Need New High Impact Aerobic Shoes!

Gravity Defyer - best support shoe I ever had!

I am a Gravity Defyer fan, the Flexnet modle. Not only are they sylish, but they are the most comfortable shoe I've worn for working out. They have excellent support. Check them out at Gravity Defyer Shoes. Whether you're running, walking, standing, etc., you will feel the support. They are slightly heavier than your average running/athletic shoe, but that's because of the excellent support. I have not come across a shoe that claims to be light-weight and have excellent support. As far as I know, you have to choose one or the other, excellent support or light-weight.

They fit true to size. I'm a 7 and my daugher is a 9. She uses her for track practice because she has tender knees. They've helped her tremendously.

Well, I never got a response from K-Swiss, so I'm moving on and I will check out the Brooks and Gravity Defyers that were mentioned by Trixoo and Tahitia. Thanks to you both.

Eva

FYI (for those inquiring about K-Swiss),

I did JM's Shed & Shred yesterday and noticed one of the background exercisers had the EXACT same shoes as me!! Same style and color!!! This workout has plyo, and so I'm assuming the shoes were suitable for the high impact moves or else why would JM be endorsing them in her workout vids? Just some food for thought...

Happy shoe shopping everyone!

Natasha

K-SWISS

Thanks mini-natty for the suggestion of K-Swiss. I looked into them and read hundreds of reviews all over the internet about them and decided to get them. I am only one week in with them, but they are GREAT. I had gotten some new wkout shoes in July and a week after I started using them I was having issues from the bottoms of my feet to my knees. I thought it was overuse issues, so I backed off high impact cardio which helped a little. But off and on having problems, when I realized it was the new shoes.

pattyquist said:
Thanks mini-natty for the suggestion of K-Swiss. I looked into them and read hundreds of reviews all over the internet about them and decided to get them. I am only one week in with them, but they are GREAT. I had gotten some new wkout shoes in July and a week after I started using them I was having issues from the bottoms of my feet to my knees. I thought it was overuse issues, so I backed off high impact cardio which helped a little. But off and on having problems, when I realized it was the new shoes.

Is the cushion good? Can u come back in a while and let us know how they Are holding up on cushion factor, ? Thanks

Alright, I just ordered the gravity defyer shoes - I am doing a 60 minute HIIT class 3x a week and my knee has been acting up. I hope that these shoes help! I am really looking forward to new shoes, I'll let you know how they work out.

Michelle, I thought they were USA made but now I don't know that for certain. I know the company is based in California. If you find out please let me know. There shipping is expensive but they always run specials where you can get free shipping or their promotional code is like getting free shipping.

I am trying to find a nearby store that ssales gravity defyers and. Tube runs. They both look cushy! I want yo try them on to see what one works best!

I'll definitely let you know what I think of the gravity defyers after I get them. I wish I had had a promo code to help with the shipping - it was $15 (I live in Hawaii). I have flat feet and I broke my foot and ripped 5 ligaments in the same foot so I tend to spoil my feet. Thanks for putting me onto them, I'm excited to get them and try them out.

I just got an email from gravity defyer giving a code for free shipping on your first order

WELCOMFORT

and here is the link for finding a store that carries gravity defyers:

Store Locator

Oh wow.. yess u do have issues with feet. I do to I had surgery on both they took out bone on outsiide of My foot to remove aa bunion and took my big toes and broke them to reset them I haad hammer toes. Now I have pf flare ups. It will be intresting to hear how that do. How. Ur feet will hold up in them. I may try kswiss ones to the tuubes do loook springy. So before I do I want to hear whay GD are gonna be like. Thanks so much!

They only have two stores in the entire state of PA that sell GDs and they are no where near me, the closest being Philly, over 2 hrs from me. Although I'm closer to the Maryland line, same as for # of stores and distance. I'll just have to stick with ordering them online. Good thing they have really good sales and email offers.

Yea, they don't have any stores on any of the Hawaiian islands that carry the GD unfortunately, so I too will have to stick with ordering. Hopefully the shoes will arrive sooooon! I can't wait to try them out. I have my next HIIT class on Sat. so I am hoping that they will arrive before then.

I myself have been wearing New Balance for over 10 years and love them. But then I have narrow feet and they are the only trainer that fits comfortably for me. Every foot is different...lol.

macbeanur said:
Yea, they don't have any stores on any of the Hawaiian islands that carry the GD unfortunately, so I too will have to stick with ordering. Hopefully the shoes will arrive sooooon! I can't wait to try them out. I have my next HIIT class on Sat. so I am hoping that they will arrive before then.

Have you gotten the shoes yet? I can't wait to hear how they do. I wonder are they crosstrainers or classifed running?

nccjones said:
I myself have been wearing New Balance for over 10 years and love them. But then I have narrow feet and they are the only trainer that fits comfortably for me. Every foot is different...lol.

Ur right every one is different! I tried New Balance and they felt hard after only a few weeks. I know a lot of people don't know what I mean. Lol

I got my gravity defers yesterday and wore them this morning for Cross Fire. They are cushy! And I have med - wide feet and they fit great (I got the ballistic gravity defyers). I think most of the other gravity defyer atheltic shoes say medium width. I have to say I really like these shoes - though they are a bit "clunky". I am already looking at buying gravity defyer shoes - they are that comfortable. But I don't think that they are for everyone. But for me with my flat feet, previously broken bone in my foot and ripped ligaments, med - wide feet, they are great.

These are the ones I got because they said they had lateral support:

Women's Ballistic Shoes Ballistic (White/Purple) Women's Shoe by GravityDefyer.com

Hundreds of thousands sold - and counting!
The best selling Gravity Defyer Ballistic is designed to provide you superior comfort and support. It's Versoshockª Reverse Trampoline Technology sole has been redesigned to increase the energy return of every step by 18%. If you're looking for the best shock absorbing system on the market today, don't look at your sports car's undercarriage. Look at your feet! Numerous innovations make the Ballistic the winner in every competition. Its external heel cage (made of specially formulated polyurethane) adds lateral support, while the upper has been made of special breathable synthetic fabric. The toe box is wide, allowing your toes to stretch out.

Yup, everyone's feet are different. New Balance don't work for me, I have pretty much been an asics girl for the last 10+ years. Love asics, but wanted to try these gravity defyers.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.