Mother of Octuplets/Update

did you see "to make donations or to send items" note?

I THINK NOT!!!

she's getting a "donation" out of dh's paycheck for the rest of our lives!:mad:

..yeah Iv been meaning to put a donation jar on my desk at work.. to fund the tattoo ive been wanting.. I think my clients would understand hehe

What was she thinking?

Frankly, I'm surprised to see their home address and phone number so prominently displayed ... doesn't she worry about safety? (We know she doesn't care about privacy!) :mad:

I'm not going to comment on the impossible task taking care of so many babies at once (or getting your figure back afterward!), but for goodness sakes, get a PO box!

Wait!

That's the address of the fertility clinic! I can't believe they'd have the nerve to make their address and phone number public either! I think they're looking for trouble by doing that!

Well, let me go find my checkbook..... :D

How did she afford the fertility treatments? I thought IVF was expensive.

The cost of the hospitalization for these 8 babies is going to be at least $1 million. My daughter, as many of you know, was born 9 weeks premature. She had no problems at all (and we thank God everyday) and her bills were close to $100,000 and she only spent 28 days in the NICU.

As an educator I know first hand the cost of educating one special needs child until the age of 18. It is over $1 million dollars. That cost is passed on to the taxpayer, at least in NY it is. (That is why school taxes are so high in many places.)

Where is the money for all of this going to come from? Me and you. So while many of us are taking pay cuts, losing our jobs and doing everything we can to make ends meet she is spending our hard earned money with her selfishness. Unfortunately she is no different that a CEO of a bank at this point.

I really sit on the fence when it comes to reproductive rights. I don't want anyone telling me how many kids I can have but on the other hand people who can't afford lots of them or don't want to take care of them shouldn't have them. It is a catch-22. Just remember you need a license to go fishing!

One more thing to add...

Sitting in a NICU all day by the side of one baby, let alone eight, is extremely draining both physically and mentally. I pray for her to have strength to continue to do it to help those babies.

ok maybe two things to add...

I do pray for those babies and the kids at home. They have been put in a terrible situation through no fault of their own and no matter how much the mom loves them life will not be easy.

My concern is, like so many others, how is she going to care for all of these children?

Her father is overseas now and her mother is tired of helping. I feel bad for these children because it will be impossible for this one woman to care for 14 children.

We can all differ on opinions about her fertility doctor, her financial obligations, her emotional and mental state, but bottom line is, even if she is the best mother in the world....one woman and 14 children is an enormous, if not impossible, task.

It is not my place to judge and I truly wish her the best, but I worry for those children getting the care they really need.

I saw a case on Judge Judy where a welfare momma was suing someone for damaging her $300 dollar cell phone. I was glad to see JJ rip this woman a new one when she admitted to being on welfare. This is the crap that unfortunately goes on all the time but we unfortunately live in such a politically sensitive society where we can not call and ace of spades and ace of spades for fear of being called judgmental or insensitive. Whew, its been a long time since I became so passionate about an issue of this nature.
Booboo

I watched that episode. LOL!!

Putting money aside for a second, I really think it is impossible for a single parent (any person not just her) to emotionally provide for ALL those children. My heart really goes out to the children.

I read above in another post that she is considering being a counsellor, I really hope she re-thinks that. She will most likely be emotionally drained from raising 14 children that she won't be able to sit there and listens to the problem's of others and be in a position to give sound advice. Can you imagine working all day, listening to problems, to come home to 14 children that will be demanding your every minute. :eek:

been kind of mum on the subject until i just read another article where she states 3 of her kids with a developmental disability at least one with autism. a lot of soul searching when our baby was diagnosed was to not pursue growing our family(one was mainly finicial as well) b/c of ALL THE WORK IT TOOK TO HELP ONE CHILD work through her autism. how the hell can the 3 that YOU KNOW of going to get the one on one care they need.

i finally got home therapy(that isn't easy to get with the supply demand look at things) and part of home therapy is that PARENTS NEED TO BE INVOLVED. what is she going to do if she gets something like i do but can't give the attention to the care needed. its great that so many therapies work on on one with your kids but its not a daycare or baby sitting service,its as much for the parents as it is for the kids but the parent(minus the s since its just her) is to busy running around.

its great she wanted to kids but this was a TAD extreme IMO and i look at it from experience that no way in heck would i have been able to handle another one on top of what i do with viola. just baby sitting my niece and nephews during their weekend visits was rough enough and they are great kids. i just pray things work out and leave this one in god's hands b/c this is bigger then any of us here.

there are enough ppl living on welfare that why should i even bother ranting on her about it. b/c if it wasn't her and her 14 kids then it would the un-supervised teenage girls that live in the neighborhood having 2,3,4 kids before they are 21 with the mentality of "the state will give me for them". believe me i wouldn't believe it if i didn't hear it with my own ears at my school!! i will give her credit for at least having the goals of going back to school and doing something. i REALLY hope and pray she can and at least achieve that. but i hope she knows that whatever counselors pay(even if you find a job at CA right now) that its not going to be enough to support 14 kids.then again what is anymore. and nothing is dependable to rely on either never know when colleges or schools cut their daycare. just what i think though not an optimist on relying on things LOL

kassia

From the AP:
Taxpayers may have to cover octuplet mom's costs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090212/ap_on_re_us/octuplets

Would they qualify as their own line item on the California state budget?? :confused:

I feel bad for all of the kids, and I feel bad for her parents. My prediction of the situation is pretty pessimistic. Unless some kind of non-governmental benefactor with deep pockets steps in and provides nannies, housing, supplies, etc, etc, I think we'll be seeing some of her children ending up in foster care.

There is no logistical way that one or two people can physically care for that many children who are that young, let alone provide emotional and developmental needs, especially for the children with special needs.

It's sad all the way around.

From the AP:
Taxpayers may have to cover octuplet mom's costs

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090212/ap_on_re_us/octuplets

Would they qualify as their own line item on the California state budget?? :confused:

I feel bad for all of the kids, and I feel bad for her parents. My prediction of the situation is pretty pessimistic. Unless some kind of non-governmental benefactor with deep pockets steps in and provides nannies, housing, supplies, etc, etc, I think we'll be seeing some of her children ending up in foster care.

There is no logistical way that one or two people can physically care for that many children who are that young, let alone provide emotional and developmental needs, especially for the children with special needs.

It's sad all the way around.

I just read the article - unreal.

I feel bad for the kids....

....Mom, on the other hands is a selfish, nutty creep! She's an Angelina Jolie wannabe from the plastic surgery to the droves of kids - except Angelina can afford hers! Too bad there isn't a way to make her get her tubes tied. IMO, the kids should be taken away from her a placed in foster care. The lucky taxpayers in California get to pay for her insane actions - millions of dollars before she gets done!

My concern is, like so many others, how is she going to care for all of these children?

Her father is overseas now and her mother is tired of helping. I feel bad for these children because it will be impossible for this one woman to care for 14 children.

We can all differ on opinions about her fertility doctor, her financial obligations, her emotional and mental state, but bottom line is, even if she is the best mother in the world....one woman and 14 children is an enormous, if not impossible, task.

It is not my place to judge and I truly wish her the best, but I worry for those children getting the care they really need.

I would not even put my kids into a daycare - toddler school with ration 1:14.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.