Need Healing Thoughts Please

Jaffas

Cathlete
I just had to race my beloved cat Squirt to the vet. We found her under the couch in a pool of vomit. They are doing what the can but it's very touch and go. She might not make it. I'm totally freaking out. I love this cat so much.

Oh goodness! :( Sending healing vibes, thoughts, and prayers for Squirt!! And you too.

I love my kitty so much too and I would be a wreck!

Thanks everyone. We have no idea what it is. It could be some kind of toxin or an insect bite. The vet's main concerns were her low body temp. 90º and the fact that her pupils aren't responding to light. They are trying to warm her up. We will be going back to the hospital in about an hour to check on her. I didn't notice till mid morning because she's a very light eater and never comes when we feed the other cats. She is one of those once in a lifetime cats and she is almost always at my side during the day. We rescued her ten years ago from the euthanasia list at the local pound.

Oh no! We are praying for you and your furry baby!

I just had to race my beloved cat Squirt to the vet. We found her under the couch in a pool of vomit. They are doing what the can but it's very touch and go. She might not make it. I'm totally freaking out. I love this cat so much.

Thanks everyone. We have no idea what it is. It could be some kind of toxin or an insect bite. The vet's main concerns were her low body temp. 90º and the fact that her pupils aren't responding to light. They are trying to warm her up. We will be going back to the hospital in about an hour to check on her. I didn't notice till mid morning because she's a very light eater and never comes when we feed the other cats. She is one of those once in a lifetime cats and she is almost always at my side during the day. We rescued her ten years ago from the euthanasia list at the local pound.

Gabrielle

Could it be a scorpion? When I lived in AZ our cats were great scorp killers, but sometimes they would get stung or even eat one :eek: and had similar symptoms, especially the dilated pupils. {{{Sending your squirt positive healing thoughts.}}} I hope she pulls through.

Gabrielle

Could it be a scorpion? When I lived in AZ our cats were great scorp killers, but sometimes they would get stung or even eat one :eek: and had similar symptoms, especially the dilated pupils. {{{Sending your squirt positive healing thoughts.}}} I hope she pulls through.

I'm thinking that might be it. We have found one in the house a few days ago. The vet said cat's are usually immune but usually doesn't mean always. She's such a picky eater I can't imagine that she ingested something.

I'm thinking that might be it. We have found one in the house a few days ago. The vet said cat's are usually immune but usually doesn't mean always. She's such a picky eater I can't imagine that she ingested something.

yeah - blech - on eating one...but she might if it was tiny, and you know how it is -the tiny scorps have more concentrated therefore more potent venom. also there are literally a hundred different varieties of scorpions. I have always wondered about that myth that cats are immune, I think they are fast and furry which is the ultimate protection combination.

again - my love to squirt.

(p.s. coveting the solar oven...gotta get one!)
(p.s.s. god I miss the desert. :)

Squirt's doing a little better. The vet thinks she may have had a seizure. She's not out of the woods yet but she's looking much better. I think we got her there in the nick of time.

Gabrielle - I am so sorry that this happened to your Squirt. What a horrifying experience. Here's hoping you are getting good news tonight and that she will soon be back home and at your side. I am sending about 3 tons of prayers, healing vibes and hugs, and lots of purrs from my kitties here.

Gabrielle,

So glad she is looking better. Please keep us posted.

(((GREAT BIG GOOD VIBES)))

And (hug to you).

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.