NEW DVDS RATE THEM!

FitNurseRN

Cathlete
just curious about which one I think i should get next. So between bodymax2
LIC
B&G
drill max
rate them on a scale of 1-10. I am just curious how everyone feels about them.

BodyMax2 definite 10 The premixes rock too, especially Scrambled Eggs! The bonus cardio is tons of fun too!

Drill Max 9 It's a super fun workout!

Butts & Guts 9 This one gave my butt DOMS for four days the first time I did it. Now the DOMS are just the day after. The bonus abs are super fun and hard with the stability ball.

Low Impact Circuit 9 This workout is a sweat fest and the choreography is interesting and fun. I especially like the bonus cardio to "Girls Just Want to have Fun".

For the most variety I'd get BodyMax 2 if I were you...of course it's best to get them all. I'm really enjoying this new series.

Ditto everything Alhambra said. I like the music the best on Body Max 2. LIC is my least favorite. I don't care for the cardio or music except for the bonus cardio but I do like the strength work. I love the stability ball abs in B&G and I really like the upper body work on the ball in Body Max 2.

If you have to get only 1 right now, my vote is for Body Max 2. You get the whole package.

Marcy

oh my.... i love LIC! and DM is great, too.... i didn't like BMax2 all that much til i discovered scrambled eggs... i LOVE scrambled eggs!!!!!

B&G.... meh.... i can take it or leave it....

so:

LIC = 10
DM = 10
BMax2 itself = 7 (cuz i don't like the weight work on this workout)
BMax2 "scrambled eggs premix" = 10
B&G = 7 or 8

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I would definitely get Body Max2 if you can ONLY buy one.... I actually recommend all of them but Body Max2 is my favorite. I can't get enough of that one... loce the music the routine is super fun!

I haven't done LIC yet because I just got, I watched and lookd great!!! I will do this one tomorrow morning...

Drill Max is very intense but great and Butts & Gutts is so much needed for the lower body....

But in sum If have to pick ONLY one, it would be body max2!!

Good luck :)

Carla

BM2 = Don't own as yet.I may get in the future
LIC = 9
DM = 10 VERY intense,LOVE it.I was so scared to order this one,I
am so glad I did
B&G = 10 TOUGH workout,can't wait to do again

Personally I choose B&G, because that's my weakest area.

Suzette

LIC=10!!! I absolutely love this workout. It is so much fun and the time flies for this one more than any other!

BM2=9.5!! This one is tough but fun at the same time and when your done, you will really feel like you've accomplished something. The music is alot of fun. There is alot you can do with this DVD too.

Drillmax=9.5 I like this one alot too, I just hate that I can't get through all of the pushups. I am a pushup weenie. I have trouble getting through all of them on my knees!!!;( I like the variety in this workout and it is different from all of Cathe's other workouts.

Butts & Guts=9.0 I like this one,I can get through the standing work, the floorwork is a real pain in the butt (I think it's intended to be!;-) ) but I am anxious to see if myself and others will begin to notice a difference in our lower bodies after doing this one for awhile. Your legs/glutes will burn. I really like the ab work too.

Good luck on making your choice. I wouldn't have been able to pick just one! They're all awesome.

Ashley

I vote 10s for all of them! And for Cardio Fusion as well.

Although if you can't buy them all, interestingly, LIC is the one I pull out least just because it's not quite as intense. Of the 5, Cardio Fusion is actually the one I use most. It gives you 70 minutes of cardio without repeating anything, since it pulls the cardio segments from all of the other 4. Very fun.

Cheryl

I guess it all really depends on what you want. I personally have found a premix on Cardio Fusion (not on your list) that just ROCKS! It's Mix and Max. It combines all the cardio from the others in such a way to deliver what has been a fantastic cardio, fat-burning recipe for me.

I find it hard to rate these workouts, because I like each for different reasons. If I want to work lower body, I'm reach for Butts and Guts. If I want a good circuit, I reach for LIC. Fun cardio: BM2 or Cardio Fusion. I haven't been able to do Drill Max, yet, just bits and pieces of it.

With that said, I suppose if I had to rate them, I'd say:

1. Cardio Fusion
2. Body Max 2
3. Butts and Guts
4. Low Impact Circuit
5. Drill Max

But don't let that diminish the the benefits of any, because I actually think that Drill Max is likely the most impactful (for health) of all. The above rating is only how I view them for MYSELF and my goals and my current fitness level.

My opinion:
LIC: This workout I tried once and for some reason I just could not get into. I did only half of it and put it away. I did not enjoy the music or the workout itself as much as the other workouts. It just did not seem as intense as the rest of them. It is still a good workout so I would give it maybe a 8.5. I will probably keep it around because sometimes I do not like workouts the first time I do them but then they grow on me.

B&G:
I really enjoy this workout. It is my favirote of all the Cathe lower body DVDs. I used to dread leg days untill I started doing B&G. The time goes by really fast. I also like that there is an ab section on the end. I give it a 10.

DM:
I like that although this is a circuit workout your heartrate stays up the whole time. There is one section with the ball that I do not care for but other than that it is a great workout. I would give it a 9.5.

BM 2:
This is my favirote out of the bunch. When I first go this workout I had to pervent myself from doing it too often. It is just a really fun workout all around. If I had to pick one I would pick BM 2. I give it a 10.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.