Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 12/30

I really intended to get here much sooner. I did my workout and went out to run errands before it gets below freezing and maybe snow on Thursday. I came home and my husband was off early. We are watching movies tonight.
Today I did Kelly Coffey Meltdown mix dumbbell and boxing, 32 minutes, 208 calories, met 5.9, heart rate average 135, max 165, 2,612 steps. I loved this one. It alternated the dumbbell moves and heavy bag/cardio segments. I wore my combat gloves that leave the fingers free so I could still pick up the dumbbells. I used a 20# kettlebell for the swings instead of two dumbbells. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Back side/Front side skipping the lower back moves (mine is a bit sore and superman can aggravate it) This was 48 minutes, 211 calories, heart rate average 103, max 122, met 4.0, 674 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, 419 calories burned, 3286 steps.
Weights, boxing dumbbell weights were 12 and 15# dumbbells
Weights for front side back side 10 reps all
reverse fly 15# dbs
alternating step back row 15# dbs
BSS 15# dbs
repeat
one arm kickbacks 12# db
standing cross body extensions same arm as kickbacks 12# db
suitcase dead lift 25# dbs
repeat
plie squat 20# db
calf raises 20# dbs 10,10,10 reps 3 angles
repeat
arnold press 15# dbs
dumbbell front raise 15# db
quad presses seated on bench no weight pulses and lots of reps
repeat
21's biceps 15# dbs
supinated curls 15# dbs
side lunges 15# db 1st round (12# dbs 2nd round)
repeat
pulse crunch 10 reps
reverse curls 18 reps
repeat

Lori, I am sorry you have had so much sadness. I don't blame you for your quietness and need to reflect and find the things that you have to be thankful for. I hope that this next year is amazing for you. It is good having you back. I bet your Christmas Eve gathering was perfect. I am glad that you had a fun time. I use my Instant Pot so much. I made my husband a steak in it tonight. I made myself a shrimp curry. I had recipes for smoothies that called for an orange peel and all. I soon learned that I did not like it with that much peel in it. I bet your drink was good with fresh citrus fruit in it.

Deb, we are spending out evening at home too. Just movies on television.

Valerie, that is great that you got some skiing in today.

Judy, it rained here yesterday. We have really never done much on New Years eve. Nice job on Super Cuts with the 100 rep challenges. I think a couple of time when my husband was out of country, I had grandchildren sleep over and we had our own celebration with horns and goodies and movies. One year we sat out in the hot tub. That is about all of the excitement. It is pretty quiet where we are on New Years Eve.

Last edited:
Happy New Year!

No workout yesterday.

Carolyn, good job on Intensity. I don't remember that one at all, but it sounds like you made a good decision to do a TS premix and use only the top from the step.

Lori, you had the same plan for the evening we did, (minus the margaritas!) and yes we were in bed by about 10:00.

Valerie, people still go out here, there are all kinds of ballroom set ups etc, but mostly they go to house parties. There are no fireworks here, legal or otherwise.

Judy, we had/have the same rainy weather. Its gloomy, but better than snow and ice. I hope it holds out through Friday when I have to be on a plane.

Diane Sue, nice job on that workout! Your past New Year's eve's reminds me of a friend that called yesterday, her son and grandchildren were going to her house for a movie marathon ( can't remember the titles off hand).

Have a great day!

Happy New Year! This morning I did Cardio Supersets for 41 minutes and 259 calories burned. My average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 160. We had a quiet evening and I was in bed by 10:00. My husband was up until midnight watching a movie.

Deb, Intensity is from 2010. It was with High Reps and Lower Body Blast.

Lori, I did the full Intensity workout one time, but quickly switched to the timesaver premix. It has some of everything.

Hello to all, and have a wonderful day.

Fireworks are "illegal" here but does not stop everyone. it was intermittently loud starting about 6:30 pm yesterday. occasional ka-booms all evening until I went to bed around 9 to read. I stuck in ear plugs and put a pillow over my head and didn't hear much, but DH was bothered and didn't get much sleep. we took a long walk in a nearby park this morning, some beach walking and then climbing up the bluff and back to the car. probably 90 min or so. just comfortable pace. the ski yesterday gave me some sore spots. I don't ski like I used to, try as I might.

