New Weight Watchers Program

Points allowance figured by age, gender and current weight. I don't think a way to figure yourself but given when weigh in or use new calculator. Bananas are 0 points as is all fresh fruit.
Debbie

Are bananas considered 0 points too? They were 2 points on the old system and I know they have a lot of sugar in them.

All fresh, frozen and canned (in water or juice no syrup and pour the juice off) are zero points. The exception is avocados. According to WW CSO, Karen Miller-Kovach, in their tests at MUSC they found eating bananas really didn't make a diffrence in weight loss.

You can read more at these links:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/templates/print.aspx?PageId=1210391

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=105421

I've really enjoyed the program. I attend meetings. If you're an online member, I highly recommend attending one meeting to get the PointsPlus guide and pocket guidebook.

Daily PP are figured by age, current weight, height and sex. In addition to the daily PP, you get 49 weekly points to use however you wish. You can also earn activity PP and eat those, too.

Week 5 and I'm still stuck at the same weight (give or take a pound or two). I guess my body just really likes this weight LOL. Maybe I ought to just accept that this is my happy weight :).

Thing is, if I'm maintaining on the weight loss points total, I'm kind of scared to go up to the maintenance level.

Again, I still think the changes in the program are good and I'm a fan--I just wish I knew why I seem to be the only one who isn't dropping pounds left and right since the new changes rolled out.

I have several clients who LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new system and are starting to see the numbers on their scale go South! They have renewed focus and enthusiasm as food choices make sense to them now...those elements can't be underestimated! Yahoo for zero point fruits!

I'm seriously considering joining.....my sister has done really, really well on WW over the past 2 or 3 years - she's a meetings person. Back in the day my dear old grandmother did spectacularly well on WW.

I think I'd be an online person just due to the general insanity of my schedule.

I read the statement by the CO explaining the new system and it just sounds so sensible and intelligent.

I need some kind of support - perimenopause is upon me and the little cheats and extras I do are not going to go away on their own.

They seem to be running a special right now (no surprise this time of year). Registration fee is waived if you purchase a 3 month plan.

I stopped by Weight Watchers the other day and the woman manning the desk informed me that the registratin fee is waived if you have a plan certain health insurance providers. She produced a long list and mine was on it. I don't have any intention of attending meetings, but since I had to pay just $12 for my first meeting I went ahead and signed up so I could get my daily points allowance. I also went ahead and paid $5 for the points calculator. This plan seems so sensible and an easy way to count calories without a lot of work. Now I just need to get started......

Is there a Weight Watchers check in group in the Cathe forum?

Maybe we could swap snack/meal ideas and keep ourselves motivated.

I don't have any intention of attending meetings, but since I had to pay just $12 for my first meeting I went ahead and signed up so I could get my daily points allowance. I also went ahead and paid $5 for the points calculator.

This is a great idea!! I forgot you could pay by meeting. I'm not a meetings person either so maybe I will check this out.

For those of you participating in the Weight Watchers program - and actually even for those NOT doing WW - I thought you might find this website helpful: http://www.skinnytaste.com/.

The author (Gina) posts weight watches points under both the old and new systems for each recipe, as well as general nutrition information (calories, fat, etc.). I can't promise that all of the dishes are completely clean, but i've found some fantastic recipes on the website (the spinach tortellini en brodo was amazingly delicious). I'm still struggling daily with getting control of my eating habits, and utilizing many of Gina's recipes has helped me: (1) lighten up my food and (2) make better choices. For example, i'm a sucker for taco dip and Gina recently posted a "skinny" version which is wonderful! Now on special occasions (e.g. New Years) I can still enjoy one of my favorite treats - in moderation of course - without feeling like i've completely fallen off the "healthy wagon."

Enjoy! Katie

This is a timely thread! I'm pretty certain I am going to join after the weekend. I like the way I eat now, but I need some boundaries on my portions, and it sounds like WW is finally moving toward encouraging better and healthier eating with the zero pt. fruit addition and I heard foods heavy on carbs and low in fiber get hit with an increased pt. value.

