No results

Keep it up! When reading Cathe's second response to you (modifying for your time frame) she said you should see a HUGE change in 2.5 months. That is a few weeks away yet so you have plenty of time for your body to respond to this type of training. Good Luck!

I say this because I have lost 14lbs since Jan 2nd 2014. I have been using Cathe's videos and shoveling. I changed my eating to all veges, fruits, egg whites and chicken with some cottage cheese and fruit and an occasional English muffin on hard snow shoveling days. I use powdered milk in my coffee. For my chocolate cravings I have chocolate calcium chews. I do not measure my food. I do not like to go hungry so when I am I eat veges with some protein added in. I also have to say I am 50ish yrs old and have quite a few ailments and physical conditions, I just work around them as best I can. I truly believe my success has been from the huge changes in my diet and doing modified Cathe workouts regularly. So, IMO the poster should have seen results by 3 weeks.

For what it's worth my experience has always been that it takes 3-4 weeks of consistent training & diet modifications to see results, then it's like you see a lot of results all at once.

The other factor for me is that once I got to my late 40's (I am 51), I had to drop almost all starchy carbs and keep my total carb intake at or below 100 grams per day almost all of the time. In other words, kind of a modified paleo diet. I don't eat any processed carbs and only very small servings of things like oatmeal, rice, baked potato (4 ounce serving). I can eat all of the non starchy vegetables I want, but I rarely eat fruit. I also had to increase my intake of healthy fat. I believe the hormonal changes in menopause causes our bodies to respond differently to sugar and carbohydrate and also causes our bodies to need more good fats to function.

I hope this helps.

Maybe you're worried too much about the destination and forgetting to enjoy the journey? You might consider just enjoying yourself and the benefits you're experiencing (more energy, increased strength, etc.). Forget about the metrics---weighing and/or measuring yourself--and just have fun! I wonder if you're putting pressure on yourself and are so focused on the goals that the stress is hindering your perceived progress. Note "perceived." You definitely are doing good for yourself and that is a gift in itself, an admirable accomplishment. We are all sending you positive karma/vibes---keep at it, girl!

Really? I don't know...to me 3 weeks is just barely getting started. :confused: Especially if you are over 50, it's just too much pressure to put on oneself to see changes that quickly. I've never understood the need to see instant results, personally. It just seems to be a guaranteed way to disappointment. I've always been the tortoise and not the hare in my approach. Slow and steady ALWAYS wins the race in the end (guaranteeing permanent changes, not short term ones). It's no different than people who always grasp at "get rich quick" or get "whatever fill in the blank" quick plans. We are such an instant gratification society and it just leads to a vicious cycle of ups and downs and chronic unhappiness.

Sorry...I'll get off my soapbox now. :eek: :eek:

Back to the topic...now if it's been 3 months and there is still no change...then I would re-evaluate my diet, make sure I'm getting enough rest and recovery between workouts and managing lifestyle stress along with my workouts (to reduce the cortisol effect). Mostly the diet...little things like that occasional glass of wine, sugar indulgences or extra bit of cheese can really sabotage results, especially once menopause hits.

I think this is right on and I believe results are going to vary depending on the individual's conditioning to begin with. Especially if one is new to training (as in never lifted anything) along with body fat/muscle ratio and general health.

If EVERYTHING is done text-book style, its going to take a week just to slow the train down, another to stop the train, one week to reverse the train, and after that if you still have the resolve, you are going to get those results not all at once but it will happen.

We are hammered with commercials and magazine glossies about getting results fast if you only do this for 20 minutes a day-hype. The only people on the planet that can eat day-old pizza from under the bed, and all the other things (we) used to eat are teenagers and 20-somethings or people who are injecting HGH. Women have the harder row of it considering our hormonal panel is like a circuit board out of Star Trek and are so directly dependent on everything functioning in tandem. In comparison, men rely on their very abundant hormone testosterone and others such as DHEA, but I digress. Men will see faster results, and once a man sheds enough fat to stabilize estrogen, he's going to be in pretty good shape for a very long time. Muscle also produces testosterone, its a win/win with men.