I wonder if I have Intensity. don't remember it. I have high reps and lower body blast and used those two a lot. there were disks I skipped over and I'll bet this is one of them.

Wisconsin used to have nice "night clubs" with piano bars, and lots of glitz and sparkle. people would dress up, sometimes dancing. Washington ..I never found anything like that here. different liquor laws.

This morning I did Ice Low Impact Sweat workout 2 time saver, 28 minutes, heart rate average 122, max 157, 182 calories, met 5.9, 1,520 steps. My daughter and her two younger children came over to visit and have lunch. We played a game :) We went to bed a bit before midnight last night. There were a few fireworks that were not real loud, but Gertie was making low barks at them. It didn't last long though.

Deb, I don't enjoy the cold gloomy weather, but it looks like it is here for a few days. It will warm up a bit next week which is good because I will be picking up grandchildren one day and Gertie has her appointment for immunizations. You got to bed earlier than we did :) We watched the first season of Jack Ryan on Amazon as sort of a marathon. It was entertaining, but very graphic and I could have done without the couple of bedroom type scenes. I used to buy or rent some new movies that the grandchildren had not watched. One year the girls and I made hair bows as a craft and had special snacks on decorative plates. Sort of like a tea party set up.

Carolyn, for some reason I thought you were referring to the Intensity cardio workout. I had not thought of the Intensity series, is that the one with the Intensity dvd with step, hiit, low hiit, and a bootcamp bonus? That is a long workout if you do it all. I have used the step and low hiit premix a lot.

Valerie, the fireworks are illegal here too. But, I guess for the most part they are ignored unless there are complaints. The police station is just up the street, the hospital is close and the lake on the other side. Maybe they light some at the lake, I am not sure. They were not real loud. It seems like if you do not do skiing more than occasionally that you would definitely be sore.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did ICE Chiseled Upper Body, and PT exercises 57 minutes, 323 calories.

Carolyn, nice job on the workout! Thanks for the info. Intensity was not part of a series, right? I remember getting High Reps by itself after it had already been out. I never got the other 2.

Valerie, your walk sounds nice. That is too bad that they "allow" those fireworks on New Year's Eve, but I guess the police have to pick their battles.

Diane Sue, I have Jack Ryan in my Watchlist on Amazon. but for some reason, keep passing it by for something else. Your making hair bows and having a tea party sounds like a great way to spend the time with the girls.

Hi to Judy & Lori,

Take care,

Good Morning,
Today I did X Train Bis and Tris timesaver, rounds 1-6. It was 38 minutes and 169 calories burned. My average heart rate was 113 and maximum heart rate was 160. I have my WW meeting today, which is good. My eating wasn’t too bad during the holidays, but a little extra support is always a good thing.

Diane Sue, I was referring to the Intensity workout, not the series. Yes, it has Step, High Impact HiiT, Low Impact HiiT, and the Bootcamp Bonus. I usually do the step and low HiiT.

Deb, great job with ICE Chiseled Upper Body. I like that one a lot. The Intensity workout is a stand alone, not part of a series. I think that the three stand alone dvds were released at the same time.

Hello to Lori, Valerie, and Judy.

Congrats on the workout Deb. I like that one too. one exercise I don't care for is the tilting sideways with a weight in hand. seems awkward and not focused right to me.

a lot of factors allow fireworks here. big part is sales of illegal fireworks that supposedly are not taken off tribal land..... these are big loud fancy fireworks, not just sparklers or snakes which were all I ever saw as a kid. it is such a widespread abuse problem, there's no way there are enough police officers to control it. also hard to identify where the explosions come from unless you get in your car and drive around taking down addresses before calling it in. we could not afford enough officers to stop this. it is a sad fact of life here around the 4th especially. NYE is usually just the one night. on the 4th I worry about fires. we don't have a pet right now, but none of ours were bothered much so we were lucky that way.

we are watching Narcos right now. its excellent. a little hard to follow sometimes. we watched a season a long time ago, and watching the whole thing this time. it is a violent graphic adult series, based on real people and events a lot is in Spanish so subtitles need to be on. I keep seeing the ad for jack ryan so maybe soon on the list.

