Mommies-To-Be-----June-Rollcall!!!!!!!!

wonderwoman

Cathlete
Yay June 1st! 2 more months to go for me!!!!!!
How was everyone's weekend? Hopefully everyone had a great holiday...

I'm 30 weeks already and I've been feeling these weird movements from the baby. It's happened around 3 times already when I'm sleeping and it wakes me up! It feels like a seizure/tremors and only last a few seconds. I know it's not the hiccups cause she has that all the time too and I know what that feels like but I have never felt this before with any of my pregnancies and I'm scared! My drs appt is on thurs and I will ask but was wondering if any of you have felt this before?????

Lilly - Sometimes, my little girl just spazzes a little and does a short barrage of jerky kicks and movements. That's the only way to describe it. I'd mention it to be safe though. I went to Maternity today for a "Non Stress Test". They basically hooked me up to two monitors and checked the baby's reaction to her movements and my contractions. Turns out I am having contractions pretty regularly (about every 8-9 minutes). They are just classifying them as Braxton Hicks at the moment, but it has me a little nervous here at work because I am still feeling them and I am so not ready for actual labor yet! I'm not even that nervous about the labor, I just have a huge to do list here at work that I am stressed about. My boss thinks I'm a nut for being more worried about getting my job done.

I had my shower this weekend and got a lot of really cute things. This baby is already soooo spoiled. My sisters couldn't get over the nursery and everything I have set up already. If I can just get around to packing my hospital bag and getting the car seat installed, I'll be all ready for the baby. Where did the time go???

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day!!!

Wow, that's really close together. Are they painful? So happy that you had your baby shower that's great. Did you get everything you need for now and them some?

I googled fetal movements and came up with some articles and most are saying that it is pretty normal and that sometimes it could be one of the babies limbs trapped somewhere trying to wiggle it's self free I read it's the babies nervous system etc. It's just weird. I cant wait until thursday.

No, nothing painful at all. Just a tightening in one side of my stomach. I didn't realize it was a contraction until the nurse pointed it out and explained it to me. I had always assumed it was just the baby pushing out or leaning to one side or something. I do have a gut feeling though that I am not going to go 40 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't go in the next week or two.

Keep us posted on your appointment Thursday!

Good morning ladies!

How is everybody today? Enjoying this hot weather we are having? Well I'm from New York and it's been pretty hot these last 2 days...
I had my doctor's appt yesterday everthing was good. I asked about those weird movements that the baby was making and she said that it was normal and that not all babies are the same some are more active than others. I also asked about the protein shakes and she said if I was having them everyday 3-4 times a day then it would be a problem but I'm not. I usually have 1/2 scoop 3/4 times a week. BP was good baby heartbeat was loud and strong so I'm happy about that. She measured my belly and said baby is right where she is suppose to be (her size). I'm so excited for her arrival I can't wait!
Because my last baby was a c-section she told me that they are going to give me a calendar date in case she dosen't come by my due date which is 08/08. So she gave me 3 dates to choose from 07/26 08/09 08/16. They know I want to try naturally BUT if I have a c-section she also said they could do a tubal ligation at the same time. YIKES!
She said I could think about it but at my next appt on 06/18 I have to let her know what I want to do.

WOW! Anyway have a good weekend everyone!!!!

Lilly - Wow, it sounds like your last appointment was really interesting. Making those kind of decisions seems tough. Good luck with all of that.

Liann - It's amazing that you're having such regular contractions. I've read that some women start to experience Braxton Hicks as early as 6 or 7 months. I haven't felt a thing that resembles a contraction yet, but then, I don't know what I'm supposed to feel either. It's hard to believe you're so close now!

I'm doing well. No appointment this week, but my last one went well. My co-workers are throwing me a baby shower tomorrow and my husband and I are going to our childbirth class next weekend (it's over an entire weekend rather than being spread out over several weeks). My husband has also been busy painting the nursery. He's determined to finish it this weekend even though I keep reminding him we still have 2 months to get it all done. I think he's afraid of me delivering early. I realize that I'm getting big, but I'm not THAT big yet (I don't think)!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the weekend. Try to stay cool (it's going to be warm here).
-Carrie

Carrie - I've been feeling occasional Braxton hicks for a while, but I had no idea that's what they were. They hooked me up to some monitors at the hospital on Tuesday to monitor the baby's heart rate and they were able to pick up the contractions and point them out to me. I was only getting them on one side of my stomach and the best way I can think to describe it is if someone was blowing up a balloon inside my stomach. You can actually see it bulge out a little and it gets really tight. This whole time I thought it was the baby pushing into my right side and up under my ribcage and it turns out it was contractions not the baby. I thought I would feel contractions around my entire stomach, but I get them localized in certain areas. It's really weird now that I know what I am looking for. I've been getting a ton today too. Mostly when I am up walking around. As soon as I sit down they subside a little. The time is going fast for you too! Have fun at your shower!

