Odd weight amount...

mlj83081

Cathlete
I don't doubt that at some point this has been discussed but I'm a little behind because I'm just ordered STS lol...Ok concerning the 1RM calculator...assuming you have calculated that you need some odd amount of weight like 72 lbs...or 13 lbs..how do you apply this to your weights?

I do the best I can with the weights I have to come closest to what is called for. So if the Workout Card calls for a 19# weight, I'll try using a 20# db instead. Sometimes it gets tricky, so I'll use a very unconventional method of ankle weights around my wrists (I know... crazy), and very carefully do the exercise with the best form I can. My ankle weight go from 1# to as much as 5# each, so that allows for a good range of increments.

Not the best way, but it works for me.

Marcia

I use dumbbells only and have 3 sets of wrist weights that I use for those odd weight numbers.

* 1 lb gloves (as in, they are 1 lb each). Cathe sells them.
* 2 lb wrist weights. Like this.
* A second set of adjustable wrist/ankle weights up to 10 lbs (right now, mine are set at 4 lbs). Like this.

I find having 3 sets very helpful because some exercises require adding only 1 lb, and then the very next exercise requires 3 or 4 lbs. Adjusting the wrist weights between exercises would be time consuming, so if you can afford to have more than one set, do it.

*Note: The 10 lb adjustable wrist/ankle weights are bulky, but they do the job.

Hope I helped. :)

Last edited:
I use Pace weights.
Also... I invested in a lot of additional dumbbells, like 7, 14, 17.5, 22.5, 27.5, 32.5 - that cost me quite a lot, but I hope its worth it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.