Did a mountain bike this morning for 70 minutes. wind picked up and looked like it would rain soon, so we stopped early.

Last edited:
Good evening ladies,

Yesterday I did 3 of SB’s advanced lower body targets then finished with Bellicon’s Booty bounce. All of these worked my legs and I have some doms this morning. I was feeling the burn in all of the workouts! This morning I did a LEKfit Bounce with upper intervals. Was about 45 mins.

Valerie...I am sure your margarita was delicious. Glad you got to ski.

Judy...I like Super Cuts and ALWAYS skip the push up sit up move. I usually do a few pushups and then some standing abs while they are going thru the combo.

Deb...looks like your are easing back into your workouts. Very nice. How has your hip been feeling. Are they able to estimate how long you need to continue with PT?

Diane Sue....we decided to watch the original Poseidon Aventure in our movie room. Been ages since we have seen it and it was nice to see on the larger screen.i and not familiar with that raw workout (or is it not Raw?). I will see if I can look it up. I do not think I would like the peel! Never thought to make a steak in it. My husband is now interested in an air fryer. I do not know much about it. Need to do some research.

Caroyln...yes agree Intensity has a little of everything. Nice variety. I am looking forward to the new workouts. Sounds like they will be shipping in the next couple of weeks. Xtrain Bis and Tris is a favorite of mine. I do not do it very ofetn but when I do it I never understand why I seldom do!

Have a great evening all!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Sculpt Fitness cardio premix which includes abs, 39 minutes, met 5.9, 254 calories, heart rate average 126, max 169, 3008 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Tabata Weights, 36 minutes, met 4.5, 179 calories, heart rate average 109, max 146, 650 steps. Total time was 75 minutes, 433 calories, 3,658 steps.
Tabata weights 5 tabata rounds and round 6 is all moves 12 reps This is a pretty efficient 36 minute workout.
rnds 1-3
1 arm row 25# db
bench press 15# dbs
biceps 15# dbs
lateral/front raise 10# dbs
overhead triceps extension 10# dbs
squat 25# dbs
suitcase dead lift 25# dbs
Rnd 5-6
1 arm row 30# db
bench press 20# dbs
biceps supination curls 20# dbs
lateral raise 12# dbs
triceps overhead extensions 12# dbs rnd 6 12 reps of 25# db
squat 30# dbs

I have been trying to do some cleaning and catch up. Took down most of the Christmas stuff today and cleaned and mopped downstairs. I gave Gertie her bath because I have still not used the Frontline on her yet. I am not too worried as it has only made it to 27 so far today. Tomorrow I will try to get upstairs done before the grandchildren come over for awhile. Did I say it is 27 degrees? It just started raining!! Not good, that means ice!! I am glad I got to Sprouts earlier.

Deb, with Jack Ryan my husband pointed out places and situations that he had been in before. Parts were very graphic and I would never have thought that someone would come up with the tactics they did to get things transported without being detected. It still kept my interest and I kept watching, hiding my view once in awhile. My husband said that is pretty realistic looking and I told him I would rather it was not. I am not one to just sit and watch television often. It has to hold me or I am doing other things throughout the show. Nice work on Ice upper body. I bet it feels good to be doing something.

Lori, we have been watching a lot of old movies that we have not seen in a very long time. Do you mean the Raw Front Side Back side workout ? It is almost an hour but Kelly gives a starting point to go to if you want to split it into just front side and just back side. My husband mentioned the air fryer before. For some reason the thought of fried food even if it is air fried does not quite appeal to me. I wonder if it browns? It still seems that it would need some fat to taste right. I guess I would really have to look at it and decide if it was something I would use a lot, or a space hog.

Carolyn, I have done the entire Intensity workout quite a lot, but generally go for premixes, mostly omitting the higher intensity hiit and Step and Low Hiit being the usual choice. I like it thought.

