Party Rockin Step 1 - Cathe is brilliant!

MelanieC

Cathlete
This was the first dvd I reached for having received my dvds today.

I LOVE IT!!! I'm glad I previewed it first cause its tricky in some spots.

But it reminded me of when I first started working out with Cathe and how much I enjoyed the challenge if learning a new dvd.

The music is awesome - the first song really got me in the mood and excited for the workout.

The combos are really fun once you get the hang of them. I found it helped to count out loud in sets of 8.

Cathe really did a phenomenal job with this dvd! Thanks Cathe this is just what I was hoping for!

I also love this step. I didn't find too much of it difficult to get down once I learned the count, but the finished product is hard because of it being new and trying to remember what comes next. I think after a few more tries I'll get it down. The only part I'm still having a issue with is the cross and turn over the step. I know it's an easier part, but I just cannot get my feet to cross over right, so right now, I just walk across without turning. But I love all the other moves and my fav. it the combo with the grapevine turn grapevine turn. I forget the combo number but I love that one.

Thanks for the tip about counting. I don't plan to try this one until I go on staycation at the end of the month. Since I'm neither graceful nor a dancer, I have to spend a lot of time learning the ones w/complex choreography. I've previewed this one, and there seems to be a lot of turning/spinning, something that makes it even more challenging now that I'm a geezer.

Thanks for the tip about counting. I don't plan to try this one until I go on staycation at the end of the month. Since I'm neither graceful nor a dancer, I have to spend a lot of time learning the ones w/complex choreography. I've previewed this one, and there seems to be a lot of turning/spinning, something that makes it even more challenging now that I'm a geezer.

I don't do all the spins that Cathe does, my knees/ankles aren't able to. So while Cathe's teaching, I do the count and do more rock back or walk and mombo.

Glad to hear your loving the dvd's and jumping right in to the step one.
I too am looking forward to the challenge of learning a new Cathe routine.

From all the reviews I think I will love every single one!!!
Not long now yippeeee!!!

Brigitte:)

Melanie, this was the first of the new DVDs that I did too and I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same excitement I used to feel whenever I received a new Cathe step "tape" in the mail in the late 90s!!

I had to modify the spins that Cathe does...I sometimes get a bit dizzy when I spin too much, but except for that, the workout was awesome! PRS #2 was awesome too!!

PS Maximum Intensity Cardio is an oldie but a goodie. I was feeling nostalgic for stepping so I gave that one a spin this morning. WOW!!!! I had to call it a day half way through the intensity blasts at the very end...too much lactic acid in the quads! I decided to order it on DVD (Rhythmic Step/Interval max/Maximum Intensity Cardio) and next time I WILL finish it!!!

Cathe's Cuing

I just wanted to add that I'm fascinated by the way Cathe cues. For example, when she says "right foot" she and the crew are using their left feet. Years ago, I think she said that's why she wears that little stretchy bracelet...so she can remember to use the foot or go in the direction that's opposite of what she's telling us! Pretty cool, eh?

This dvd is a GIFT! Not many instructors are doing fun, choreographed step workouts anymore... so a huge thank you to Cathe for this one! Things at home are difficult right now, and this workout immediately put a smile on my face and I just felt so great doing it. Love it.

I just did this one the this morning and LOVE it!! Totally agree with pp that this is gift! The combos were a ton of fun, my heart rate really got up there (especially on combos 3 and 5, and the putting it all together parts), the energy was just so high and positive, loved the music . . . really, I can't say enough good about it. As usual, Cathe's cuing was spot on and she was so upbeat - she really is amazing. And the premix options to combine some of the combos from PRS 2 is just genius - these two are going to have staying power in my collection, for sure! Thank you Cathe and crew!!

Fun Fun Fun

I did PRS1 for the second time this morning. I think I like it even more than I did the first time through... And I loved it my first time through!

I did PRS1 for the second time this morning. I think I like it even more than I did the first time through... And I loved it my first time through!

I'm finding all the workouts a lot more fun the second time around. You can get into the moves more and have more fun after you've tried it once then go in for a second chance.

I did it today

I managed most of the box step, but I can't do fast feet so I just lunged. I also do my step on an eight inch step, and it really gets my heart rate up. I really like it and it is so much fun.

I managed most of the box step, but I can't do fast feet so I just lunged. I also do my step on an eight inch step, and it really gets my heart rate up. I really like it and it is so much fun.

8 inches...that's just crazy town! ..... sounds a little scary to me. :eek:

That really is a challenge, good for you!

Hi all

Yeah I'm loving this step at the moment. Did it the second time today and managed to get to the finished product. I will do it again possibly tomorrow (even though its my rest day). Its tricky but I love the challenge. Gotta keep practising.

Laura

Yesterday I did this one for the first time and I could not even begin to do the challenge of putting it all together at the end, so ... I started all over again from the top because I couldn't get enough of it!!! It was so much fun! I loved the part with the hip-hop move, the tricky feet moves, Cathe's cueing, the challenge of the last segment, the sore calves today ... I love all of it.

To top it all off, Rockin Party Step 2 was a blast too, so all those premixes? I'm looking forward to all of them!

(The music in this series makes me smile, and work, and giggle.) :D

I agree with the op "Cathe is brilliant!"

Last edited:
I did this one for the 2nd time today. It was definitely better this time. My heart did not get way up, but the fun factor was way up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.