Lilly - Glad the appointment went well. Hopefully, you will get your VBAC. I've heard from a lot of women who have had one with no problem after a C. Even one of my OB's did.

Liann- From your mouth to god's ears. I could only hope but I've decided to have the c section on aug. 9 if she is not here by my due date. I could barely stand it anymore now I could not imagine anything beyond 08/09.
How are you feeling? Anyday now!
I was at the pool on saturday and it felt so good to be in the water because you feel so light. Ahhhhh! I wanted to spend the whole day in that pool but after 5 hours there I decided to pack it in. LOL
I have been having the braxton hicks for a while now and it does look funny when you get it only on one side. It feels so hard. I also notice that when I walk or on my feet too long like doing dishes or buying some things at the supermarket I start to get them too and they also subside once I sit down. That's why I could not even imagine trying to run or do anytype or workouts now! I envy all you preggers who work out to the very end. I wish!!!
My daughters senior prom was on Sunday and she was home by midnight. Last years junior prom ahe didnt get home til around 7am. Her graduation is in 2 weeks. I cant believe it where did the time go?
Carrie- 2 months goes so fast. Your husband sounds like a very smart man. LOL
Enjoy this alone time!!!!

Lilly - I don't know how they do it either. I couldn't jog or run right now if my life depended on it! Just walking around in a store is enough exercise for me! ;) We went shopping for some last minute baby items this weekend and I was have tons of BH's.

Congrats on your daughter's upcoming graduation! I have two nieces who just graduated from high school and I still can't grasp that they are that old now. I feel like I was just changing their diapers!

How's the painting coming Carrie?

Had another NST (non stress test) this morning. Baby passed with flying colors. I have my weekly OB appointment tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if I have made any progress from last week. I'm finally getting things buckled down at work. I will be training one lady this afternoon on some of the things I do for my boss and I pretty much have everything else passed off. After today, the baby is free to come whenever she wants! :) Now, if we can just come up with a name!

Hi Girls!

We had several strong thunderstorms this weekend and even tornado warnings (which never happen here), so the weather slowed down my husband's painting efforts because of the humidity. But there's only 1 wall left to go and then he gets to figure out how to put the crib together. The ladies at work had a shower for me this past weekend which was lovely, but I need to finish the nursery so I have a place to put everything. We'll get it all done eventually.

Liann - I hear you about the name. I can't think of anything that I really like. My husband has a small list of names that he loves, but none of them seem right to me. I am so indecisive - naming my pets is too hard for me! I'm glad things are winding down for you at work - that must be nice to know everything will be taken care of while you're away.

Lily - I'm glad you survived your daughter's prom and I hope graduation goes well. You have a lot to look forward to!

My pregnancy is still going well. If I'm having any contractions, I have no idea about it. Sometimes I get what Liann described on one side, but it's rare and quick. I am starting to get some swelling in my feet which is just gross. I can't feel the swelling - they seem normal - but I'll look down and my ankle/foot will be so puffy and funny looking. I'm still working out, but with much less intensity. My belly bothered me for the first time yesterday doing cardio. I was doing Low Impact Circuit, and during the cardio portions my stomach didn't feel very supported. It's hard to describe. I may need to back off to walking/yoga for awhile. It's harder to workout in hot weather anyway.

I hope you all have a great week!! Let us know about your upcoming appointments!
Carrie

Carrie - I hate tornado warnings! We do not get them too often, but when we do, it always makes me nervous. Hopefully, we will both come up with names soon. My Dh has a few he likes too that I cannot stand. We do agree on a few that we "like", but neither of us just "love" any one particular name. It's so frustrating!

OB appointment went fine. My strep culture came back negative, so I will not need antibiotics when I'm admitted. I'm planning on a natural birth, so the less junk they try to give me the better. Everything else looks good too - heart rate, blood pressure, etc... I gained 2 pounds which is the first time I've gained in a month. I'm glad though because I was starting to get a little worried that the baby wasn't growing. So everything looks good for now. I'm still having Braxton Hicks here and there, but nothing consistent. I'm getting a little nervous because we have family things planned for the next two weekends (graduations, parties, etc...). I'm hoping my baby picks a convenient time to come, like say a Wednesday. ;)

9 weeks along with first

Hi Ladies,

I am posting on this forum for the first time. I view the open discussion forum often and occasionally post.

