Monday Chit Chat

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Happy Monday Everyone! I will be online for the next two hours working on the forums. If you have any questions for me please ask them right here and I will be checking back & forth to answer them. :D

Great job on the run yesterday!!! My two boys (17 & 15) are doinga 5K Thanksgiving morning. We are very excited about it! :D

Cathe, I just LOVE to workout with you and even though I am in a pretty decent shape for my age group (51), I would love to get cut like you. What do you suggest? I eat very clean and workout 5-6 times/wk. But what is the secret to getting cut? I hear different things like; eat more protein, eat more carbs, do more cardio, no, you are doing too much cardio, lift heavy, but less reps, lift light, but more reps. My head is spinning. Please help.

Thank you.

Galina

Hi Cathe, no question here but I just wanted to say that I can't wait for the new workouts to arrive! Also I think the Workout Blender is a brilliant idea.....while there are currently some issues with it I think it has great potential. As if your workouts were not hard enough I needed an extra butt kick this weekend and created a super tough (and fun!) circuit workout with Imax 3, Drill Max, and Cardio Core Circuit!

Thanks again for all you do!

Good Monday to you, Cathe and everyone!

Cathe I have missed you like crazy-- I don't think I have picked up a weight in weeks!! Maybe marathons aren't for me... I definitely miss my home workouts. Good to mix it up, but man; I miss my workouts with you! ;)

I've got a request for you to put together an app for my phone that includes your entire catalogue and the length of each workout and premix... :cool: I spend my work day figuring out my evening workout! I'd love to be able to access that kind of list on my phone. (I know. Just what you need. A new project. But this one can be delegated!! :p)

See you in my workout really soon!!! :cool:

Have fun with the rest of your afternoon!!

Hi Cathe, hope you're having a good week, I just wondered what you thought of protein powders? Are they necessary to use after a strength training workout?

Thanks
Susan

Hi there, Cathe!

Hope you're week is off to a fine start. Please wish me luck with my research that's still staring me in the face. I sure need it ;)

Thank You Galina! I know it can get very confusing and the main reason is because evrybody responds differently. Sure, there are general approaches that work for everyone to get generally fit, but once you start wanting more of this and less of that it comes down to your personal genetics, age and knowing your body and what your body responds best to to reach your goals.

What seems to work well for me food wise is a very clean diet and being a little higher on the protein grams and eating every 3 hours. I try to drink 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of water per day too.

For weight workouts I personally need to mix up high rep workouts with moderate to heavy workouts (ex. 4 day split heavy and then one total Body conditioner like Power Hour).

For weekly cardio I usually need to do one 15 minute plyometric workout , two moderate to high intensity workouts for 40 minutes, one moderate to light workout for 60 min, in addition to the classes I teach during the week.

Cathe, I just LOVE to workout with you and even though I am in a pretty decent shape for my age group (51), I would love to get cut like you. What do you suggest? I eat very clean and workout 5-6 times/wk. But what is the secret to getting cut? I hear different things like; eat more protein, eat more carbs, do more cardio, no, you are doing too much cardio, lift heavy, but less reps, lift light, but more reps. My head is spinning. Please help.

Thank you.

Galina

So glad to hear this Tami. It is a great experience to do with them if you haven't already. Wow, you certainly will be ready to Gobble Gobble by the time you are done :D

Great job on the run yesterday!!! My two boys (17 & 15) are doinga 5K Thanksgiving morning. We are very excited about it! :D

Cathe,

I would love to know which of your workouts you would recommend doing with a running rotation. Plyo and Hiit and wonderful, but what weight workouts would you suggest throwing in? I would like to do 3 days/week running (1 long run, 1 tempo run, 1 speedwork). Which of your workouts would you mix in to enhance training while still allowing sufficient recovery? I currently work out 6 days/week with Sunday off.

I'm finishing the STS 3 1/2 month rotation this month. After that, I want to train for a marathon at the end of May and a Ragnar relay in June.

Thanks for any advice--and for the fabulous workouts.

Hello there :) Happy Monday to you! Just wanted to let you know that I rid myself of the dreaded super sized macaroons that I made last night. No one at work seemed to question their ginormous size! Guess you were right- big cookies ARE in :) Here's wishing you a fun, fit, fantastic week ahead!

Hi Cathe!

I'm afraid to ask my biggest questions about the new workouts. I keep going to the announcements section of the Web site just to check . . .

Seriously, I did Cardio and Weights this morning and felt really good afterwards. I finished Power Hour a few days ago, and Step Works is next up. Thank you for everything!

Dawn

Wow Maggie, that circuit sounded deliciously hard. Someone had a little extra energy to burn this weekend, huh? :D

Thank you for your patience with the workout blender. We are working on the out the glitches as fast as we can.

Have a great week!!!

Hi Cathe, no question here but I just wanted to say that I can't wait for the new workouts to arrive! Also I think the Workout Blender is a brilliant idea.....while there are currently some issues with it I think it has great potential. As if your workouts were not hard enough I needed an extra butt kick this weekend and created a super tough (and fun!) circuit workout with Imax 3, Drill Max, and Cardio Core Circuit!

Thanks again for all you do!

Lol Amy...Ok, let me go delegate :)

Good luck with your marathons and do stop back when you are finished :D

Good Monday to you, Cathe and everyone!

Cathe I have missed you like crazy-- I don't think I have picked up a weight in weeks!! Maybe marathons aren't for me... I definitely miss my home workouts. Good to mix it up, but man; I miss my workouts with you! ;)

I've got a request for you to put together an app for my phone that includes your entire catalogue and the length of each workout and premix... :cool: I spend my work day figuring out my evening workout! I'd love to be able to access that kind of list on my phone. (I know. Just what you need. A new project. But this one can be delegated!! :p)

See you in my workout really soon!!! :cool:

Have fun with the rest of your afternoon!!

Thank You Galina! I know it can get very confusing and the main reason is because evrybody responds differently. Sure, there are general approaches that work for everyone to get generally fit, but once you start wanting more of this and less of that it comes down to your personal genetics, age and knowing your body and what your body responds best to to reach your goals.

What seems to work well for me food wise is a very clean diet and being a little higher on the protein grams and eating every 3 hours. I try to drink 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of water per day too.

For weight workouts I personally need to mix up high rep workouts with moderate to heavy workouts (ex. 4 day split heavy and then one total Body conditioner like Power Hour).

For weekly cardio I usually need to do one 15 minute plyometric workout , two moderate to high intensity workouts for 40 minutes, one moderate to light workout for 60 min, in addition to the classes I teach during the week.

What kind, and how many classes do you usually teach during the week?

Kimberly

Cathe-I saw the discussion for getting "cut" but would you recommend the same workouts for someone trying to get the weight loss started? I packed on some weight when I quit smoking (and then my thyroid gave out....short version) and the weight is not budging. Along with the clean eats, could you give your two cents on getting the weight loss ball rolling?

Also, I just want to thank you for everything you do in the world of fitness :D You are by far my favorite instructor ;)

Thanks

No question but wanted to say I loved the pic of you and the boys on the bridge. Sounds like you all had a blast! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.