not good again

NY25

Cathlete
I was feeling better for a minute; I feel very bad tonight; completely overwhelmed and exhausted - not much fight left. :(

You're going through a tough time at work (if I remember your original post correctly)? If so, could you possibly talk to someone in your company and see about a transfer? Or maybe dust off your resume and start looking?

If none of that is feasible and you continue to suffer, you might consider going to a counselor and getting tips on how to best deal with the situation. Life is too short and we spend too much time at work for it to be making your life miserable.

Hi again!!

Please explain more, I man was there something that triggered your feelings again? Are you sleeping? Are you feeling anxious ?

Have you recently had a difference in life? Not just the job but have you moved or a loved one pass?

I am asking because changes small or big changes can trigger depression and lack of sleep as well can make it worse.
I am still praying for you, and please post to keep us informed so we can try to help. The above poster is correct also in counseling , there us nothing wrong with that, I have to contribute my sanity to many years of counseling! You really can tell them everything you feel without feeling judged. It helps and if its a good one they help u to se a light at the end if the tunnel and or see things in a different way.

Please consider than you may have depression and maybe talk to someone about medication or alternative therapies.

Depression is not the blues, not feeling sad, not feeling down in the dumps. It's a serious mental illness due to brain chemical imbalances and it's not something you should self treat especially if you are feeling hopeless.

Please continue to post here. People do care about you and want you to feel better!

How are things at home? If you're having a bad time at work but your home life is great, you probably handle things at work better. If it's bad in both places, that's really difficult!

Are you eating, sleeping, and getting exercise? All those things help you cope with difficult times. Also, what about friends? Socializing with positive people can lift you up. I go to church, and it really feeds my soul. Maybe that would help. How long has this been going on?

Hang in there! Hope everything gets better soon. Keep us informed.

Thanks all. It's kind if everything. The work situation; then there is a guy that I've been talking to (his initiation) but couldn't figure out what his intention is. Unfortunately I am starting to like him. We both have some complications as well. So I went out for drinks with a friend/co-worker on Friday. Talking about something else and she shares they had s fling about 9 months ago. His coy behavior is apparently his m.o. so now there's that drama - I did not tell her he and I talk/hang out. My best friend and real support lives in another state, has a kid and may be facing a health crisis of her own. And yes, I am prone to bouts of mild depression. I think right now it's just too much at once.
Worked out yesterday and it was great, but after the endorphins wore off crashed like a drug addict. Sigh. Thanks so much for listening.

I am praying for you NY25. I hope that is ok and does not offend you.

You know the thing that makes me sad is that our society seems so disconnected in many ways. I really wish I could just sit with you and listen to you and be your friend and put my arm around you and tell you are loved (in a total friendship, platonic way).

Sincerely,

You know the thing that makes me sad is that our society seems so disconnected in many ways. I really wish I could just sit with you and listen to you and be your friend and put my arm around you and tell you are loved (in a total friendship, platonic way).

Sincerely,
The same goes for me too.

Thanks Tracey and Melagras. I truly do appreciate it. It's great to know I have friends like you here, even if we don't know each other personally. I'm sure I'll get through this in a little time. Just have to keep pushing forward. Thank you, thank you!!

Hi, the razon I love this forum is because the all support from everyone, I hope you feel better and remember you are spécial, smart and beautiful.God Bless you to everyone in this forum.

Sincerely,

I absolutely loved reading this! People now days seem so distant and uncaring! I know of course not everyone like this post and u the poster! But this made me smile and warm my heart to read this!! It makes me have hope. I can feel what others are feeling like well empathy not sympathy but I can feel the pain at times and it does hurt ur heart and I am so glad to read that here is another person who can relate!!
Wonderful post! We all need a friend like this! Well like all of you that responded!!

My husband was dealing with similar issues last year. He was so sad, anxious and completely overwhelmed with everyday life. Over a progression of time, his anxiety increased to the point that he had to be hospitalized. He was not sleeping or eating. Depression is a very serious issue and should be addressed by going to your doctor and being evaluated. Even though he had a great support system, exercised daily, went to work and socialized with his co-workers, he could not "shake" the overwhelming feelings that were taking over his life. He was so sad, and I felt helpless. Medication and counseling has worked for my husband and it may work for you.

Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.