Metabolic Total Body

ashaw

Cathlete
So this morning, my original plans were to do High Step Training, but I decided to play it safe and not do any high impact because of my knee bothering me a bit since Tuesday. I did FlexTrain on Wednesday and knew I wanted to do something more metabolic/circuit so I grabbed Metabolic Total Body and got a fantastic workout. I did the Blizzard Blast too and I ended up using my discs for the jacks and it made a huge difference. I was able to even do the terminator burpees on the discs and was able to pretty much stay on tempo with Cathe, maybe doing an extra rep on the air jacks since I wasn't jumping. But, it worked great and I was amazed at how versatile the discs were for that portion of the workout. I'm not sure what's going on with my knee, but I had gotten really confident that it had fully resolved, so apparently it hasn't yet but at least I can still workout. Whatever's going on, I feel it more above my knee versus the actual kneecap itself.

Ashaw, thanks for the tip re: using the discs for the higher impact Blizzard Blast! I did this workout yesterday ... great workout - even has a little core work!

Sorry to hear your knee is still acting up ... these things can really take awhile to heal. Maybe some additional floor work with or without ankle weights might help ... sometimes strengthening the muscles around the joint helps. I sometimes will add in the Gaiam Strong Knees dvd to do a little extra for my knees.

Ashaw, thanks for the tip re: using the discs for the higher impact Blizzard Blast! I did this workout yesterday ... great workout - even has a little core work!

Sorry to hear your knee is still acting up ... these things can really take awhile to heal. Maybe some additional floor work with or without ankle weights might help ... sometimes strengthening the muscles around the joint helps. I sometimes will add in the Gaiam Strong Knees dvd to do a little extra for my knees.
You’re welcome and thank you too! I just couldn’t believe how great the discs worked for the Jack segments in the blizzard blast.

I’m not sure what’s up with my knee. Monday’s High Step Circuit workout went great and then I noticed the knee right after starting Kick Max. I’ve done a lot of good lower body work lately and absolutely love Pyramid Lower Body. That floor work segment is brutal and I just love how it burns my hips and butt!

You’re welcome and thank you too! I just couldn’t believe how great the discs worked for the Jack segments in the blizzard blast.

I’m not sure what’s up with my knee. Monday’s High Step Circuit workout went great and then I noticed the knee right after starting Kick Max. I’ve done a lot of good lower body work lately and absolutely love Pyramid Lower Body. That floor work segment is brutal and I just love how it burns my hips and butt!
My knees improved with foam rolling. Still some pain, but a lot of pain was coming from tight quads.

My knees improved with foam rolling. Still some pain, but a lot of pain was coming from tight quads.
Vivbc, thanks for the quad info. I have an old knee injury that I have to "baby" off and on, but it hasn't been bothering me lately. My "good" knee however has been twinging. Nothing too bad, but I've never had any trouble with it, and I was confused. I spent over 16 hours in a vehicle a couple of days ago, and my body has been stiff. I did cardio the day after I got back and strength training the next day, with short stretches after each workout. I usually focus on extra stretching on the weekend (my active recovery days). I'm going to change my workout plan to include more flexibility for the next few days. I'm thinking tight quads might just be my problem. Thank you. :)

Vivbc, thanks for the quad info. I have an old knee injury that I have to "baby" off and on, but it hasn't been bothering me lately. My "good" knee however has been twinging. Nothing too bad, but I've never had any trouble with it, and I was confused. I spent over 16 hours in a vehicle a couple of days ago, and my body has been stiff. I did cardio the day after I got back and strength training the next day, with short stretches after each workout. I usually focus on extra stretching on the weekend (my active recovery days). I'm going to change my workout plan to include more flexibility for the next few days. I'm thinking tight quads might just be my problem. Thank you. :)

The foam roller is great for myofascial release. You’ll love it.

I've been doing some of Cathe's extended stretches after I do a workout, followed by the foam roller move Cathe demonstrates in the trailer video that she posted (I didn't know how to do it before that). Then, throughout the day, I do a couple of standing quad stretches here and there. My knee pain is gone! Can't wait until the new STS comes out. I have a feeling I'll be using the foam roller videos a lot. Thanks Vivbc!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.