Mommies-To-Be-----June-Rollcall!!!!!!!!

Lilly - Unless I'm getting a ton of them back to back, I just ignore it and keep going. If I'm out shopping, and they just get awful, I'll get some water and sit down for a little while. Same at home. Most of the time though, they just go away on their own whether I keep moving or not.

My weekend went pretty good. It was HOT, but I spent most of my time inside or in the pool. I unpacked and repacked the hospital bags just to make sure I had everything. I wanted DH to get the car seat in the car, but that didn't happen, so hopefully he'll do it tonight. I just want everything in there in case. No real activity yet though aside from the Braxton Hicks which I have a lot and just ignore. I had another NST (non stress test) this morning and the baby is still looking good. Tomorrow is my weekly OB appointment and they will probably check me this time to see if I am making any progress. I HATE being "checked", ugh... Hopefully, this will be my last appointment - fingers crossed.

Lourdes - Good luck with all those boys!!! ;)

Hi Wonderwoman,

For right now we are not finding out what we are having. I have always wanted a girl. I will be 38 when the baby is born so I am not sure that I will have more than one. If it is a boy I will think about it. I can't imagine being pregnant, working, and having a little one.

I am a bit concerned about my age and the added risk that comes with it. I am not obsessing over it though. I have a feeling everything is and will be just fine.

I am 10 weeks today and have told 4 people. I have no idea when we will tell others. I think part of my hesitation is that me and my SO are not married yet. We have been dating for 17 years. I don't feel bad about it or anything but it is just not how I had it planned.

Anybody out there still drinking some coffee? I have read that you can have 2 cups a day. I have been having a latte once a day 4 days a week which when I do I feel like a million bucks. I am going to talk to my doctor next week about it just to get his take on it but I hope he says it is fine. It has been the hardest thing to give up.

Have a great day ladies. I am off to push mow for awhile.

Winter

Hi Wonderwomen!

I'm 42 years old and 29 weeks along. I have 5 boy's ages 15, 13, 10, 10, and 5. I don't know what the sex of the baby is, but my hubby does. It would be wonderful to have a girl (in my dreams)! All I'm asking for is a healthy baby! I know how you feel, like I said towards the end of the day it hurts even to sit down and rest, I feel like I'm going to fall apart. Good luck to you and don't worry everything will be fine and do what your body allows you to do and don't feel bad about it. I wish I was less stuborn and rested a bit more than maybe I would't feel so tired in the evenings. Have a great day!!!

Lourdes

Winter,
My husband and I did things backwards. We had our daughter first then got married...
DD was 5 months old when we got married then we bought our house 3 months later...

I remember being in the hospital with the paternity papers and the hospital staff asking me if the baby's father was going to sign the forms so she could have his last name???? I felt awful. Of course my husband did but when her birth certificate came I played a trick on him and told him that our daughter had my last name and that they must've messed up on the paper work and he was furious he thought it was true. LOL It was a lie but I will never forget the look on his face.

I still drink my cup of coffee every morning but just 1 cup. I have it with 2 splenda's. I still eat turkey deli meat but I cook the turkey before I eat it.
Liann- I'm beginning to think I'm just a wimp.....LOL

Lilly - You are no wimp! After 30 weeks, I think most of us are ready to be done! And you may be having some more intense Braxton Hicks than I am. Just listen to your body and if it tells you to lay down and take it easy - do it! ;) Not too much longer!!!

hi ladies! i hope everyone's week is off to a go start.

lilly - i'm at 32 1/2 weeks now. as far as i know, i'm not having any contractions yet. i'll feel mild pressure sometimes when i'm walking, but i can work through it. i imagine that when i do start experiencing braxton hicks, the intensity may dictate whether i push through it or not. i may be someone who decides to rest - we'll see.

winter - you asked about coffee. i'm not drinking it, but that's because it was the first thing to make me sick in the first trimester, so it was really easy to give it up. i've read that it's okay to have 1 or 2 cups per day though during pregnancy. but i learned recently at a class about breastfeeding that caffeine has a 96 hour half-life in the milk. that means if you drink coffee and breastfeed, your baby may be cranky from the caffeine for the next 3 - 4 days. our instructor warned us that we may have to limit caffeine if we're planning to nurse. i was really looking forward to drinking coffee again, but i may hold off now. i hadn't heard that info before, so i thought i'd pass it along. (alcohol on the other hand has only a 2 hour half-life so technically you can drink 1 unit of alcohol and nurse 4 hours later - just fyi).

lourdes - i just wanted to say that even though my pregnancy is going really well, i cannot begin to imagine being pregnant while taking care of 5 boys. 5 boys! i'm sure you're used to it, but it seems amazing to me.

