Options other than Cathe

lcobb2

Cathlete
Okay folks:

Who's got what? I know that I just spent close to $500 on Cathe stuff, but I've exhausted everything that Cathe has so I'm looking to venture out. Anyone have any of these DVDs and what do you think of these instructors? Collage Video has these and the (prices).

Gin Miller's Serious Strength ($19.95)
Gin Miller's Simply Endurance ($19.95)
Gin Miller's Simply Strong ($19.95)
Squeeze: Stronger with Tracy Effinger ($29.95)
Amy Bento's Slo-Mo Strength Challenge ($19.95)
CIA 2603: Criss-Cross Cardio featuring Sherri Jacquelyn’s (19.95)
Reebok: Extreme Step with Gin Miller (19.95)

Gin Miller's Serious Strength ($19.95)
Gin Miller's Simply Strong ($19.95)
Reebok: Extreme Step with Gin Miller (19.95)

I would suggest going with anything with Gin in it! But then, I like my cocktails!

Why don't you rent some exercise dvd's from blockbuster, Netflix, (what used to be) flicketyfit, or whomever, and see what you like. I am a fan of Tracie Long Training, but she is not Cathe, she has a different approach.

Murph

To Morningstar - :D

It's a joke - Gin Miller is an instructor; gin is an alcohol served in cocktails -
go with anything with "Gin" in it. Get it? it's funny

Laura, if you're looking for some real a$$ kicking cardio try Amy Bento and Tracey Staehle. My favorite Amy stuff is ASC2 (still haven't mastered #3 yet), In the Ring & Rumble. Tracey has some awesome kickboxing--love Strike Zone & Kickbox Sweatfest.

I hear they both have pretty good circuit w/os too.

Laura, if you're looking for some real a$$ kicking cardio try Amy Bento and Tracey Staehle. My favorite Amy stuff is ASC2 (still haven't mastered #3 yet), In the Ring & Rumble. Tracey has some awesome kickboxing--love Strike Zone & Kickbox Sweatfest.

I hear they both have pretty good circuit w/os too.

Thank you so much! I respect and appreciate your comments (and many more to come!!!). I will definitely check out these DVDs. You da' bomb!!! :D

I've got Gin Miller's original step reebok routines on VHS. They're fun but I think not as challenging as Cathe.
~michelle

How about a cardio workout that requires very little coordination? I gave Turbo Jam a shot (downloaded an icky copy just to see if it was worth the cash) and my god! I had no idea how little ability I had to follow cues! Limbs were flying everywhere, and none of them in the direction that Charlene was suggesting!

Laura,
Just a head's up.

You might want to repost this in the OD.

This "Video and DVD" forum is supposed to be for questions, comments, etc. about Cathe workouts, and I've seen her close non-Cathe-based threads in the past.

How about a cardio workout that requires very little coordination? I gave Turbo Jam a shot (downloaded an icky copy just to see if it was worth the cash) and my god! I had no idea how little ability I had to follow cues! Limbs were flying everywhere, and none of them in the direction that Charlene was suggesting!

Amy's Rumble (although the second half is w/a heavy bag), Tracey's KBSF, & Tony Horton's P90X Kenpo X, Kenpo X+, Interval X & Interval X+. P90X cardio isn't as intense as Cathe--it's for guys, ya know ;)--but Amy's & Tracey's--OMG KBSF is a killer--are very easy choreo & super intense.

not to be a nudge, but....

I don't know if it's just the librarian in me or what, but I believe this forum is only supposed to be questions related to Cathe videos & DVDs.

While it is an excellent question, and I am sure many people on the boards are in a similar situation, I think this thread probably should be under the Open discussions section of the forum.

I'd suggest Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning 2, Anni Mars Cardio Force, Gin Miller's Classic Moves (Classic Step?) or Kelly Coffey Meyers' workouts. I havent found that Gin Miller's strength training intense enough.

I just purchased Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 minutes to fitness Kickboxing.
It's one of her newest releases.
I like it because you can choose 30 minute mix or a 60 minute.
You can view a sample of the workout on Collage.com:)

Amy Bento's slow mo challenge is a great workout. A unique twist on different exercises. I have just one Gin Miller workout intense moves (like a Cathe IMAX) and love it. I want to try her others. Give us a review if you purchase hers. Kelly Coffey-Meyer has a new bootcamp workout that also looks good. You might want to check her out. She is advanced as well.

Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.