P90X results stories please

ckanuckel

Cathlete
I'm considering borrowing P90x and doing it for something different although feel guilty giving cathe up for that long. Can anyone please share any and all positive and/or negative experiences with me. Thanks a bunch

I did a p90x rotation a few years ago and got great results! I didn't do the yoga as much as I should have. I subbed for many of the cardio work outs and added an extra when I wanted. Also added some extra leg work but never skipped the weight/ab work outs and my diet was very good. With that in mind (if it even matters!), I only lost about 1 pound but my body fat went down so I leaned out/got smaller/tighter. I LOVED my results! :D

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!;)

I did about 2-3 months of (not completely) p90x. I like the ab ripper really well. I don't hate Tony, but he's not Cathe. The upper body ones are great though they do get boring. I did see a great toned upper body when I was done with it. I don't like his legs disc. It's not even in the same ball park as Cathe's leg workouts so I felt like I had more to give when I was finished. I liked the Kenpo, and plyometrics. I knew I would not be able to do it 100% (without doing any Cathe's) and I didn't want too. But it was great mixed with some other things.

If you do a search under the forums there has been several threads about it.

Sarah

I know a few people who had great results from this program. I did it for 2 weeks and could not stand another minute, the cardio is easy, he talks tooooo much during the yoga, and his arrogance annoyed me. The ab program is decent and I do that occasionally as long as I can mute the sound.

i did p90x for a couple of rounds in 2010 and got great results.....and i was doing only p90x at that time(which was hard to do b/c i have so many other dvds that i wanted to do), but i stuck with p90x and lost about 50 pounds in the 2 rotations. I have since gained some of it back, but working on getting that back off plus some....but i got great results....my upper body was toning up nicely and i could pump out some push ups during that time......i'm actually thinking about doing another rotation of it with adding some other stuff in possibly....but i think it's a great program....or at least it was for me:)

My brother is going to let me borrow his so I'll get it next weekend at easter from him. So for best results whatcha think's the best way to do it, strictly P90X or mix it up with cathe?

Ckanuckel I think it depends......I think u can sub in for some of the DVDs....I think a lot of people do that if there is a DVD that they don't prefer doing.....but i don't think u want to do anything in addition to unless ur eating properly b/c the DVDs are pretty intense....so I think u can do it exclusively b/c IMO its a great program....and get great results.....but if u wanna stick some other stuff in then go for it b/c I think that will work too.....HTH:)

Ckanuckel I think it depends......I think u can sub in for some of the DVDs....I think a lot of people do that if there is a DVD that they don't prefer doing.....but i don't think u want to do anything in addition to unless ur eating properly b/c the DVDs are pretty intense....so I think u can do it exclusively b/c IMO its a great program....and get great results.....but if u wanna stick some other stuff in then go for it b/c I think that will work too.....HTH:)

Thanks mrsyancy, helpful info. one question for ya though...not to sound stupid, but what did you mean when you said about not adding anything else unless eating properly due to intensity of DVDs?

sorry....all i meant was to make sure that u are eating enough to supplement ur workouts if u are doing anything in addition to p90x....like if ur doing cathe workouts with p90x.....if ur just substituting a different workout for one of ur
p90x routines, then u just eat as u normally do....this was only saying if u add workouts on ur p90x days....hope i was a little more clear this time....lol:)

I would probably do it totally but substitute a Cathe's Legs DVD instead. The rest are good. Unless you get bored, then go with it.

Sarah

I've done P90X. It's a good program and I got good results. The problem with it was the repetition. There is only one leg routine throughout the entire program and only two cardio options. I got totally bored with that. There also wasn't enough cardio for me(cardio junkie here). But this was easily modified. I just added some cardio days when I needed them or added 30 minutes of cardio before an upper body routine. The Yoga was LONG!! I'm not a Yoga fan, but I toughed it out and did it. I got really strong from some of those positions! So def try it!

Have fun with it!!

I did a P90X rotation a few years ago. It's been awhile so trying to remember my results/thoughts. I remember dreading YogaX! It's long and boring but effective. Cardio is too easy. Pushups and pull-ups are very hard. My results were good but after doing the program once through I've never had the desire to do it again.

I did the P90X for the full 90 day rotation and got great results. I lost about 20 pounds if I remember correctly and leaned out a lot! I got tons of comments from family and friends. I felt like a whole new woman!

I did P90X and only P90X for the full 90 days as written. I didn't add or delete anything b/c I wanted to be able to evaluate the program honestly. And honestly, it worked! I learned that my body responds well to more weights and less cardio. Some folks don't. I also learned that even though I liked Tony, I was really getting bored with Ab Ripper X and many of the other workouts at the end of 90 days. I have done some hybrids of P90X and I haven't seen as good of results, but they were still worth doing. I also didn't follow the P90X diet, but I did use protein shakes after each workout, which I think also made a big difference for me.

Personally, I wouldn't add any workouts to the program (since your body really needs to recover) but if you need to substitute some workouts here and there just to get through the boredom it would probably be OK. And even though the yoga disc is long and, at times, boring, I do think it's worth doing as written in the program.

Hope that helps and good luck with your roation.:)

I am finishing a rotation of P90X2. I love Cathe but needed a change. I have had excellent results. The workhouts are very different and very functional. They have modifiers.

I have seen siginificant improvements in flexibilty and mobility. I am probably going to do a few Cathe rotations and then go back. However, I am going to include more yoga and stretching and will continue regularly using my foam roller.

I finished P90X on April 1. I lost 10 lbs and 3 inches off my waist. I liked the program in general, although there wasn't enough cardio (I added 2 Spinning classes per week) and Ab Ripper X got so boring I could have tossed it through the window! The leg program was light compared to Cathe and it wasn't even all legs (it was about 2/3 legs, 1/3 back). In spite of these criticisms, I found P90X to fun most of the time, and I'm happy with my results. I would do it again, but would sub in something else for the abs next time.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.