I heard some lady on the radio saying that they even picked her up the next morning and took her to work and picked her up afterward to get her car since she did not have other transportation. My husband says he remembers my Dad talking about transmissions and how some of them do what ours did, it heated up and dried out the transmission fluid. The fluid was not working like it was supposed to. No, it would not move either direction. There is a 1 year warranty on the work. We sure do not need anymore high cost catastrophes at our house. I am going to do a roast and veggies today. You are supposed to use the saute setting first to brown and warm up the Instapot and then move it to pressure cook, which is what I am going to try. I need to run it through the suggested test by using the steam setting and then letting the pressure gradually go off on it's own. You can do a quick release or let it do it itself. My son in law says he wants one. There is someone at his work that keeps raving about how much she loves it. I have a friend also that loves hers and told me to get the 8 Qt. She has some recipes she is going to send me. :) I am going to keep it out on my counter and stuff the 4 slice monster toaster in the cabinet where the old slow cooker was. That way it is handy. I just didn't have much time to look it over yesterday. I wanted to get somewhat familiar before I dive into cooking something.

I did the test run on the Instapot to make sure it was functioning. It went through the warm up, 2 minutes of steam, then releasing the steam and going to warm countdown so I am good :)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did an indoor ride, 80 minutes, and today I did Muscle Max. That's one that I haven't done in a while and I think I will be feeling it tomorrow.

Deb-Kylee is so cute when she cocks her head like that! Just adorable. My handwriting is the same, a mix of printing and cursive.

Valerie-I've noticed the chip readers not needing signatures in most places. It seems almost impossible to sign legibly with those so I don't know how they would know if it was a real signature or not.

Diane Sue-Great job with Build & Burn! I'm sorry about your hip. I've noticed that my hip and low back bother me when I have to drive or ride for a long period of time.

Hi to Lori & Carolyn!

Here are some photos of the half bath. The first is what we had to work with after removing the vanity. Chris did the dry wall repair then we sealed and painted. We should be able to get the vanity in this week.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    473.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    383.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0223.jpeg
    IMG_0223.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0957.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 7
Today I did Rockout Knockout for 50 minutes and 383 calories burned. My average heart rate was 138 and my maximum heart rate was 169. I skipped the third boxing combo.

Deb, yes 58 minutes was one of the Turbo Barre timesavers. It’s a long workout which is one reason that I don’t do it more often. Great job with Live Low Impact HiiT.

Diane Sue, that’s good that you were able to get your workout done before taking your grandson to his camp. It takes a while to adjust to working out earlier. I’m sorry about the transmission on the Range Rover. That’s a big expense. It sounds like you got a good deal on the Instapot.

Valerie, the bag phone was very similar to those built into cars, but it was in a bag. It was big and bulky, but I didn’t carry it around. We kept it in the car. I remember reading a few months ago that many credit card companies were going to stop requiring signatures. I don’t know if the change just went into effect, but I have noticed recently that I don’t have to sign. I’m not sure if I like the change although the electronic signatures are terrible.

Judy, great job with your indoor ride and Muscle Max. I have Muscle Max scheduled for tomorrow.

Hello to Lori.

I went researching credit cards and pretty much signing is going to be a thing of the past for the newer EMV chip cards. I think I got that name right. Anyway, stores have to have the new updated card readers by October. They say the newer chips are even harder to steal and use. The old chip cards are read and sign. The new ones are read and password. I am in trouble if I am supposed to have a password for my latest bank chip card that I got recently. I have no clue what it is because I avoid atms. I checked to see if I had one written down in my log book and couldn't find one either. They are working on finger print ones which are being introduced in Africa. I am not sure how this would work for online shopping. Maybe we will have to use a device to shop.

Judy, nice job on the ride and doing Muscle Max. Your project is going well. You can't even tell that there was work done on the wall :)

Carolyn, if I were going out in the mornings regularly like I did in the past I would get up very early, bathe like I used to and come home and wash my hair. That is how I did it for a long time. It was nothing for me to be up between 4:30 and 5 am to start. It is tiring though and I am kind of spoiled :)

Carolyn I never heard of a bag phone. I thought at first it was "autocorrect" stepping in. the car mounted phones were easy to use and solidly mounted so you could use wthout holding them. probably still distracting but seemed like miracle not having to stop and look for a phone booth. I don't remember when I got one because they were too expensive at first, but so convenient and saved so much time, that eventually the whole sales force had them.