Valerie, the fireworks are not supposed to be used in the city, but we have fireworks stands just on the outside edges and places like Target often sell packs of the small safer things like poppers and those snakes and that sort of thing. We watched public displays from out yard when our children were young. My husband never let them do fire works in the city since he was supposed to be upholding the law. We did fireworks once in a legal area as family when we had cabins and were in the country on the fourth. We have done that several times. Thinking of subtitles, there are some on Jack Ryan. My husband says he is surprised of how much of the language that he can still understand without reading what they are saying.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did KCM Body Design, Weighted Kickboxing and Dumbbell Sculpting. Today I did KCM Raw Ripped & Ride and Lean Body Circuits Hi/Lo Premix. I really enjoyed the Ripped & Ride workout.

Deb-That is a beautiful photo of Buffalo! Nice job with the ICE workout!

Valerie-I worry about fireworks starting fires too. Chino is the first of our kitties to be so upset over the fireworks noise.

Carolyn-Great workouts this week! We had a quiet New Years Eve too.

Diane Sue-We had freezing rain last night and a little this morning. I need to put away all of the Christmas things this week. We still have our tree up but it will be coming down tomorrow or Friday.

Lori-I am looking forward to the new workouts too. I hope they ship by the 10th.

Have a good night!

Judy

Good morning,

Yesterday I did RW/HIIT Low Impact HIIT wk#2, plus PT exercises, 37 minutes, 200 calories. As for the New Year's eve pic, the article mentioned that we have the 2nd largest ball drop in the nation. I assume the first is NYC. The building with the red and green lights is the electric tower, which they light up with different colors depending on the season.

Carolyn, that's great that you want to go to a WW meeting after the holidays, I bet most people skip the week right after the holidays. I remember now, they were stand alones that I skipped when they were first released, then got High Reps a while afterwards.

Valerie, agree, that one tilting exercise seems strange, I almost was going to sub it with a regular one legged dead lift, but got the hang of it after a few reps. Not sure if I would watch something that needed me to read sub-titles. I keep the CC on after using it for some British/Irish shows where it was hard to understand some of the dialect. Now I use it for everything, but don't have to depend on it to know what is going on.

Lori, good job on those bounce workouts. Have you started back with Chelsea yet? My hip still hurts depending on what I am doing. Going up stairs is still painful. The PT guy thought I should be good around the end of January. I am not seeing it though, unless there is a miraculous turn around. The Poseidon Adventure must be awesome on a big screen, almost as good as seeing it in a theater.

Diane Sue, I hope you don't get the ice that you were worried about. I just hope we don't have ice tomorrow morning when I leave. I hate when they have to de-ice the wings of the plane. Jack Ryan must be pretty interesting for your husband to watch, seeing things and places he has experienced himself. My friend got an air fryer, before she passed away. I was not sure how they worked either, She had a sample of a pork chop or something that one of the nurses gave her when she was in the hospital that was done in an air fryer and thought it was delicious. She had her daughter or husband buy one for her but never got to use it.

Judy, you are doing great with the KCM workouts,....one was a DVD and the other a streaming one? I am really looking forward to the new workouts too. The last couple of LIVE workouts look good, I am so tempted to re-sign up. The description for the one for today sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I will hold off though. I need to focus on the new DVD's when they arrive.

Take care,

Last edited:
Deb-Thanks! I streamed both of the KCM workouts yesterday. She has the premixes from Lean Body Circuits, and a few other DVD workouts up on her streaming site. I agree about needing to focus on the new DVD's when they arrive. That's the main reason I'm waiting before I sign up for Live again.

I did part of chiseled upper body while getting dinner going last night a half hour premix. It skips the tilt exercise I don’t like. I can do it but i can’t feel what it’s supposed to work.
Narcos is a heavy mix of English and Spanish, just like you would expect with Columbians, Mexicans, americans all reacting together. We always have subtitles on anyway but not sure if they maybe on this series automatically? I understand more Spanish these days but subtitles still needed to follow . graphic violence. These are not nice folks!

air fryers sound interesting. Getting fried taste/texture using a teeny tiny amount of oil. I would like one but would need to find room for one. They are not small. I don't want more small appliances sitting on the countertop. I already have toaster, toaster oven, small food processor. that's OK, use them all the time. cousins wife got one for xmas but is returning it because no space. they are in a small condo without much storage. I will pass for now on the instant pot for same reason. .

