oh my gosh!!!!!!!!

kariev

Cathlete
I seriously called cathe a crazy b**** this morning while doing S&H chest. I have had these workouts for 2 months and when i previewed them i thought they looked so boring so i never did them. well, the intensity of these workouts make them not so boring! today was my first time doing them. I did chest and bi's. after all the chest workout when she said now lets do a set of pushups i literally cused at the tv and wanted to strangle her. these workouts are great! i'm so happy i finally gave them a chance. i can't wait for the 4 day split to come out. i'm getting much more into heavy lifting.

That makes me nervous! I'm going to be starting to use my new GS series for the first time this Friday . . . . Yikes!

LeanneM

The GS series is pretty intense, but is much different than the S&H series. They are both great for what each is trying to accomplish.

OH YES! I had S&H for over 18 months before I finally plugged them in. NOW...I LOVE them and find myself putting them in the middle of a rotation for a full week. LOVE THEM!

Gayle

>The GS series is pretty intense, but is much different than
>the S&H series. They are both great for what each is trying
>to accomplish.

I have GS but have been looking at S&H. How DO they compare?

slow and heavy is just as it sounds. you lift slow with heavy weights with no more then 8 reps for each set. gym style is a faster paced. by going slower you are really able to load the weight heavy and feel all your muscle fibers contracting. its a great workout!

Is Gym Style lighter weights and higher reps? Primarily for endurance rather than primarily for strength?

Thanks,
April

it is strength and it is heavy lifting but slow and heavy is even heavier lifting and slower. they both will build muscle. gym syle is one of my favorites

>slow and heavy is just as it sounds. you lift slow with
>heavy weights with no more then 8 reps for each set. gym
>style is a faster paced. by going slower you are really able
>to load the weight heavy and feel all your muscle fibers
>contracting. its a great workout!

Okay. That's going to be one of the things I get next. I love weights!!!

Okay, I LOVE S&H with a passion! It has never failed me. I just finished a Gym Style rotation (fabulous!) & am doing a 2 week S&H rotation before I go on vacation. On the second go-round, I already felt way stronger. Also, my weight loss, which had hit a snag, is back on track again.:7
This is a great series & I cannot say enough positive things about it. However, like Cathe repeatedly reminds us on the DVD, you really have to concentrate on each repetition to really benefit. When I finally realized (a long time ago) that she was talking to ME, & pushed myself accordingly, it became a whole new experience.
Don't you just love being able to talk to people about these things? Nobody in my life would have the slightest interest in my opinion!
Ruth
:7 :7

I've been looking at this series for awhile myself but never bought it and see that the 3Day Split Cathe will be doing next is a sequel to S & H Ca you tell me poundage Cathe uses in he S&H series?

Thanks
Lesly

This is straight off of the Weight Worksheet. Here you go...

LEGS
Pre-Exhaust DB 2x10
Squat BB 50
Pre-Ex.-R. Lunge DB 2x10
Static Lunge BB 50/40
Side Lunge DB 15
Plie DB 1x40
Calf DB 2x20

SHOULDERS
Front Raise DB 2x8
Side Lateral DB 2x5/2x8/2x8
Posterior Delt DB 2x5/2x8/2x8
Seated OH Press DB 2x15/2x12
Side Lying Ext. Rotate DB 1x5

CHEST
Bench Press DB 2 x 25/25/20
Flyes DB 2x15
Incline Bench DB 2x15
Incline Flyes DB 2 x 15/12/12
Push-Ups

BACK
Lat Row DB 2x12
Pullover DB 1x15
Dead Lifts DB 2 x 25/25/20
Supermans
Planks 1
Planks 2
Planks 3

TRICEPS
Seated French Press DB 1x20
Lying Triceps Extensions DB 2x8
Triceps Kickbacks DB 2 x 8/5/5
Dips x 2

BICEPS
Curls DB 2 x 15/12/12
Hammercurls DB 2x12
Bar Curls BB 30/25/25
Barbell Wrist Curl BB 25
Reverse Wrist Curl DB 2x5
Abs

It's the S&H overhead shoulder presses that have me cursing the Freiderichs and all their offspring for generations to come!

Thankfully, there's only two sets. I think set three was accidentally missed, but as sure as the fat on my a$$, I ain't adding on a set - LOL!

Susan L.G.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.