paper plates on puzzle mats

nightowl81

Cathlete
For those of you working out on the puzzle mats, are you using the paper plates on them? Or what could I use that would work? TIA/

This has been asked before, but I'm too lazy to find the post. Plus, it may have been on another board. But, I have puzzle mats and use a piece of carpet (it's a marble game for my kids) that I roll out for the paper plate parts. Someone else said they use frisbees on their puzzle mats. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like a good idea to me.

I found that the paper plates do not slide well on puzzle mats. DH and I disassemble the mats for this portion of STS and use the plates on our commercial grade carpet. HTH!

I have puzzle mats over tiles. I go to the edge of the mats and use the plates on the tile. They slide very well on the hard flooring. Then I turn my back to the TV and do the other side.

I have puzzle mats and ended up getting a cheapie carpet to go over the top of them. I now use the furniture movers without any problems, but a lot of DOMS. lol

I tried a heavy throw rug on top of my puzzle mats and it works great! After struggling doing the plate exercises on the mats, the rug makes them seem as though they move by themselves. ;-)

I found that the paper plates do not slide well on puzzle mats. DH and I disassemble the mats for this portion of STS and use the plates on our commercial grade carpet. HTH!

This what I do also! I have a large carpeted area covered with puzzle mats and I just pull up 3 of them and this works perfect.

Jo

I use the furniture movers too. My floor is tiled and they work great because of the rubber on the one side.

You can try Waxman's Super Sliders. I have both puzzle mats and PaviGym Flooring and they work great! I bought a pack which has 4 large ones which fit my toe or palms perfectly, and 4 little ones I keep for actual furniture moving!;)

Here's the link from amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PIKPLA

Chris.

Last edited:
I had a great deal of difficulty with rubber flooring; however, my Cathe neoprene exercise mat works GREAT!! Slide away... ouch!

You can try Waxman's Super Sliders. I have both puzzle mats and PaviGym Flooring and they work great! I bought a pack which has 4 large ones which fit my toe or palms perfectly, and 4 little ones I keep for actual furniture moving!;)

Here's the link from amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PIKPLA

Chris.

Thanks for this! I see they ship from McLendon Hardware; I have one less than 5 minutes from my house so I'll have to go check them out! This would be easier than pulling up my puzzle mats!

Jo

I was just about to ask this question myself. I think I will try the Solo plates or a frisbee (hadn't thought of that!), as I don't need to spend any more money on fitness right now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.