Opinions on Valor BD-3 Squat Stands?

RE: Leanne, Q re: Valor squat stands

So Leslie from PFC called me back, and Valor will be out of stock on the stands until some time in June. She made a note to call them on June 2, and she'll get in touch with me then to let me know when they're expected. She also said that they will honor the sales price in June, but they won't charge my credit card until PFC gets them back in stock.

If anyone is interested in getting them, maybe give them a call (800.630.7827) and ask if you can get the sale price in June!:)

>Some bad news! I placed my order with Professional Fitness
>Concepts, and a Customer Service rep just called to let me
>know that they are on backorder with the company until June.
>She's actually going to call Valor to get a better time frame,
>and she said she'd call me back when she learns more (what
>great customer service!).
>

Drat! I just place my order as well (I'm at work, so don't know if I got a call at home yet or not. I'll definitely ask to have the same price.

Though I'm not too bummed, as I have a feeling we won't be getting STS until at least June (and we won't need the racks during the first mesocycle anyway).

>
>Drat! I just place my order as well (I'm at work, so don't
>know if I got a call at home yet or not. I'll definitely ask
>to have the same price.
>
>Though I'm not too bummed, as I have a feeling we won't be
>getting STS until at least June (and we won't need the racks
>during the first mesocycle anyway).
>
>

I know, Kathryn! I was thinking the same thing -- that we wouldn't even get STS until probably July or August, so that gives us some time to get the racks -- but I'm still disappointed! It's always nice to have new toys to play with!
:D

I just placed an order for the racks. Again, CS says they are on backorder until at least June. I asked about keeping the same price since I preordered now. She said she talked to Valor company and the price will increase up to $20 more due to parts coming from China or something like that. It still isn't a bad price but if any of you get to keep the $120 price in June, let me know. :)

Hi Wanda,

I'll be sure to keep you posted!

They're probably wondering where all this new interest in the squat stands is coming from!:)

>Hi Wanda,
>
>I'll be sure to keep you posted!
>
>They're probably wondering where all this new interest in the
>squat stands is coming from!:)

Hi back at you Leanne.
:) Yes they were wondering why the rush on squat racks. Leslie, at Professional Fitness said for a long time they would only sell 1 or 2 racks. Now, all of a sudden they sold over 100 in a week's time! ;-) I told her about Cathe, the forum, and the STS series where we could really use a rack to lift heavier. Later, Leslie called me back to say that she and others in her office looked up Cathe on the web. They were amazed at Cathe's muscles. When I told her how tiny Cathe is, she was very impressed. She now understands the run on squat racks. :p ;-) :)

>>>Later, Leslie called me back to say that she and
>others in her office looked up Cathe on the web.

I talked to Leslie, too!

They must be very surprised to suddenly have a run on the racks!

>
>Hi back at you Leanne.
>:) Yes they were wondering why the rush on squat racks.
>Leslie, at Professional Fitness said for a long time they
>would only sell 1 or 2 racks. Now, all of a sudden they sold
>over 100 in a week's time! ;-) I told her about Cathe, the
>forum, and the STS series where we could really use a rack to
>lift heavier. Later, Leslie called me back to say that she and
>others in her office looked up Cathe on the web. They were
>amazed at Cathe's muscles. When I told her how tiny Cathe is,
>she was very impressed. She now understands the run on squat
>racks. :p ;-) :)

Oh, that is just TOO funny!:D When I spoke with Leslie yesterday, I was going to mention something about Cathe's STS series, but ended up not saying anything. Now I wish I had!:)

Debbie - you don't feel like you will back into one with the bar and knock it over? I need something like this setup b/c it is all I have room for but want to be sure I would feel ok with it. I'd be up a creek if I missed one and it fell over :) Thanks, Shana

>Debbie - you don't feel like you will back into one with the
>bar and knock it over?

Not Debbie, but you don't back into the bar. You set the bar up in the racks so the open end faces you, step forward and under the bar to load it on your shoulders, then stand upright and back up away from the bar. To rerack the bar, you step forward (otherwise, you wouldn't be able to see where you were were racking.

I AM Debbie and thank heaven for Kathryn being "Debbie" for a moment! Ha! I have to admit that I didn't realize you FACE the rack. I DID back into it to lift and also replace the bar! :eek: Thanks for the clarification Kathryn!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Well, now that makes sense :) I placed an order and have not heard back from the company. I need these now b/c what my legs can do, my arms cannot lift over my head. I may have to hold dumbells for now for some of the squats . Thanks for clarifying - too much Aggie blood running through my veins... ;)
Shana

>I AM Debbie and thank heaven for Kathryn being "Debbie" for a
>moment! Ha! I have to admit that I didn't realize you FACE the
>rack. I DID back into it to lift and also replace the bar! :eek:
>Thanks for the clarification Kathryn!
>
>
>http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
>
>
>Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")
>http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img]
>If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You
>DANCE!

Yes, thanks, Kathryn, for the clarification! I thought you were supposed to back into it, too! Silly me!;-)

RE: Could you add a bench later w/Valor stands??

Hey, Kathy,

I bet you could! I was actually thinking of doing the same thing!

I have an old weight bench that I never use since I usually just use my step, but I think that it would work fine to use the Valor stands. They retract so that they'd be low enough to use them for chest presses!
:)

>I AM Debbie and thank heaven for Kathryn being "Debbie" for a
>moment! Ha! I have to admit that I didn't realize you FACE the
>
>
>http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
>
>
>Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")
>http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img]
>If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You
>DANCE!

Lol, you aren't alone Debbie! I thought you loaded it that way too! ;)

> I didn't realize you FACE the

I guess my college weight training class did teach me one useful thing!;-)

You know, with all the business this place is getting from Cathe.com (and VF as well), maybe we should negotiate a group discount (or at least get an assurance that the $20 price raise in June will be a firm committement on their part. I'm sure it wuold benefit them more in the long-run to sell 100+ racks taking a percentage discount off, than having many people cancel their order and buy elsewhere because the price isn't guaranteed.

Who wants to call Leslie about that? ;-) (I talked to her this morning, but didn't think of this at the time).

Hmmm??? Regarding facing the rack or not...today while doing GS Legs, I faced the rack to load & unload the barbell off my shoulders for the first set and didn't feel comfortable at all. It seemed I had to bend over more to get it on the rack facing it??? I also felt like it was hard to SEE the hooks you rack it onto compared to backing in to the rack. Surely, it wouldn't matter to walk backwards to rack as long as we are safe, right? Whatcha guys think? BTW, Liann, your new "do" and color is sooo cute on you! Beautiful smile too! Kathy, I think you NEED the Valor rack and also a bench later!!! Ha!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

I talked to her this afternoon and made the request for a group deal to cathe.com users for the current price. She is supposed to get back to me. Shana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.