I am 37 and 9 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first child. I am still in the disbelief stage. I have been a bit sick to my stomach most of the time - totally bearable. What has been getting me is the extreme fatigue. I really hate this part and can't wait for it to be over. I am a teacher at a college and I have the summer off but don't want to waste it sleeping.
Although I am sleeping really well.

Hope you don't mind that I would like to join your thread. I am sooo extremely green right now. I am sure you know........excited, nervous, scared, feel like youth is gone...the emotional list goes on.

Thanks!
Winter

Congrats Winter and welcome to the thread!!! :) You are getting really close to your second trimester and that is when I started perking up. For me, the first trimester really was the worst. I never had full out morning sickness, but I was just really tired and nauseated all the time. It really improved by the 12th week though. Hopefully, you will start getting some relief soon. And I hear you about the emotional list! :) DH and I were married for 8 years before deciding to go through with this and I still have moments when I ask myself "what have we done!" :)

Congrats Winter...and welcome to the thread!!! I'm having my baby #6 the first weeks of September and I still ask myself if it was the right thing to do. As far as morning sickness I just felt very nasaues never really came out...only every once in a while when I would over it. I have not missed a day of working out and hopefully that will help me loose my baby weight faster...I do feel broken and extremely tired by the end of the day though!!! My 5 boy's are out of school so I'm having to work and be on my feet twice as much. Anyways good luck to you!!!!

Lourdes

Winter,

I just wanted to say congratulations too. We all know a little bit about what you're going through. Hopefully you'll feel better in the next few weeks and both the nausea and fatigue will go away. Personally, my second trimester was great - the only symptom I had was an expanding waistline and I otherwise felt normal. I didn't even have any mood swings until recently. Of course now my hormones and emotions are all over the place (I think my poor husband is ready to move out until the baby arrives!).

Everyone's pregnancy is different, but hopefully yours will be a good experience for you. Keep us posted!

Carrie

Thank you ladies for your warm welcome.

Liann - it is so funny you ask yourself "what have we done". I was laying in bed this morning wondering the same thing.

Lourdes - my friend has 2 girls but always wished to have boys because they love thier mothers so much! You must have tons and tons of love! I am not working and can't imagine it because I am so tired. I suppose if I was working it wouldn't be focusing on how tired I am all the time. Are you wonder woman?

Carrie - I hope my second and third trimester is like your second. That would be a dream. I hope my emotions keep in check in those trimesters as I will be back to school teaching accounting at a community college. When I am not pregnant I have a short tolerance for excuses!

I look forward to posting and learning more about all of you,

Thanks,
Winter

Thank you ladies for your warm welcome.

Liann - it is so funny you ask yourself "what have we done". I was laying in bed this morning wondering the same thing.

Lourdes - my friend has 2 girls but always wished to have boys because they love thier mothers so much! You must have tons and tons of love! I am not working and can't imagine it because I am so tired. I suppose if I was working it wouldn't be focusing on how tired I am all the time. Are you wonder woman?

Carrie - I hope my second and third trimester is like your second. That would be a dream. I hope my emotions keep in check in those trimesters as I will be back to school teaching accounting at a community college. When I am not pregnant I have a short tolerance for excuses!

I look forward to posting and learning more about all of you,

Thanks,
Winter

Aww...Thanks Witer!!! No I'm not Wonder Woman, but I will let you in on a secret. I've always wanted to be wonder woman and look like her too! ;) I love Linda Carter!!!

Welcome Winter,
It's great to have you. The more the merrier. Congratulations to you! I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy. Hopefully you will start to feel better real soon so hang in there. The second trimester is the best. Although my back began hurting me when I was 18-20 weeks so I had to scale back on the working out big time. So are you hoping for a girl or boy? Are you going to find out what you are having??
I'm 32 weeks along. My pregnancy was great 1st and 2nd trimester. But now I feel just so out of it. Sorry guys I dont mean to bo a debbie downer but I'm tired, uncomfortable, and just plain miserable. The only time I dont have any pain or discomfort is when I'm laying down with my feet up. I'm very restless and anxious. I feel like I'm walking around with a 20 pound dumbell in between my legs!!!!
Anyway how was everyone's weekend? The weather was kind of sucky so didnt do much. Very humid and cloudy....
Liann-how are you? Anything yet 2 weeks to go to the date.....
Carrie- How are you feeling? Mood swings??? Ahhhh yes I know exactly what your talking about there. Ask my daughter she will tell you all about it...LOL
Lourdes-Exactly how far along are you???? My goodness can you bottle up whatever you have and give me some of it!!!!

I have a silly question for you guys....
When you are having pain/pressure/braxton hicks do you stop and slow down or lay down/sit sown or do you just push through it and keep it moving????

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.