Movies that make you laugh so hard you cry

Arsenic and Old Lace
Bringing Up Baby -- another Cary Grant movie, Katharine Hepburn too!
Philadelphia Story (Grant/Hepburn again)
It Happened One Night
Rat Race
Father of the Bride (Spencer Tracy/Elizabeth Taylor version)
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Airplane
You Can't Take it With You

Dumb and Dumber
Down Periscope
My Fellow Americans (Jack Lemmon/James Garner)- HYSTERICAL!!!
Finding Nemo
Wallace and Grommit

As well as a lot of others already listed..

As Good As It Gets
3 Men and A Baby
Along Came Polly
Big Daddy
Grumpy Old Men

And I have to say again...

A Fish Called Wanda
The Wedding Singer

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Dumb and Dumber
OMG the first time I saw it I was crying from the very first scene. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.
I also loved Napoleon Dynamite.
LD

Bruce Almighty.

When Bruce is just discovering his "powers" and is in the restaurant, the lady brings his soup to his table without bringing a spoon. Bruce calls after the waitress, "Excuse me, miss, I need a spooooo..." and a spoon slides out of his mouth. "Never mind, I found one." Every time I see that movie, I laugh so hard during that part that I give myself an asthma attack! I have to rewind it over and over because it's flat-out hilarious! One of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in a movie!

And then the whole "love scene" with Jennifer Aniston! And then there's the scene where he's messing with the anchorman during a live broadcast! And later when the power goes out and everyone on the set whines, "The power's out again!" and Bruce exclaims "No it's not!" and claps his hands to make the lights come back on.

If you haven't seen it, you need to.

What a brilliant piece of comic genius this movie was!

I just thought of a couple more...

Every Austin Powers movie has at least one scene that makes me laugh til I bring tears to my eyes.

And in the first Kill Bill when Vivica Fox grabs the box of KaBoom cereal out of the cupboard (which has a gun in it) and it explodes as she shoots at Uma Thurman's character, making cereal shoot all over the kitchen. My friend and I just laughed and laughed at that! We were like, "Kaboom! Ha ha ha! Kaboom cereal! Get it?! Ha ha haaa!" Nobody else around us got it.

Okay here is my funny list....

Austin Powers (original)
Arsenic and Old Lace
The Apartment
The Odd Couple (again the original)
Bedazzled (I literally cannot watch the sensitive guy scenes)
Best in Show
A Knights Tale
Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers
The Party
To be or not to be (original and the remake)
Girl Friday (with Cary Grant and the remake with Burt Reynolds)

Well that's all but there are a couple of Jack Lemmon movies I can't remember the name of one of them he starred with Anne Bancroft. Okay better stop here there were more than I thought.

>>Well that's all but there are a couple of Jack Lemmon movies I
>can't remember the name of one of them he starred with Anne
>Bancroft. Okay better stop here there were more than I
>thought.

You must mean, "The Prisoner of 2nd Avenue!" OMG, one of the greatest Neil Simon movies of all time. I'm laughing just remembering it.
:)
valerie

Thank you Valerie

I love it my favourite scene is when he unwittingly helps the two guys one carrying a tv can't remember what the other guy was holding through the doors and later finds out they had just stolen his tv. And the last scene when its starts snowing and he gets the out his snow shovel :)

Uncle Buck
Bruce Almighty
Home Alone(I laugh at my kids b/c they are laughing so hard - too cute)
I'm sure there are more but my brain is out of order this morning!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Night at the Roxbury is my favorite!

Meet the parents

Nothing to lose with Martin Lawrence and Tim Robbins (pretty much anything with Martin Lawrence)

My big fat greek wedding

Father of the Bride

beth6395

My favorite line from Bruce Almighty was the one at the end of the movie to the effect of, "And remember everyone, behind every successful man is a woman shaking her head."

I didn't laugh so hard I cried, but I did chuckle.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.