MAY 2011 JOGGLERS!

Hi there! I am so totally exhausted today! Bent over the typewriter all day filling out estate tax forms for RI, U.S. and MA on a file. Why is that so tiring? Numbers on tiny lines over and over again . . .

Alisha - I hope your mom is okay! Is she feeling better today? Sending you positive energy every day that you get hired somewhere! You and I both need a foam roller - it's on my mega-list! lol I'll keep filling you in on the TF workouts, so you'll be fully informed and can make an intelligent decision on it!

Jane - Glad your hip is better today! I was telling Stephen today about the beautiful weather y'all have been having down south lately! Too bad it can't last all summer for you, huh? I'll be staring out the window, waiting for that sunshine you're sending!

So, in light of the above, I opted out of legs tonight. Rest day for me. I was shocked to see legs on the schedule today! I had forgotten M2 moved leg day! If it had been upper body, I may have toughed it out, but legs takes all I've got and I don't have much left today.

I've been starving all week! I ended up having a 2nd afternoon snack when I came home instead of working out and I still don't feel re-energized yet. Worse still, I have got to get in the kitchen and do dishes and cook. Ugh.

Oh, well, better get to it so I can have it done and relax the rest of the night!

Have a good one ladies! See you tomorrow!

Hi Everyone,

Here's my workout for tonight.

Two Rounds of:
60 Kettlebell Swings
50 Weighted Step ups
40 Ball Slams
30 Push ups
20 Overhead Plate Sit ups
10 Squat Thrust Sandbag Jump overs
25m (approx) Overhead Plate Walking Lunges

Tricia ~ Hope you enjoyed your rest day. I hate staring at numbers all day.

Hi Alisha and Lisa!

Hi ladies!

I made up my leg workout tonight! Disc 14 trisets! Wow! I always forget just how hard these are! Those darn plates! lol I felt so much better today! I did take a can of tuna and a baggie of carrots for my mid-afternoon snack. I ate half the can and a handful of carrots. Not sure if that's what did it, but I'm gonna go with that!

Hope you two have had a fabulous day today!

Tricia- Why is it that tri work is always soo hard?? Thanks for the positive energy!

Jane-I am definitely getting a foam roller. I have heard really good things about them.

Mom is feeling better. We don't know what the problem was, vomitting blood is always worrisome. But, she felt better and went back to work.

I did a 3 mile adv. workout with Leslie Sansone (ttotm.) I also took another practice test today. I got the exact same score but I am pleased with my powers of concentration, those seem to have improved. The thing with the LSAt is that if you miss one assumption, then you lose 7 questions. Gah. Thats ok, I am still in the learning process. Tomorrow will be an oldie, Jane Fonda Lower Body Solution, its a step and toning workout. Its not too intense. :p I love my leg warmers when I was a kid, too bad those went out of style, because a dance studio can be so frigid.

Alisha - You aren't kidding! Only during trisets do my quads and hams hurt equally as much and oh, so much! lol

Oh, my, your mom was vomiting blood? I hope she went to the doctor! That can't be good! I'm glad she's better!

I might find me some leg warmers to wear at the office! They keep it like an icebox already and we haven't even warmed up yet! I could bring them back into fashion!

Tonight, I did TF HIIT 25 - yeah, difficult with my legs hurting like they are! All those jump squats and tuck jumps were difficult at best! Owie! After that, I did Ab Circuits Stability Ball Abs and eeked out a couple of pikes! Woot! I did Stretch Max #2 after that! Oh, how good that felt tonight! I need to do that more often, but my workouts put me getting things done so late already!

Tomorrow we are attending our semi-annual wine tasting at Newport Vineyards and I'm going to meet one of my tweeps (Twitter friends)! I'm so excited! I wish I were meeting you guys! We really have to figure that out!

Hi Jane and Lisa!

This will be a hit and run post. Just got done working out and have to get to mom's to help her with my sister's birthday dinner.

Here's my workout from yesterday -
200m run
5 Pull ups
10 Burpee/Clean/Press
15 Goblet Squats
200m Run
21 Swings
12 Pull ups
400m Run
75 Sit ups
400m Run
12 Pull ups
21 Swings
200m Run
15 Goblet Squats
10 Burpee/Clean/Press
5 Pull ups
200m Run

This morning's workout:

4 rounds of 6 reps of each exercise - dumbbell complex - (12x for split jump)
DL
Hammer Curl
Bent over Row
Military Press
Upright Row
Split Jump
Then 5 rounds of 6 reps - back squats
Then KB Swing Progression 4 Rounds - 10 reps each of:
30#, 35#, 44#, 52#

Tricia ~ Have fun at the wine tasting.

Have a great day!

I did my step tape yesterday (really, a tape, on VHS.) and today will be another tape, I'm going to do an oldie with Kathy Smith called Weight Loss Workout, which is a 45 min. Hi-Lo. Its a real blast from the early 90s:p Butt floss, high top shoes, and crimped hair:D I expect to hear boys to men any minute:p Thats this afternoon. This morning is more LSAT prep.

This past week I had more Zig than Zag, so I'm going to be really good next week.

Tricia-I don't think I have ever met a tweep in person. Tell use how it goes.

Jane- Hi!

Alisha

Evening ladies!

Jane - Hope the birthday celebration is lots of fun! Awesome workouts!

Alisha - LOL! Love the butt floss leotards! I'm sure they're great workouts! How'd the latest test prep go?