Generally speaking (and not always of course) women are supposed to have 20% fat at certain times of our life and its pretty hard to convince the body otherwise unless you are working at it at least 90% of the week. Women need body fat to produce estrogen after menopause, so you got that mighty struggle to deal with. But, I'm suspecting our adrenals, thyroid and pituitary glands have taken a hit from years of bad food culture, heavy metals and chemical laden water.

I guess what I'm trying to say, its never going to be predictable when it comes to losing fat and maintaining muscle. What one does may not work for the other, but there are other nuances to this, like supplements and eating enough fat and how is your Vitamin D level and your gut health? Your gut bacteria outnumber all the cells in our body 10 times over, and bad gut means poor absorption and a domino affect. There are plenty of other *players* in this arena. I need to be quiet now...omg talk about a soapbox tower! :eek:

Last edited:
I think this is right on and I believe results are going to vary depending on the individual's conditioning to begin with. Especially if one is new to training (as in never lifted anything) along with body fat/muscle ratio and general health.

If EVERYTHING is done text-book style, its going to take a week just to slow the train down, another to stop the train, one week to reverse the train, and after that if you still have the resolve, you are going to get those results not all at once but it will happen.

We are hammered with commercials and magazine glossies about getting results fast if you only do this for 20 minutes a day-hype. The only people on the planet that can eat day-old pizza from under the bed, and all the other things (we) used to eat are teenagers and 20-somethings or people who are injecting HGH. Women have the harder row of it considering our hormonal panel is is a circuit board out of Star Trek and are so directly dependent on everything functioning in tandem. In comparison, men rely on their very abundant hormone testosterone and others such as DHEA, but I digress. Men will see faster results, and once a man sheds enough fat to stabilize estrogen, he's going to be in pretty good shape for a very long time. Muscle also produces testosterone, its a win/win with men.

Generally speaking (and not always of course) women are supposed to have 20% fat at certain times of our life and its pretty hard to convince the body otherwise unless you are working at it at least 90% of the week. Women need body fat to produce estrogen after menopause, so you got that mighty struggle to deal with. But, I'm suspecting our adrenals, thyroid and pituitary glands have taken a hit from years of bad food culture, heavy metals and chemical laden water.

I guess what I'm trying to say, its never going to be predictable when it comes to losing fat and maintaining muscle. What one does may not work for the other, but there are other nuances to this, like supplements and eating enough fat and how is your Vitamin D level and your gut health? Your gut bacteria outnumber all the cells in our body 10 times over, and bad gut means poor absorption and a domino affect. There are plenty of other *players* in this arena. I need to be quiet now...omg talk about a soapbox tower! :eek:

:D:D:D pls dirtdiva do not keep quiet , keep your comments coming ;) Loved it:eek:

So true those in their twenties can get away with murder but It does catch up pretty quickly from mid thirties. I wish I had the knowledge I currently have back then:D As to injections---pls do not do it! Especially for women:eek::eek::eek: Well I better keep my mind quiet;)

Women being disadvantaged compared to men---We can still naturally induce friendly hormones to gain muscles, enhancing metabolism and reach other goals by training smart and safe :cool::eek:. ;-)

All of these folks have given you quite a bit to think about ;)

I'll just throw in my 2 cents as well. Food sensitivities and intolerances are highly UNDERrated in many programs and diet plans. What's good for one, or even good for many, might not be good for you. Pay close attention to what you are eating and how the specific foods make you feel. There could be a culprit hiding somewhere in a "healthy" plan that is actually causing inflammation and holding back your results.

All that being said- DO NOT- give up! Fight for what you want! Just don't be afraid to make adjustments based on what your body is telling you :)

Good luck!

Hi, it is hard no only for you for me too but don't give up,take away wine. You can try eat less sweet fruit, eat more greens like kale, some good carbs in the morning and lunch time, and for dinner chicken breast and a lot of vegetables,( good carbs in the vegetables). Good luck

I've been doing the plan Cathe put together for me to do for my work's 12 week employee challenge. I'm on the third week now and so far have ZERO results. No weight change on the scale, no bodyfat lost, no inches lost. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. I'm working my butt off and nothing is happening. I have a meal plan worked out for me by a trainer I know as well. Its very tempting to dump everything and do something else but I'm trying not to. Words of encouragement please? I'm convinced my age has alot to do with this. Stupid menopause

Did you ask Cathe?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.