Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 12/30

Today I did Fit Split low impact cardio time saver, 28 minutes, heart rate average 129, max 160, met 5.8, 179 calories, 1,890 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Weight Circuit #1, 28 minutes, heart rate average 104, max 152, met 4.2, 130 calories, 652 steps. I finished off with Kelly's T.L.C. Train like a contender Quick Blend 19 minutes, heart rate average 121, max 171, 125 calories, 1,162 steps. I love this workout. I had to hunt it down. I found that I had put it in a separate holder where I put workouts that I plan on doing in a particular week. I am sure something side tracked me and I forgot about it. I like that it has lots of mixes and you can pick and choose boxing combos or do upper conditioning or lower conditioning. The music is good on this one.
Total time was 75 minutes, 434 calories, 3,704 steps.
Weight Circuit #1 5 rounds timed 30 work 10 rest
rnd 1
flies 15# dbs
skull crusher 15# dbs
overhead alternating press 15# dbs
alternating row from the floor 25# db
kickbacks 8# dbs
deadlifts 35# barbell
squat deadlift 35# barbell
Rnd 2 same as round one skipping overhead press and adding lateral raise with 8# dbs
Rnd 3
bench press 15# dbs
tate press 15# dbs
double hammer curls 15# dbs
shoulder press 15# dbs
underhand row 35# barbell
kickstand deadlift 35# barbell
dead/squat 35# barbell
Rmd 4
bench press 15# dbs
tate press 15# dbs
alternating lateral raise from behind 8# dbs
kickstand deadlift 35# barbell
squat 35# barbell
Rnd 5 (short round)
flies 15# dbs

Valerie, I may look at the air fryers, but really do not think that I want one. If I had to put the air fryer out in the garage, I would probably not go out there often to get it. Things need to be out and ready. Even the toaster being in the laundry cabinet, I usually make something grilled in a skillet if I want toast instead of getting out the toaster. It would be interesting seeing the words to the music with the sub titles.

Today I did XTrain Chest, Back, and Shoulders rounds 1-6. That was 55 minutes and 294 calories burned. Average heart rate was 117 and maximum heart rate was 160.

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day.

This was not the song playing during Narcos, I don't remember which song it was, but this is an example of another we heard recently during a movie. How many times have you heard YBR? did you have any clue these were the real words? I
Yellow Brick road
When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man
You know you can't hold me forever
I didn't sign up with you
I'm not a present for your friends to open
This boy's too young to be singing, the blues
So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough
Back to the howling old owl in the woods
Hunting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick road
What do you think you'll do then?
I bet that'll shoot down your plane
It'll take you a couple of vodka and tonics
To set you on your feet again
Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be found
Mongrels who ain't got a penny
Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground
So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough
Back to the howling old owl in the woods
Hunting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick road
Songwriters: Bernie Taupin / Elton John

Really, I had zero idea of the lyrics. even reading them ...I don't know what they mean. owls? ploughs? toads?
we had to go to a court proceeding this morning and that killed half the day with the drive and all. this has to do with the lawsuit against the people violating our CC&Rs & how they are using their property.

will get in a weight workout later. I do have Intensity, but don't think I ever used it. must have been part of a group of disks.

I saw a pic of some air fried potatoes earlier. they looked like well roasted potato chunks, and honestly looked very good. a lot of WW people are buying these. I am in the same spot as you diane sue, I don't want more "small" appliances sitting on counter top. at least not yet.

Last edited:
Valerie, I sort of remember some of those lyrics. Looking at it it seems it would be someone kind of depressed with where their life has gone, subject to things to get by, and they would like to go back to where they started. Anyway, that would be what I get out of it. Most songs do not seem to have joyful lyrics. Some sad tale to be told or something just plain unclean. I am extra picky about my music these days.
I baked my husband a hasselback potato with butter and garlic salt melted and poured over the slices. I baked it and left it in the oven because I forgot yesterday was a late night. It was nice and crisp and I took off a wedge and ate it :p Well roasted stuff would appeal to me.

I broke down and pre-ordered two lite dvds. For some reason I did not get the free shipping. It insisted that I had to choose my shipping and I took the least costly one. I ordered the Cardio Party and the Pyramid bonus one that include abs and I believe the extra cardio bonus. I think I would like to get the Kickboxing one (Rumble) later. I am really not sure about the others as the weight increments and giant sets and metabolic seem so much like the usual workouts already out. I am wondering if there are any new moves. I wish the Ice workouts would have had a bonus dvd of just Muscle Meltdowns. That would have been a great dvd instead of having to purchase most of them to get all of the Muscle Meltdowns.

usually you can find interpretation of the lyrics too, but I didn't look for them. I always thought it was related to Wizard of Oz, but I never saw the whole movie.... with them going down the brick road. I never could stand listening to judy garland bits so never got thru the whole movie. At any rate, I try to look up song lyrics when I can and am usually surprised at what they are.

