New Fitness by Cathe Product: Step Shox

Review

I apologize for the delay in posting my product opinion. Life has been really busy lately…

Just to give you a little history…I have good days and bad days with my knees. If I have to squat down to pick something up off the floor, my knees always pop. I always have to be careful about how much moderate to high impact I do in a week. Too much impact and I start to slight “twinges” in my right knee. I have a family history of weak knee joints, so I am always looking for ways to reduce impact or pressure. I am positive that if I didn't have an active lifestyle, they would be much worse. Weight training has really helped strengthen the muscles surrounding my knees. :)

I tried the Step Shox with the 4DS Low & High Intensity Step premix. I wanted to see how they felt with both low impact and higher impact stepping. I was very excited to try them out!

Overall, I was pleased with the product. The pads do provide some additional cushioning, yet they do not significantly increase the step height. I barely noticed they were in-between the step and risers. With the higher impact moves, I felt more of an absorption with the jumping.

For a product such as this, it is very difficult to estimate just how much joint protection it provides. Perhaps if I alternate between using them and not using them, I will notice more of a difference with my knees and ankles…I don’t know…it is hard to say after just one try. It could very well be a subtle change that I will never fully detect. However, I consider the cost of this item very reasonable. It is a small price to pay for a joint-preserving investment! :)

Thanks for that review! I have them ordered on Walmart.com but they are back-ordered with no firm delivery date. Sigh.....
Beth

Well worth the $10. Got mine Friday & have used them twice. Definitely noticed a difference. Not just with the noise, but with the impact--it felt much, much better on my feet. Two thumbs up. Get 'em while the gettin's good.

I saw them at Dunham's this morning for $9.99 a pair, sometimes Dunham's has 25% off coupons so I'll wait until I get a coupon before I buy them.

...Chery

FabAbs said:
Hi!

I saw them at the Dunhams on North Maple Rd and Jackson Rd in Ann Arbor, MI. I'm going to Canton tomorrow and see if they have them there.

...Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl!!

I decided to wait for the reviews first but now these are nowhere to be found meaning the large size. Funny thing is that they are not even listed on the Altus site.

I wonder when these will be offered again, because there are alot of us that want to get this product particularly since it so reasonable.

******SNM do you all have any insight on this product like do you know when Altus would be bringing more into stock?**********

I decided to wait for the reviews first but now these are nowhere to be found meaning the large size. Funny thing is that they are not even listed on the Altus site.

I wonder when these will be offered again, because there are alot of us that want to get this product particularly since it so reasonable.

******SNM do you all have any insight on this product like do you know when Altus would be bringing more into stock?**********

Hi,

Ever since reading about these, I have been determined to get a pair. I have checked every store that is listed on the Altus site and the only one that seems to have them is Dunham's, but, unfortunately, they won't ship them. I am also in contact with Altus and they are trying to get one of the stores do a special order for me. One store already offered, but they would only do a bulk order shipped to a single address. I'll keep you posted if I have any success.

Also, Altus said that walmart will re-order but it may take a month. Same for Amazon. I'm just impatient I guess:eek:

Hi,

Ever since reading about these, I have been determined to get a pair. I have checked every store that is listed on the Altus site and the only one that seems to have them is Dunham's, but, unfortunately, they won't ship them. I am also in contact with Altus and they are trying to get one of the stores do a special order for me. One store already offered, but they would only do a bulk order shipped to a single address. I'll keep you posted if I have any success.

Also, Altus said that walmart will re-order but it may take a month. Same for Amazon. I'm just impatient I guess:eek:

Thanks Stepitup, I call Altus this morning and they are in contact with amazon and Walmart something about they messed up the inventory portion of the site. The lady told me to give it till Monday and if the sites didn't change then call Altus back :)

ebonynicole said:
Thanks Stepitup, I call Altus this morning and they are in contact with amazon and Walmart something about they messed up the inventory portion of the site. The lady told me to give it till Monday and if the sites didn't change then call Altus back :)

Even better!! I'll definitely be checking. Thanks for the update!

Thanks for letting us know, had been waiting for them to show up on either website. Put my order in yesterday, hopefully these will help with the high impact workouts :)

Thanks so much for letting us know. I ordered 2 pair - I hope they make a difference - sounds like they will, from the feedback received here.:)

just ordered, too...so, whoever has these, what have you noticed most? i am hoping it will help impact w/ HIIT, Intensity, etc.

I got these last week and have used them for a bunch of step workouts including Imax2 & Body Max 2 .

What I've noticed the most is the board feels more springy. They do slide a little bit when you are moving the step but I haven't noticed them slide when I go to step.

I may try and add a little bit of double sided tape so they stay in place better.

They do add height in the slightest way which I noticed the most when I was using both on the high step for step ups.

I am still surprised that this product is not on Cathe's website. Thanks to the original poster for clueing us all into this!

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.