I seem to do well with structured plans from January through May, I guess it's because I just have less planned activities then June through December.

I think a WW check in on these boards would be great, over the years I have posted on WW on and off, but the vibe there is a little weird.

Oh please please start a ww support forum here. I've rejoined and quit again already but really feel that it would benefit me to keep trying!!

OK, I'll zip down to Check-ins and start one now. How about one thread per week just to keep it tidy?

That's perfect. Thanks so much!

I'll be finishing my first week on Sunday and I've not craved anything (surprisingly) and stayed on points which surprises me since I've been stuck indoors every day and that's when I normally binge. I'm enjoying the new plan.

This is a timely thread! I'm pretty certain I am going to join after the weekend. I like the way I eat now, but I need some boundaries on my portions, and it sounds like WW is finally moving toward encouraging better and healthier eating with the zero pt. fruit addition and I heard foods heavy on carbs and low in fiber get hit with an increased pt. value.

Actually WW has been encouraging healthier eating and better food choices for a long time. It's true you can "eat what you want", but they've always tried to encourage people to eat lean protein, whole grains, healthy fats and plenty of fruits and veggies. But it does sound like the new plan will discourage bad carbs even more and encourage more protein. And choosing fruits as snacks.

Last edited:
Bumping this just to invite anyone who's interested to join us in the Check In. All are welcome.

And...I wanted to ask a techno-question. Does anyone use WW on their smartphone?

I'm shopping for one, and looking at Droid type phones (I have Verizon - won't be coughing up the $$$$$ for an iPhone when they come out).

Anyone use WW on their Droid? How does that work for you? I'm mostly interested in entering my points while I'm out and about rather than trying to do it at Oh.Dark.Thirty or waiting until the evening.

TIA!

Bumping this just to invite anyone who's interested to join us in the Check In. All are welcome.

And...I wanted to ask a techno-question. Does anyone use WW on their smartphone?

I'm shopping for one, and looking at Droid type phones (I have Verizon - won't be coughing up the $$$$$ for an iPhone when they come out).

Anyone use WW on their Droid? How does that work for you? I'm mostly interested in entering my points while I'm out and about rather than trying to do it at Oh.Dark.Thirty or waiting until the evening.

TIA!

In case you don't find and app for your phone this is another option:

I actually signed up for WW even though I won't be attending meetings. While there I also purchased their handy dandy calculator which I find to be very cool and useful. It keeps track of your daily points as you enter your food. Registration was free, first meeting was $12 and the calculator was $5.

TIA!

I have a Droid and I found an app that is GREAT! It's called PointsPlus Calculator (by Weight Watchers International). It is a free app. It has a nice, efficient points calculator and activity calculator. It also has a feature that takes you directly to the WW mobile site. You can log on using your eTools(if you pay for eTools) login and password. Very handy! :)

HTH!

I have a Droid and I found an app that is GREAT! It's called PointsPlus Calculator (by Weight Watchers International). It is a free app. It has a nice, efficient points calculator and activity calculator. It also has a feature that takes you directly to the WW mobile site. You can log on using your eTools(if you pay for eTools) login and password. Very handy! :)

HTH!

Oooh, thanks Elaine and Lisa! That does help. I was hoping to be able to actually log on to WW with the phone and just update as I go rather than trying to keep track and then have to do all the updating at the end of the day.

The points calculator would be very helpful in playing around with ideas. Like today I'm considering if I can "afford" a tuna melt for dinner, LOL!

Still on the fence about the smartphone. I think it would make my very complicated life a little easier and reduce the reliance on little slips of paper and my great big datebook. But, it is a lot of $$ for the phone itself and the data plan. DH is willing, and sweet and wonderful he is, but....I'm still trying to think of how I can offset the cost.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.