Last edited:
This morning I did All Out Low Impact HiiT floor and step plus core 1. My time was 48 minutes and 300 calories burned. My average heart rate was 121 and maximum heart rate was 150.

Deb, nice job with RWH Low Impact HiiT. I’m sure that you feel better getting some workouts done. That’s a beautiful picture of Buffalo.

Judy, great job with the KCM workouts. The streaming sounds like a good opportunity to try out different workouts.

Diane Sue, many people that I know love their air fryers! It doesn’t interest me because I don’t want fried foods, but it seems to work for those who do. I’m afraid that you are getting that icy weather today. If so, stay safe.

Lori, nice work with the SB Lower Body targets and the Bellicon and Lekfit bounces. I love the XTrain workouts and I also wonder why I don’t do them more often.

Hello to Valerie. Enjoy your day everyone.

This morning I did Ice Rock'm Sock'm kickbox, 49 minutes, 324 calories, met 6.0, heart rate average 138, max 169, 4,245 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves with the stability ball, 24 minutes, heart rate average 97, max 118, met 3.2, 84 calories, 175 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 408 calories, 4,420 steps.
I woke up at 4 am and it was still in the 20's and raining. Loads of accidents last night. My husband has some distance to drive to work. It was bad. We had a bit of snow awhile ago. They are saying snow, more rain and then more snow. Not nice when it is so much ice. I am supposed to watch two of my grandchildren for awhile this afternoon. My daughter hasn't called so I am guessing her appointment has not been canceled.

Judy, Ripped and Ride was fun. I really did like that one even though I was still getting my respiratory system back. Still struggling a bit, but it is coming back. Nice workouts.

Deb, it is good to see that you are able to get in some workouts with your PT finally. I hope it continues to improve much faster. It would be nice if the PT was correct on it being better that soon. It was things in the movie that my husband knew and called before they happened. He has seen those things. The subtitles are intermittent and not that bad on Jack Ryan. If I had to read them through a whole movie, I would have quit. That is so sad that your friend never got to try her air fryer. I am sure the thought makes your heart ache for her.

Valerie, the graphic stuff in Jack Ryan was what the terrorists did. Unbelievable at times that someone would be so evil as to stoop to the things they do. For an appliance to be worth it's space it has to be really good. Right now my laundry cabinet has a shelf that houses a George Forman Grill/waffle iron/ griddle a 4 slice toaster, and a small cuisinart food chopper along with towels and things. No other space to put things like that. Those are items only used once in awhile.

Carolyn I missed your post :) I feel the same way with the air fryer. It just brings images to me of breaded meats and veggies that are generally cooked in oils. I like a stir fry or some sweet potatoes cooked in a bit of grass fed butter or coconut oil with a fried egg on top. A small amount of fat. Not what air fryer makes me think of. I see it maybe being good for someone who loves a lot of fried foods and needs to lose weight finding it helpful. My husband might like it, and then again he might not. He is not very good with baked chicken. I have tried things with it to get him to eat it like doing it like a hasselback potato and slicing through it every 1/2 inch and sticking some ham and cheese in it and baking it. It sort of worked (didn't come back) but if I do it often I get complaints.

I do a fair amount of roasting/oven frying or sauteeing. The WW app shows a lot of people using air fryers. I don't eat fried foods. the pics I've seen make air fryers results look good. I'd have to store it in the basement, things have a way of getting forgotten. I never got excited about the spiralizer and this is bigger and more expensive. so I am waiting to see if the excitement lasts before seriously considering one.

another wind/rain storm today. I did shopping this morning when power outs started to hit. traffic lights out, could not gas up my car but we still have power at home.

one interesting thing about subtitles is when background music plays, it often shows lyrics. a lot of fun to see what the words actually are to familiar songs. Narcos would not be right with all English spoken when its based in south American and mexico. I wish I were better at Spanish, but its surprising how much you can pick up from hearing it spoken while seeing subtitles. like language lab! like English speaking movies there are several common words that get used a lot! its a fascinating story, but you won't follow it without subtitles

I did metabolic total body later today. rough weather this morning so I did the shopping and got caught in a power out where stop lights weren't working, stores had minimal power. we never lost power at home but the shopping trip went way long.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.