Oxygen vs Muscle fit for her magazine?

M&F Hers is hands down my favorite fitness mag. They have great articles, advice, workouts, and nutrition information. There seems to a lot of research in the article. This mag seems more focused on health rather than just looking good. I receive Oxygen as well and often feel their mag is more about looking good. Oxygen seems more commercialized and superficial to me. The only problem with M&F Hers is it a bi-monthly publication and I would love to see it every month. However, I wouldn't want to sacrifice quality for quantity! HTH!

I subscribe to Oxygen I really like has too many ads that I really care less about. I get it monthly so I enjoy that. (12 issues $19.97)

M&F Hers I use to get a long time ago content in magazines is good not filled with a lot of ads. Only downside is bi-monthly. I was just thinking about adding M&F hers to subscription again since they have a discount going on (6 issues $17.97)

Fitness Rx - I only get this from time to time. This magazine has a lot of ads but I like that their info has research to back it up with like some scientific info with it as well. (6 issues $20.95)

M&F Hers is hands down my favorite fitness mag. They have great articles, advice, workouts, and nutrition information. There seems to a lot of research in the article. This mag seems more focused on health rather than just looking good. I receive Oxygen as well and often feel their mag is more about looking good. Oxygen seems more commercialized and superficial to me. The only problem with M&F Hers is it a bi-monthly publication and I would love to see it every month. However, I wouldn't want to sacrifice quality for quantity! HTH!

Ditto.

I also think that Oxygen one big advertisement for Tosca Reno.

I prefer M&F Hers to Oxygen. Oxygen seems to have more articles that are tied into the ads.
But to either of those, I prefer Women's Health.

Ditto.

I also think that Oxygen one big advertisement for Tosca Reno.

i believe that is b/c she is married to the editor. i got one day and there was a letter to editor (robert kennedy) mentioning that they were married.

i like oxygen but just don't see the point in spending that much for a bunch of ads. muscle and fitness hers will give you pretty much the same workouts and same articles but less ads(not to say they don't have their share but not enough to annoy the crap out of me).

i am with kathryn that women's health is a good one. i took a survey and got it for free but now they offered me to renew for only $10 i just might take them up on that. not overall many workouts but great articles for everything from fitness to fashion and it all balance.

kassia

I really like "OnFitness"- barely any adds (the ones they advertise are for quality products anyway) great articles!

I have always been a HERS fan until about 6 months ago when I picked up my first copy of Oxygen. LOVE IT!!! If I had to choose between the 2 I would go with Oxygen, better info IMO.
When I get my Oxygen I read it immediately, this last HERS sat around for about a week or so :confused:

Another vote for Women's Health. When I get it I can't wait to read it, the others sit around for when I am cleaning out the mail pile when they are either filed or hastily read.

Shayne

My fave mag is Onfitness.. its a trainers magazine... I think Cathe followers are advanced.. therefore I think this magazine YOU WILL LUV !!!
http://www.onfitnessmag.com/.

I have subscribed to it for years now... never disappointed...

you can find it at borders

I find, personally, that both Fitness Rx and M+F Hers are extremely poorly written and too much into blatantly pushing supplements from companies that are obviously sponsoring them. I have a subscription to Fitness Rx, but won't be renewing it or even likely picking up another issue off the newstand.

I've had a subscription to Oxygen for the past year and have enjoyed it, but don't really feel they offer much new each issue - pretty much if you've read three issues, they've covered everything they're ever going to cover. That being said, if you're looking for some comprehensive workouts to try, they do that well. And yes, Oxygen is a Tosca vehicle, being married to the publisher helps, I guess.

I have subscriptions to Women's Health and Fitness magazines as well, and won't be renewing those either. Too much fluff about clothes and makeup and the models have no muscles.

Currently I've been reading Runner's World a lot and love this magazine, but of course, it's geared to runners, not lifters. I'm considering getting OnFitness.

Last edited:
So sorry to the OP!!! I think we've probably just muddied the waters more for you! :p I personally disagree with morningstars opinion about Fitness RX although do completely agree about Runner's World! In fact I've cancelled all the other discussed magazines and only get Fitness RX and Runner's World now. I don't DISlike any of the others, just prefer the 2 I currently subscribe to.I guess that's why they're opinions....everyone has one...and no one is wrong...it's just their opinion!!!!:D:D:D
I think the posts show that it really is a matter of personal preference and I have to say, I didn't read anyone stating DON't waste your money on any of them so maybe your best bet would be to get the current issue of the 2 or 3 you're most interested in and see what layout, content, etc appeals to you the most!
Good luck in choosing!;)

Becky

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.