?@ new STS Toal Body

Autumn68

Cathlete
Cathe:
Is the new STS Total Body dvd (1) single workout? How many options will it have. You mentioned in the review that it has some of meso 1 and some of meso 2, so that makes me think that it is different workouts. Or is it just a mix of the types of exercise in the one workout. Hope you understand what I'm trying to ask.
Thanks,
Autumn

STS Total Body

You can think of STS Total Body as having two choices, but it is really one workout with some add-ons:

1. Compound and Isolation exercises (main program)
2. Compound exercises only (premix)

The "Compound and Isolation exercises" will be the main workout while the "Compound exercises only" routine will be a premix. The "Compound exercises only routine has most of the same exercises as the "Compound and Isolation exercises" workout, except we've eliminated the isolation exercises and made a few minor changes to the upper body routine. This routine is also alittle shorter.The lower body routines are exactly the same for both workouts. There will be other premixes too.

An upper/lower split is probably not possible with compound moves because you may find yourself doing something like dumbbell bicep curls while doing a plie squat. How do you separate that, after filming, into a lower/upper split?

Clare

Compound and Combo moves

That's actually a combo move. STS Total Body does not use combo moves, but does predominantly use compound exercises. So, yes there will be an upper body and Lower Body premix as well as a compound only premix.

That's actually a combo move. STS Total Body does not use combo moves, but does predominantly use compound exercises. So, yes there will be an upper body and Lower Body premix as well as a compound only premix.

Yeah! ;)

These workouts are sounding better and better!

Denise

Now I'm little confused....can you tell us what's the difference between a combo move and a compound move? For example, a compound exercise used in older Cathe workouts that immediately comes to mind is a hammer curl with a lunge (C&W)....which sounds a lot like the combo move above (plie with bicep curl)...?

Compound and Combo moves

A hammer curl with a lunge (C&W) is really a combo move. Done separately the hammer curl is an isolation exercise and the lunge is a compound exercise.

A hammer curl with a lunge (C&W) is really a combo move. Done separately the hammer curl is an isolation exercise and the lunge is a compound exercise.
Just a thought: You might want to edit your descriptions of some older workouts that use the term "compound" for combo moves (like Circuit Max, I believe). I think that might add to the confusion.

We don't have anything about compound or combo moves in our description of Circuit Max on our website

Last edited by a moderator:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.