Not Happy with GWF

TpaGirl

Cathlete
I've been wearing my GWF for 2 months now, and I have not lost a single pound. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I am very anal about inputting my food intake. I measure and weigh everything. The computer shows a deficit of 250-500 calories everyday. You would think I would have lost at least 4 pounds in the last 8 weeks, but I haven"t even lost 1/2 pound. I'm beginning to think the machine is no better than just using my sparkpeople. The only thing it seems to do is calculate my sleep.

Sorry you're not losing! I don't have a GWF, but I'm at the last 5 lbs. to my goal and it's getting much more difficult to lose! Are you close to your goal?

One thing I did was change up my cardio work. I'm running (steady state) and doing interval runs. This is helping get my weight down. I was stuck at 130 for about a month until I started that. It could be you've been on a steady routine for too long. Can't really tell without more detail.

Just don't get discouraged! It will come! Try to change some other things up. Maybe zig zagging your calories will help! Assuming you haven't already thought of that!

I'm to the point where I'm just trying to drop a few pounds of fat, so I can look more cut. I do cardio 5x/week plus STS. I alternate between steady state running (training for another race), intervals, hill runs, spinning.... It's just frustrating. I bought this GWF and paid for 9 mos of service thinking it would help, but now I realize I probably wasted the $150 for the item plus the $84 for the 9 mos of service. AAARRGGHHH!!!!

Since the GWF obviously thinks you are burning more calories than you really are, maybe you need to adujst the inputs you gave it at the beginning? Like, are you a zillion% positive of the daily calories that you first input, what activity level did you tell it, and are you even sure that your weight was correct? I know I need to buy a new scale, because it says that I weigh 7 pounds LESS than my doctor's scale :mad::mad::mad:. If that were the case, then the GWF would show a lower calorie burn based on bodyweight.

PS: I also have a GWF, and the first 2 months I lost 5 pounds just by making sure I got 10,000 steps in, and watching what I ate. Then I got lazy, stopped wearing it, and gained about 2 lbs back :eek:, and am now making a concerted effort the burn 2500 calories a day and eat 1500. We'll see if I lose 2 lbs per week like I should.

Last edited:
I had a body bug and found the calories burned were really inaccurate, so I got a Polar HRM. I have lost 7 pounds since I switched, just from having more accurate numbers. Maybe try an HRM?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.