liann - i hope you're appointment is a good one. it's exciting how close you're getting. i certainly hope everything goes well.

i'm doing okay. my husband and i had our labor & delivery class this weekend. it was a 2 day intensive course. i was fine for the whole thing until the tour of the hospital at the end of the day yesterday. we were shown 2 labor and delivery rooms, which are nice for hospital rooms, but seeing the bed really freaked me out. i dunno - i just don't want to have to be in that hospital bed! other than that it was a good course, but i hope i can remember everything for the next 8 weeks.

have good week!
carrie

Carrie - The tour of my hospital didn't really impress me too much either. The delivery rooms were so sterile and all I could think was that I wish I was going to a birthing center instead where things are more "homey".

Had my last ultrasound this morning. Baby is weighing in at 7 pounds, 11 oz. She is head down and in position. I never really feel like she "dropped" but they said her head is really low and ready to go. So essentially I was told I could go at any moment. Of course that still means it could be 2 weeks from now, but let's hope not!

Wow Liann - you are really, really close! Are you guys ready at this point or do you still have some last minute things to do? Are you still working? Did your doctor have any idea of whether labor might start soon as opposed to later? It seems like sitting around and waiting for things to happen could be a bit nerve-racking - it would be for me anyway. Hopefully the next couple of weeks will pass quickly for you.

Stay inside this weekend (or in the pool) - they're calling for 90' heat here!
Carrie

Carrie - I'm still at work this week. I plan to work from home next week, so I will be done in the actual office on Friday. No, unfortunately the docs don't know whether she will come in a few hours or a few weeks. They just say she "could" come at any moment. So, it's just a waiting game. I had a lot of cramping last night and didn't sleep well at all. I've been getting Braxton Hicks contractions for the past few weeks. At least a few every hour. At one point they were every 8 minutes apart, but nothing ever progressed. I've gotten to where I ignore pretty much all contractions, so I probably will not know I'm in labor until things really pick up since my uterus has been crying wolf for weeks. ;) I really hope she decides to come sooner rather than later though. It's not that I want to rush the pregnancy, just that schedule-wise with DH's leave it works better for her to come sooner.

It's going to be toasty here too! I have a "company" picnic to go to on Saturday and I don't think I'm going to last there long!

Hey everybody,

How was everyones fathers day weekend?
Liann-Anything yet? How are you feeling? I'm sure you are dragging your feet now. Anyday now and she will be here.I'm so excited for you....
Carrie-How are you and belly coming along? Hopefully everything is well...
Lourdes-How are you holding up?
Winter-Hey...Hope you are doing good too.
Well the weather here has been great. Hot and sunny. I've been either in the pool or in the house with the air blasted. It does feel good to be in the pool though because you just feel so light! It felt great just to swim around but on Saturday morning I went to Target and broke down and bought a maternity bathing suit and a pool dress I couldnt take it anymore. The bathing suit I was wearing was a regular one it fit but my boobs were all over the place and it didnt look to cute!
My 5 year old DD is so sick with a fever and very lathergic all day today dont know what it is but her doctor said to bring her in at 630pm today. My poor baby!
I offically started my maternity leave. Last tuesday was my last day of work so I've been home organizing the crap out of everything. LOL
My doctor's appt was on Friday.33 weeks already. Everthing looks good still no sonogram! ArGGGG. My doctor said eventually I will have one before I have her to see how big she is. So they put me on the calendar for Aug 02. So hopefully she will be here on her own by that date if not C-section it will be. I decided against the tubal ligation.
I've said enough. Enjoy your week everyone!!!!
Lilly

Hi Lilly ane Everyone,

I am doing well. For father day I was at the World of Outlaw Sprint car races with my dad.

I am 10 weeks and 5 days along. I heard the heartbeat today which was pretty cool.

I think I have gained 1.5 to 2 lbs. I have to gain as little as possible since I have had back surgery in the past. Will see a dietician soon.

Can imagine seeing a sick 5 year old. Heartbreaking. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Is a sonogram and ultrasound?

Everyone seems so close to due date.

Best wishes everyone!!

Winter (Tracy)

Tracy - Doctors seem to use the term sonogram/ultrasound interchangeably. It's the same thing as far as I know. They called my first ultrasound a sonogram, but it was the same procedure. Congrats on getting to hear the heart beat! There's something so special about hearing it the first time. :) Makes it more real.

