My 12 Week Transformation with Body For Life

Hi - congratulations - you like great! You did this in 12 weeks? I see by your link that you did some marathons, cathe road trip (I'm jealous!!) So, my question is do you think alot of your transformation came from the 12 weeks.

Also, if you dont mind me asking - what is your weight now or how much did you use? Think my body is much like yours - and want to look like the "post" pictures! ha ha. I'm 5'2 and 129 lbs (even after the holidays - yeah!)

Thanks for any extra guidance. Again, you look fantastic!!!

Thanks guys! YOU ALL ROCK! It's support like THIS that kept me going!!!

jansattic1-YES! I did that in 12 weeks. 12 dedicated, focussed, CONSISTANT weeks! LOL I'm 5'5" and holding steady in the low 130s. I just stared Challenge #2 this Monday, so I'm expecting my weight to go down a bit still. When you ask "how much did you use"...what do you mean? How much weight did I lift on workouts????

I ran the Disney marathon (it was my only full marathon, so far), plus several half marathons and a bunch of smaller races. WHen you ask if the transformation came from the 12 weeks, my answer would be YES! I think the BIGGEST (and always the hardest for me) part of the entire transformation was getting and keeping my eating consistant. I could workout till the cows come home, but if I didn't eat right, I was eating 10X more calories than I was burning off. I REALLY, honestly think that by dedicating my time and energy to eating clean and exercising CONSISTANTLY, I figured out the "secret". lol

Gayle

Gayle,

Absolutely awesome:D You go girl:7

Great job and helps the rest of us kick it up a notch. Thanks for posting the before and after. Be very proud of what you have accomplished.

Therese

WOW!!! This is amazing!!! You looked good before, but the results after are spectaclular!!! Congratulations!

Well, I went out and bought the book the very same day I saw this post and I read the book feverishly in 2 evenings. I am on the website and I am totally psyching myself up to do this. I am not far out of shape, but nothing I have tried so far has gotten me the results that I have been looking for - the results that you have achieved. So thank you for posting your before and afterward pictures. They have really motivated me to get control and go for it!

I am also happy to see from one of your posts that there is another phase - I was worried what happens after week 12. Keep us posted!

kryptychyck-thanks. And Congrats on taking the plunge. It's so simple, really. It's just what we've been hearing from Cathe all the time....clean eating, consistant tough workouts, a rest day, and some 'moderation' when it comes to UNclean food. The beautiful thing is that this can be done by ANYBODY, ANYWHERE (no gym or trainer needed). There's a BFL check-in if you'd like to join us. Keep us posted on your progress!

Gayle

You look absolutely fabulous Gayle!!! Thankyou so much for sharing. You are an inspiration, that is for sure. Not only your body, but your face radiates health and happiness now. You look so much younger after the challenge - it is amazing!!! I am going to email you for the recipes now. Thanks again for sharing :)

I just read your story and wow, you really went through a transformation! Great job! Good for you for sticking to it.

Hope your journey continues to bring you happiness and fit for life!

Gayle:

You look fantastic, and your story was truly an inspiration. Your eating plan looks really sensible and like something that I could stick to and would work for me. I'll be sending you an email asking you for recipes. Hope they work for me as well as they did for you! Keep up the good work.

Lynda

Gayle - You are a true inspiration! Thank you for taking the time to show us the results of your hard work and discipline - it is truly amazing what you've accomplished in just 12 weeks. I agree with you -- the look on your face says it all!

Because of you, I am recommitting to clean eating and have checked out BFL from our library. Little does he know, but my husband is going to be eating much healthier in the near future :) !

BTW - the "snugger fitting pants" on your free day is an awesome suggestion.

Can't wait to hear how the next 12 wks go for you -

Christina

Thanks the bump, Gayle! WOWIE! Your success story is incredible, and you look fantastic!! You totally rock!!

I appreciate the meal ideas. Deccreasing my carb intake is going to be the roughest part of this program for me, I can just *feel* it! lol BUT I know that my body and mind will adapt pretty quickly. I'm like you- I thrive on routines! Now I just need to create that routine for myself a go for it!!

I'll probably have to do several of 12 week cycles...I've got at least 75 pounds to lose. :+ So, I'm glad you're doing more cycles, too! I need the company! ;-)

Thanks again!

WOW--this is inspirational!!! I'm going to be 40 this summer and the one thing I've noticed is that I can't eat whatever I want anymore. It's starting to permanently stay no matter how hard I workout. So, I am going to use the BFL plan. It's going to be challenging because I am a carbs addict!!! And I've only been able to squeeze in 4-5 workouts per week with my crazy schedule. And this story is so encouraging and sounds like I can still use the Cathe DVDs to get it done. I'm inspired. Thanks for sharing!!!

YOU CAN do this using Cathe workouts. We have a daily BFL check in at the check in forums if you'd like to join us! The workouts are short and sweet, but EFFECTIVE and as long as you're consistant, YOU WILL DO IT! Good luck!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.