We had a blast at the wine tasting! We were there from 11 to almost 3:30! It was fun to sip and chat with someone I have so much in common with! The cool thing is that we didn't talk about workouts all day! Different stuff and had a great time! Tasted all the wines and then some! lol Since we were there so late, I did not get around to my workout today, so will double up tomorrow with STS Disc 15 Back & Biceps and TF Fire 30. Short cardio so that'll work well, then I'll do Stretch Max 2 again! Love the band stretches!

Have a great night!

Hi ladies,
I haven't done anything but ride and walk this week. I need to get back on track with workouts and eating next week. Hope you all are doing great.

Tricia - Sounds like fun.
Alisha - Good luck, glad Mom is feeling better.
Jane - Nice workout, hope birthday dinner is fantastic.

Lisa

Hey Lisa!

Riding and walking sounds like so much fun, especially on the beach! Enjoy it! This week went by pretty fast for you didn't it?

I caught up all my workouts this week. Did STS Disc 15 Back & Biceps today and my Turbo Fire 30. Tomorrow is Chest, Shoulders and Triceps Disc 16! Well on my way!

Lisa- Don't worry, the track is always there for you when you want to get back on it!

Tricia-Good job!

I did Step Heat this afternoon. I'm aiming for an early fun run tomorrow. The weather is finally co-operating. I always feel so good after my workouts, even if I puked. I don't always feel good in the middle, but always good after.

Alisha

Hi Alisha! I love Step Heat! I hope you get a great run in tomorrow! Our weather continues to give us one good day, then cold and rainy again. Sigh. At least tomorrow we should be in the low 70s. Will wait ti see if it rains, too. I did STS Disc 16 tonight - chest shoulders and triceps. A great workout! Tomorrow is Turbo Fire HIIT 15. Really short, but really intense! I plan to put my all and then some into that one!

Hi Lisa and Jane! Happy Monday!

Good Morning,

I missed the last 2 days of posting. Yikes!!

Sunday I ran 8 miles.

Yesterday I swam for 40 minutes. The water felt great!

Today is a rest day.

Alisha ~ I always feel better after my workouts too! I try to remember that when I don't feel like working out.

Lisa ~ I'm glad you enjoyed your week of riding and walking. You'll get back on track in no time.

Tricia ~ Glad you enjoyed your wine tasting. We have a small cheese/wine shop that opened recently and they have wine and cheese tastings all the time. I will have to check it out. They also have a farm and make their own cheese.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

I think today will be a yoga day. Tomorrow will be a jog/walk/jog day.

Tricia-I did the stretchy band stretch max yesterday, you are right, that one is a lot of fun.

Jane-Its not warm enough yet to swim here.

Evening ladies!

Jane - I think its awesome that they make their own cheese - even if I don't like it! Stephen would love that! You should definitely go sometime! Let me know how it is!

Alisha - I thought I was doing that one again tonight, but ended up on the stability ball! It was good too anyway! I need the band for my hamstrings which are just so tight all the time!

Tonight I also did TF HIIT 15 - put everything I had into it and it was awesome! I did S&H abs after that and my stretch! Tomorrow is Legs Disc 17. I'm on a roll!

Hi Lisa!

Tricia- Like a rolling stone? or a rolling ball?

Jane- I love cheese!

I did not joggle this morning. I felt awful last night so I down graded it to a 4 mile hike with monster hills and Suzanne Deason's AM Yoga for weight loss. I plan to do the PM session before bed tonight.

I will be in San Francisco tomorrow, so I don't think I will get any real exercise. I anticipate getting a jog/walk/jog on Friday. Saturday will probably be Kick Max.

Hi,

I am doing running intervals after work tonight - 16 of them with 30 seconds of rest in between. Then I am doing 21-15-9 reps of swings and ball slams.

It's hot outside but the humidity is still low so it doesn't feel so bad. We haven't had rain in a long time.

Tricia ~ I actually toured their farm a couple of years ago. This is before they had the store. I loved seeing their goats. So cute.

I'm glad you are rolling along with week. Yay!

Alisha ~ Your hike sounded awesome! Have fun in SF.

Hi Lisa!

Last edited:
Alisha - Sorry you had a bad night! Glad you're feeling a bit better though! Enjoy SF! I'm going to say I'm rolling like a stone, especially after legs tonight! lol

Jane - How was your workout tonight? Goats are cute! If you really need rain, I'd be happy to send some down your way!

Legs were killer tonight! It's going to be fun to see how I do on TF tomorrow night! When my legs hurt, it's so hard to do all those jumps! Ouch!

Have a great night!

35 seconds work/20 seconds rest - 4 Rounds

Swings
Cleans (2 kbs)
Goblet Squat
Push Press (2 kbs)
Swing
Front Squat (2 kbs)
Swing
Back Rows (2 kbs)

My neighbor across the street stopped by to tell my sister and I that we looked great and were inspiring. I keep inviting him over for a workout. He is a big guy so maybe one of these days.

Tricia ~ The workout last night was great...NOT...it was killer. Those running intervals are brutal. The last couple of rounds were horrible. Then I had to pull out my big kb and swing the beast. I was sucking air at the end of those.

Hope your legs hold up for tonight's workout.

Hi Alisha - Hope you are having fun in SF.

Hi Lisa!

Hi Jane!

A workout isn't good unless you're about to fall down at the end, right? Legs made it beautifully through Turbo Fire tonight! I started out a bit low on energy, by the end, I had gotten my 2nd wind and was doing great!

It's pretty foggy outside tonight. I'm a bit worried about Stephen coming home because he's on the motorcycle tonight. Hope this fog clears before time for him to head home!

Alisha - Hope you're not having too much fun in SF without us!
Hi Lisa!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.