Lilly - I kind of started my maternity leave today. I'm technically working from home until the baby comes. We were going to go see my dad for Father's Day, but he wasn't feeling good and my mom messed up her back, so we just stayed home and hung out in the pool. I spend as much time in there as possible. :) Sorry about your DD being sick. :( No action here yet, but I'm holding out hope that she still decides to come before the weekend. My niece is going to be so disappointed if I have her on Saturday.

Lourdes/Carrie - How you ladies doing???

Hi ladies! I'd like to join y'all. I used to post more on the forums but haven't been around much for a few years. I am 16w 3D pregnant. This is my 6th pregnancy, I have an almost 10 y/o DD & an almost 6 y/o DS, I am a SAHM & homeschool my kids for now, I was a Women's Health NP in my previous life ;), & have been married 20 years. I have a history of difficulty conceiving & pregnancy loss. I'll be 40 in October & had accepted we would never have a 3rd child. I lost a pregnancy in Oct. '08 & have done nothing to prevent pregnancy since then (and actually since '05). I had surgery, again, in Dec. for endometriosis and that seems to be magic for my fertility. I was pregnant 3 mos. later, which is the same thing that happened with my DS... surgery in July & pregnancy in October. :)

This pregnancy is welcome but has been a rollercoaster. I had spotting & cramping & hCG levels that weren't doubling as expected early in the pregnancy. We got through that & now I have an uncooperative uterus:confused: (lazy... won't move foreward:rolleyes:) that is causing urinary retention. Wow, is that ever miserable. It is rare for this to happen... so it only makes sense it would happen to me. ;) I see my OB tomorrow & am hoping the uterus is moving foreward or even better has moved foreward, which I think it has but it is no easy checking.

My workouts have been inconsistent. :eek: I am thinking of starting with walking DVDs (too hot here in MO for outdoor walks) & some yoga... maybe a short kettlebell workout. I worked out with Cathe almost my entire pregnancy with DS but my body just isn't feeling it this time. Soooo, I plan on kinder, gentler workouts.

I look forward to checking in with you & getting to know you. I've rambled enough. Hope you have a great week!!!

Hi Girls!

Autumn - congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the forum! It sounds like you've certainly been through a lot, but I hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes well.

Liann - I hope you're hanging in there okay. Is it hard just waiting for labor to begin or are you able to stay busy and keep your mind off of it?

Lilly - I hope your DD is feeling better soon! My opinion is that summertime is no time to be sick :)

Tracy - I'm glad you got to hear the heartbeat - I always look forward to that at my doctor's visits.

I'm doing well. We had our 4D ultrasound this past Saturday. I keep forgetting to post pictures though. Most of the pictures are blurry so there's not much to see, but toward the very end, she opened her eyes and you can see one of her eyeballs! It's cool, but admittedly a little freaky too!

I'm at 34 weeks now and still feeling good. I get hot very quickly when I work out and I'm tiring more easily too, so I guess it's time for me to scale back a bit. I'd walk more, but it's just so hot outside right now! How do you know what's too hot for the baby? I feel like I'm overheated if I'm sweating and breathing harder and it seems like that starts happening during the warm-up :-( Maybe I'm just turning into a wuss!

Hope you're all having a great week!
Carrie

Autumn - Congratulations.

Wow you are experiencing some interesting issues. Hopefully things will iron out and be smooth sailing for the duration.

I have had little issues - a bit nauseated, extremely tired, and of course constipation. The nausea and fatigue is going away. I am in my 11th week.

Lian/Carrie - it was pretty special. Unbelievable almost. The whole experience seems out of this world. There is a 2 inch baby inside my body???

Have a good day!!

Tracy

It's so nice to hear from all of you!

Turns out my DD only has a chest cold and is feeling much herself today. The dr. said it's probably from being out in the heat and then the AC. But I am so happy she is feeling good. Tomorrow is her pre-k graduation and then thursday it's my DD graduation from HS. So I'll be busy this week. On sunday I have a baptism and then thats it!!!!!

Winter-Isnt it amazing to hear beautiful sound inside of you?
Liann- good to hear your hanging in there. I watch this show everyday on TLC it's called A Baby Story. It's so cute it makes me cry all the time....
Carrie- We are so close together I'm 33 weeks will be 34 on saturday. Thats cool! Have they told you how much your baby weighs? NOt me.
Autumn-Welcome and I wish you a happy healthy pregnancy. Things will get better for you.

No, not yet. She's either going to be stubborn and wait until July 4 or come this weekend when I'm at my niece's graduation party. I have a bad feeling she's going to pick the worst time possible for an entrance! At this point, I need her to wait until Sunday so I can be there for my niece tomorrow.

sorry to jump in, but had to send autumn a huge congratulations! i rememeber you from the ttc checkin - what great news!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.