I used to sign at Rite Aid for anything over $25 but no longer. went to Target today and bill was >$100 and no signature needed. I'm sure I had to sign at the grocery store a few days ago though so it's not universal. not sure how thrilled I'll be with fingerprint ID. my iPhone is supposed to have it, and it doesn't work reliably. works fine until it doesn't want to. any inproved security on cc's is good news. we have had our number hacked quite a few times. never know where.
Judy looks like great progress on the wall. Muscle max is a hard one.

DH and I did some shopping this morning. new day pack for him at REI , I tried on some half zip mid weight tops. no luck. the material is too thin and clingy. I don't like it when I can't get a clean line and even the large didn't help. the material sticks to you or whatever you have on, in this case my short sleeve T. hate things that fit like that. I will never be thin enough for that to look OK.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday. I was pretty sore from the 2 days before my hip was hurting a lot, even when I walked. It has been a long time since that has happened to me.

Valerie, I think writing letters at all is a thing of the past. Everything is typed, either on a computer and printed, or by email. Sad. We only had one car when I was young, and my mother never had a license anyway. We had to depend on her friends and my aunt to take us places. My father always worked 2nd shift so we did not see him much except for weekends. I have still always had to sign in stores when using my CC card, and it is one with a chip. That electronic signature thing is a joke. You could put any squiggle in there and they would accept it. That's too bad about those tops at REI. What about Columbia? We have an outlet near us and I find a lot of nice tops there.....good prices too.

Diane Sue, you are making me want to look further into the InstaPot.....I really don't need another appliance. Keep us posted on what you make and what you think of it. A friend of mine has one and is really happy with it. She makes a lot of Thai food, and stuff for her son and his girlfriend who are vegans. That is too bad about the car. We love our Subarus, ( this has been a topic here many times in the past, so I will not belabor it...LOL..), I don't think all foreign cars are bad.

Judy, the renovation is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the pics of the completed job.

Carolyn, good job on Rockout Knockout....I had never heard of a bag phone either....interesting.

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

Today I did Muscle Max for 1 hour 15 minutes and 266 calories burned. Average heart rate was 104 and maximum heart rate was 152. I was tempted to skip the abs, but I didn’t. I wasn’t feeling very energetic this morning.

Deb, I’m sorry about your hip. Taking a rest day is probably a good idea. I hadn’t given the bag phone much thought, that’s just what the portable phones were in the 80’s if they weren’t installed in a car. You can google and get pictures of them.

Hi to Diane Sue, Judy, Lori, and Valerie. Have a wonderful day everyone.

It was a different existence with only one "family car" that went to work with the breadwinner. people were a lot thinner then too, maybe because of all the walking and riding. there were 6 good size grocery stores within walking distance of our house. stores were small by todays standards but sprinkled all over, rather than a gigantic store miles away. all changed now. I was just back there for the funeral and not a single grocery store is left. buildings still there but housing other businesses. most people walked to and from the store. Saturday was the major shopping day because the car was available. hardly anything open on sundays, so all shopping was Saturday. how times have changed.

even seeing images of bag phones, I don't remember them. I remember similar motorola phones with an in- car mount. maybe because of the field I worked in I only looked at car phones.

I tweaked my neck while sleeping the other night so skipped a serious workout. one of those position things where I had trouble turning my head comfortably. walked a mile on the treadmill and let it go at that. it is better today. Deb, hope you recover quickly. I was just looking at tops while DH was buying a new day pack. I don't like the clingy feel or look of smartwool or polypro shirts now. I have old, well worn shirts that I wear all the time that don't fit so close. seems like pants are finally getting away from low rise crap, now tops are a problem. I wanted a long sleeve 'over" shirt quarter or half zip to wear over a T for warmth when I start riding or hiking. the zip neck helps temp control, easy on and off. but the fit was too close and even a thin t shirt made me lumpy. Columbia is a possibility and so is LL Bean. many of my shirts are getting worn looking because I use them so much.

