My two questions

I am hoping for the premixes. Not all of us got the STS weight series. Plus I love Cathe's premixes. Just adds a certain element to workouts!

I would love to see premixes, particularly because we're going to be using these same workouts (presumably) for at least 3 months. If we're doing them along with STS Weights, then the premixes will allow us to do as we do in STS: never (or rarely) do the same workout twice. Personally I have a low boredom threshold with cardio workouts. I rarely do the same cardio workout more than once a month.

So, Premix Me, please!!

I've always felt that the element that took the BodyBlast series from Excellent to Extraordinary were all...those...fabulous...premixes! I would also love to see premixes between not only the step workouts, for example, but across cardio styles, if that's possible: mix a bit of the hiits in with the steady state step, or throw some kickboxing in between some of the step combos. However, perhaps you're really close to getting the Workout Blender ready to go, and this is something I'll be able to do for myself by time the new series is ready?

Cheers,
Sandra

I second EVERYTHING said in this post! I would adore mixes or blender options that "cross lines". There are so many of us withot dual DVD players and/or cant figure out how to program them!

I am another who loves premixes and uses them all the time to keep the variety in the workouts. I agree with the more variety the better for cardio options, especially to compliment STS. By using the current premixes and regular cardio workouts, I managed to design a program to make sure I never do the exact same cardio workout twice throughout the 3 months of STS, and would absolutely love the ability to do the same with the new cardio workouts someday.

Thanks,
Mary

Want to know what I think? Of course you don’t! But I’ll tell you anyway!

As for packaging, I think the packaging question sort of ties into the premix question (for me).

I don’t know much about the workout DVD business, but I’m guessing that there are pros and cons to putting workouts on their own discs, and to combining workouts on one disc.

First, let me say that I loved how the Intensity Series, the Body Blast series, and 4-Day Split had two workouts per DVD because we now have these really cool premixes combining the two workouts that appeared together on one DVD. BUT – I also know that when two workouts go on one disc it can lead to problems because dual-layered discs cause headaches in some players. Also, from a sales standpoint, it might not makes sense to put more than one workout on a DVD because if you, say, put Step Moves and Athletic Step on the same disc, someone who wanted to purchase the former, might not be interested in the latter or vice versa.

Now, onto premixes. I think cardio lends itself to premixes a bit more than weight workouts. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Push/Pull premixes and the Butts & Guts premixes, but aside from ‘all upper,’ ‘all lower,’ or ‘timesaver,’ there aren’t too many options for weight workout premixes. Cardio premixes, however, offer up a world of opportunity when it comes to premix options.

So, that leads to the question of how time consuming/expensive is it (for SNM) to put footage from one workout's DVD onto another workout’s DVD? For example, let's say each of Shock Cardio’s workouts are on their own DVD. What if parts of the heavy bag workout could be incorporated into premixes on the MMA Fusion DVD or the MMA boxing DVD? I, for one, would love to see an ‘all floor drills’ HIIT premix, or an ‘all step’ HIIT premix.

I’d love to have premixes combining Skills N Drills and Gym Jam, or premixes mixing Step Moves with Athletic Step. And what if there could be a premix that starts with the floor cardio from HIIT and/or the Shock Cardio Circuit workouts and ends with some of the step from Step Moves and/or Athletic Step - it could be like MIC 2!! But I don't know how realistic that is.

I will say that I use Cathe premixes more often than I do the as-produced versions.

Either way, I'm super duper excited about this series and will always be 100% happy I preordered.

I would definitely prefer that the DVD's include pre-mixes. For some workouts I use the premixes much more often than the original workout. Personally, I would not mind waiting longer for the DVDs to be produced with pre-mixes.

I'd gladly wait longer for premixes. I tend to use them more often than the original workouts due to time constraints, plus I LOVE the way you can radically change a workout by changing the order, mixing more than one workout, etc...

I really don't care how many workout per DVD. I say do what makes sense from a financial standpoint. ;)

But seriously, I really think premixes add a great deal of value to your workouts!

Hi,

I love this and I did pre-order first thing this morning!:eek::D I'm really excited about this its an awesome complement to STS. I think Cathe is really the gold standard for home fitness quality workout DVDs, and I have enjoyed all the DVD's I have of hers that do have Premixes. I think the premixes are a great way to truly get more mileage out of your workout DVD's and helps to keep the workout new and different. I know that for myself everytime I try a new Premix of Cathe's like discovering another new workout, and I love that. This option really helps to keep me going and take out the excuse of getting tired of a certain workout. I like to make things as excuse proof as possible for me so I have to just go for it!

I know STS didn't have any Premixes and that's fine because of the sheer volume of workouts its not needed. I understand that it would be too difficult to have done premixes from a technical standpoint. No worries, I love STS strength training just the way it is, because it is fabulous!!!! But with less workouts on this one it would be really great to have the premixes. I'm so thrilled Cathe is doing this and can't wait to see the final product. I've learned not to get anxious about the date because it really is irrelevant with Cathe's DVD's. The final finished product is always first rate and worth the wait. It will be so awesome to have this Cardio mix of different workouts definitely will make me sweat and burns 100's if not thousands of calories because I plan to do them alot!:p I'm so excited about Cathe doing more Kickbox style stuff, because I love it!!!

Keep up the amazing work please consider adding premixes. It doesn't have to be a ton of them maybe three per listed workout. If there are three DVD workouts on one disc maybe have a premix for each of those or two per workout or something. Just a suggestion, I don't know all the technical aspects or difficulties in doing the premixes that you guys are aware of so I leave my suggestions in your knowledgable and capable expert hands.

Happy dances about STS Shock Cardio happening!!!!:D

Hugs!:)
Nora

I LOVE the premixes. It prevents boredom and it's another way to keep my body guessing. I also really enjoy the chaptering in the premixes that was done with the LIC, BM2, etc. workouts. I love the opportunity to see what's upcoming and then change equipment if necessary, etc.

I must say, I CAN'T WAIT for this new cardio!!! Cathe/SNM you are defininately the best!!

I preordered the Cardio STS already and I know I will be happy with it, but my preference would be to have premixes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.