Modifying the roll back and jump up sequence in Cardio Core Circuit?

sunsdaughter

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and all!
I did CCC today (love it!) but I have the hardest time with the roll back/jump up sequence. I think it's in round 4 or 5 and is one of the cardio drills. I can't seem to spring up thru that "sticking point". How should I modify?
Thanks!!!

I just do the roll or roll onto one knee. My knees and lower back cannot handle the jump at the end. I find it still works well.

Cathe has a modification for those who prefer to stay upright, 4 jacks and 2 plyos.
However, I'm not sure if that's the modification for the particular exercise you refer to; mrsprincess07's suggesion is a good one, too.

I bet you can substitute it with whatever you want as long as you're challenging yourself but that's just my own opinion:)

I love CCC, but never do that move...one do only 2 or 3 Cathe moves I don't do (the other is the single leg squats with weighs in TBT LB...did it once and tweaked my knee). Anyway, there's something about that move...I just can't make myself roll backwards like that...I guess I don't trust my floor to catch me. :). Plus, it just looks like a move that would injure me! Not a criticism of Cathe's move, but a commentary on my klutziness!

Thanks for your help,everyone. I'd like to try a roll back modification, but I end up doing the upright jacks most of the time. I think I'll try the roll back, come up on one knee modifier next time.

Any tips, though, for getting thru that "sticking point"? Do more core work, huh? :)

I've been trying to do this move for years. I still have to use my hands to help me get off the floor.:(

I also did CCC for the first time on Saturday and couldn't do that move! It hurt my knees...I think it's because I didn't have me feet far enough forward and my knees were extended over my toes when I tried to jump up! I'm going to try the one knee suggestion and work on my form and core strenght A LOT MORE!!!! Other then that, I LOVED the sweat-fest!!!!!:eek:

I use my step topper to roll back onto and then I can get past the sticking point and spring up! If just the topper doesn't work, you can add risers and then start removing the risers as you get more accustomed to the move.

HTH!

I use my step topper to roll back onto and then I can get past the sticking point and spring up! If just the topper doesn't work, you can add risers and then start removing the risers as you get more accustomed to the move.

HTH!

NOW THAT IS BRILLIANT!!!!!;)

So this roll back move, is it a cardio move or a core move? If cardio, the sub Cathe gave will work, if it's core, just stick in any tough core move from the abs/core section of Bootcamp!

I agree with another poster though, if the move 'aint working for you, sub whatever you like. It is YOUR workout!

Clare

At first, I got pretty winded doing all that. As long as I could get myself up and stand I took it! ha ha. You need to get your core strong to do this so work on that. I ended up getting to where I could keep up with Cathe (and I'm turning 50 this year ;)) so my suggestion is do as many as you can or as many modified as you can and work up to it. A goal to work towards for 2012! Good luck!!

I cross my legs and that seems to help me "jump" if you can call it that, a little better. It's still pretty hard though. Usually I just do the Jacks

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.