Today I did Ice Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox 50 minutes, 324 calories, heart rate average 128, max 159, 4,338 steps. After I took my grandson to his basketball camp, did a couple of household chores I worked on some stretching and rolling. I did Barre Amped Strengthen and Stretch, Advanced Active stretch, 26 minutes, 64 calories and Upper Body Stretch 14 minutes, 35 calories. I also did some work with the foam roller and yoga tune up balls. Time was 92 minutes, and calories burned 92.
The Instapot was easy to use. I made rump roast with new potatoes and onions(it was supposed to have carrots but I only had shredded) and it turned out really good. I used a recipe for the seasoning and it was cooked in beef bone broth. I saved the broth and skimmed off the fat this morning so I could freeze it. I liked that I could saute the meat and then the onions before adding the broth and starting the cooker. This recipe had you cook it for an hour, then let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes before hitting the quick release and adding the potatoes, carrots, and parsnips and setting it back up to pressure cook 10 more minutes. I did see another similar recipe where they cooked it all at once. I like this better. No chance of overcooked potatoes. I did two soft boiled eggs for lunch just to see how that worked out. The yolks had none of that greenish color to them and they peeled really easily. These were cooked on low pressure.

Deb, I am so sorry that your hip is hurting after a workout again. Mine still hurts off and on and I have tried to be very careful with it. At least it has not been as bad as it was at first. I am sure not all foreign cars are bad. It is mostly the cost of parts and the fact we bought a lemon. We have purchased Ford products most of our lives with a few times of veering off and getting something like a Nissan and a Dodge Charger. Once we purchased a brand new car in California we bought a brand new Granada and the transmission fell out a few days after we got it. Needless to say the dealership was apologetic. My husband was left in going to work traffic in Souther Cal. Not a good thing.
I think that I am going to really like the Instapot. I took the toaster off the counter and am dumping the old slow cooker. Who knows, I may get rid of my smaller rice cooker too. I also have a small slow cooker that could probably go. I am going to see how the different functions work.

Valerie, Saturdays seem to be a major shopping day now too, but mostly because that is when people are off of work. I try to avoid it for the big stores. I remember being able to walk to the dime store and the grocery store. I see small towns with no grocery stores or the people are limited to whatever is sold inside the gas station store. Things have really changed. I think it is about time they got rid of the super low rise pants.

Good evening ladies,

Tuesday was a couple of SBF upper workouts. The first was with heavier weights on stability ball. I used 10’s and 12’s. She used 10’s for the most of it. She hardly ever uses 10’s in a workout. It was no Cathe workout but it was a good. I also did a bis and tris target for 6 mins. Short but effective. Yesterday was a lower body barre and then I did Bellicon’s Booty Bounce. Both were great. Today I did a SBF Arm workout followed up with a LEKfit Bounce with upper.

Deb...Kate is tall and blonde. Very lean. She is in ICE and RWH. I think only 2 series. She is in a lot of the Live’s. Usually in front row to our right. I love that she Kylee tilts her head. She looks so sweet. I thought the same thing with Carolyn’s turbo barre premix at 53 mins!! Hope your hip is better in the morning.

Diane Sue...That is crazy the transmission costs that much. Wow! Hope your hip is better. It very well good be your car. Or the very least it when you are having a flare up it does not help. The instapot sounds great. I love boiled eggs and they sound delicious in the instapot.

Judy...bathroom is coming along great. I have never tried to sheet rock. Chris did a great job.

Carolyn...I am know exactly what a bag phone is. My ex husband had one. Nice workouts the past couple of days. I would have skipped the abs! Lol! A couple of Rockout Knockouts this week. Which series is that from? Ice? Can’t remember.

Valerie...I am uneasy about no signature anymore. I have said this to my husband for a while. Yup growing up we had one station wagon. Once we started getting our licenses we still had 1 station wagon. I just did the same thing but with with my side. I remember stretching in bed in the middle of the night and felt a pull in my lower left abdomen. I was half asleep and remember thinking “oh that was not good”. Been bothering me the past couple of days. Better today though.

There is a place near my office that recently opened called Release Well Being Center That have barre and yoga and some strength classes and other clases along with a spa with a mineral water hot tub. They have an amazing healthy cafe called the Nourish Cafe with some yummy menu items and smoothies. There mission is to promote holistic well being. My son and I are going to check it out tomorrow at lunch. Thinking I am going to sign up for a Barre Class one night after work. Would love to actually try a class. I have no plans to have a membership. Just thought taking a class would be fun. I will be visiting their cafe frequently though!

https://releasewellbeingcenter.com/services/nourish-cafe/?target=menu#tablist1-tab1

Have a great night all!