Valerie, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is an Elton John song, but I never gave the lyrics much thought even though I like the song. I think it is a reference to the wizard of oz, but probably some other meaning as well. I am often disappointed when I learn actual song lyrics and interpretations of the lyrics.

I had total body metabolic on top of the stack after doing it yesterday, so I stuck it back in and did the warm up, then Ice core 1, and then muscle meltdown chest. I too wish the muscle meltdowns were together on one disk. I feel I get a better workout with 5 focused exercises x3 than I do with more diverse workouts. so I think supersets or burn sets are my favorite. I did all toe pushups and did the whole thing with 15 lbs. it felt good and took about 45 min all together.

Carolyn I got the first Eating well combined with cooking light today. have not looked at it yet. I am always surprised at how many lyrics I did not hear right. some that are joked about often. some are surprisingly complex and "deep" and others are superficial and not interesting, but I like to read them anyway.

I didn’t feel very energetic this morning so I decided to take a rest day. I did Jane Adams’ Morning Energy Yoga for 18 minutes and that was it. I had an appointment and some errands to run after that. Fortunately we have nice weather again after so many days of rain

Valerie, I haven’t received my magazine yet. I hope it comes next week.

Hello to everyone and enjoy your day.

Today I did Coffey FIt Raw Boxing and Drills, 29 minutes, met 6.0, heart rate average 136, max 170, 2352 steps, 199 calories. I loved this. Kelly uses a step with 1 riser, but says you don't need a step at all. There is only a few segments on the actual step, as most are straddle it or as in one place you just have your hands on it doing knee ins in a plank. It alternates upper body punching , boxing drill segments with a cardio segment. The segments are each done twice and then you move on to the next. Kelly says that you a pair f very light weights if you want. I started with 2# and switched to 1#. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Hips and Glutes which took me 33 minutes instead of the actual 25 minutes because I kept getting text messages. This was met 4.0, 146 calories, 379 steps, ending with Raw Stretch, 25 minutes, 55 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 87 minutes, 400 calories, 2,798 steps.
Hips and Glutes weights 30 seconds on 10 off
squats 4 sets 40# barbell
bridges using the bench 4 sets 40# barbell
deadlifts 40# barbell 1 set regular, 4 sets dead/squat/up 40#
3# ankle weights pizza pusher standing holding step 4 sets
3# ankle weights hydrants 4 sets
3# ankle weights side lateral alternating raise 4 sets
3# ankle weights pizza pusher alternating 6 sets ?
no weight seated on step knee pulls 4 sets
plank knee pull 1 set workout stopped here

Valerie, I feel like when I do a good concentrated workout on only one or two body parts that I get a better workout that skipping all over the place with moves. I at least prefer upper and lower separated. So many anymore are total body. I looked up Yellow Brick Road on wikipedia. It seems that Elton Johns song writer had some feelings about going back to his roots and away from the social scene. Mainly it is just written about the Wizard of Oz. I had children and have seen all of the Wizard of Oz movies many times.

It looks exactly like EW usually looks. not sure I see the CL influence anywhere, but I also have not looked at the magazine in probably 5 yrs, so maybe I'm not noticing. I was more concerned it would go the other way and turn into CL.
Usually I "get" the main chorus in songs. I never found it easy to hear lines in between. even after I read the words I usually still can't hear them when they sing them.

Yes, the same conclusion. I like upper and lower weight workouts separate except lighter weighs like circuits. upper workouts that repeat the same move like super sets, or those that alternate between back/chest or biceps triceps. I am going to try to add in barre workouts again. I don't stick with these but trying again.

Our court decision gave us a win in all areas. still, this is a civil matter, so no one is going to jail. supposedly lot #22 needs to cancel an upcoming big event, and pay us back legal fees. reword their advertising. apparently they will be able to rent out rooms like a B&B to individuals but no large events, we will see what gets decided, and whether they comply. If they can't do what they want, the property might be too expensive to maintain. hopefully, would sell and move on. most of us think its a money laundering business for Russian mob. Really!

we are potentially getting another windstorm tonight so good chance of power outs again. some years are worse than others.
did rock em sock em the whole workout.... except for workarounds on air jacks.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.