Lori, nice workout choices yesterday and today. The stability ball weights was probably really good. The release well being place sounds nice. It is nice to find a nutrition conscious place to eat. Trying one of the barre classes would be a fun experience. They have a lot of instructors. Funny, I found myself reading their bios. Interesting to see what drew them to the fitness classes. Thinking of getting licenses, I didn't get mine till I was out of high school. They have large parking lots in the high schools now since most kids drive now. What a headache it is dealing with children and their cars and expensive insurance. Just thinking :)

Hi Everyone,

Today I did a 1 hour indoor ride. I'm hoping to get some outdoor training in this weekend. Thanks for the comments on the bath. Hopefully we'll be finished this weekend.

Deb-I'm sorry about your hip :( I hope it's better soon.

Valerie-We only had one car when I was growing up too. My mom would walk to the grocery store almost every day. I walked or rode my bike everywhere. I remember when you couldn't find anything open on Sundays or holidays. It was a different world then.

Lori-the Release Well Being Center looks great! I love the menu! I bet you will enjoy the class.

Diane Sue-Nice workout today! I always forget about the Barre Amped stretch. I need to get that one out again.

Carolyn-I remember the bag phones. Great job with Muscle Max today!

Judy

speaking as a sequential Subaru owner, I am not sure anymore what a "foreign built"car even means. where parts are made? where things are assembled?? who can tell these days. I always read CR's car evaluations, appliance evals . I don't always follow their advice, but it gives you a good idea of what models are dogs from the get go and thingas to watch for that maybe you have not thought of yet.
I remember them not being very positive about Range Rover when we were looking for a new vehicle. they generally don't like Jeeps either. If I'm interested in a car I always read about it... sometimes they care about something that does or doesn't matter to me, etc. We bought a brand new Toyota Tacoma truck and the transmission failed in a month but it was our fault to some extent because we believed the dealer when he said it was "no problem" to load a pop up camper on it. after the second transmisson failure we did some research and realized we were overloaded on weight. traded it in on a ford 350 pick up in 2009. we still have it, been a great truck but is very expensive to service.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday....I think I will start back on Sunday with a fresh week. My hip feels better, but still twinges when I go up stairs.

Carolyn, great job on muscle max, even with not feeling so energetic!

Valerie, I hope your neck feels better. Agree on the way things were before. Also, I think people were a lot thinner because they did not have all the processed food we have now, and could not afford to go out to eat as much as we do today. Also did not spend a lot on junk food. We never had chips or things like that in the house.

Diane Sue, it sounds like you will be using the InstaPot a lot! That is great. Great that you are able to get rid of all those other appliances. Did you do hard or soft boiled eggs?

Lori, now I know who Kate is! :). Wow, that place sounds really good...membership a little on the pricey side. Good that you can do a class without joining. :).

Judy, an hour indoor ride is amazing! Looking forward to seeing the "after" pics of the bathroom.

Going to watch my friend's 3 year old grandson today, while his father goes for his cancer treatment. Another sad situation which continues for that family....my heart breaks for my godchild, ( my friend's oldest daughter that just lost her mother, and now is still dealing with her husband's cancer.

Take care,

Judy, I hope that you getvin your outdoor training this weekend and the bath project goes well for you.

Valerie, we had two Ford trucks which we had bought when we pulled our fifth wheel trailer. My son has had both of those vehicles for quite a few years now. The double cab he drives and my granddaughter drives the older one. I think she is getting ready to trade it for something else. I used to get consumer reports, but havent in years.
Maybe parts and repair prices have just gone way up.

Deb, I feel so bad for your friends family and godchild. That is a lotbto go through. I wanted reallybsoft boiled eggs and saw a recipe for eggs thatvwere supposed to be runny for dipping toast sticks in and thought I would make it 1 minute longer. The egg was cooked more medium. I did not use the auto egg function though, I did manual. For auto it is normal andvyou can decrease or increase time. I will get it right for what I want with a couple of tries. Also all of the parts are dishwasher safe except the outer base. The interior pot is stainless steel. I read that on their website, as I had hand washed it. It said the lid is top rack dishwasher safe as well as the sealing ring. You have to remove a little blocking screen device and wash it. I will probably still hand wash most of it. Dishwasher cleaning takes the shine out of stainless steel.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.