MAY 2011 JOGGLERS!

syzygy314

Cathlete
Well, we've made it to May! The 5th month of the year! Just think, next month will be halfway through! Ugh. I don't like to think about winter coming again already! :(

I did STS Disc 10 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps tonight and man, those overhead press drop sets at the end almost killed me! I made it through the first 10, then only 5, and only 6 in the next 2 sets! I could not get them up by the end! Guess I wore them out before I got there! :eek:

How was your day?

Happy May!!!

Here's my workout for yesterday. I'm not sure what I'm doing today.

3 sets of 12 reps

Bicep Curls
Anchored Sit ups w/kb
KB Push Press 12/12
Russian Twists
Bent over Rows 12/12
Pullovers w/kb
Upright rows w/kb
Oblique Crunches
Tricep Extensions
Windmills 12/12
Bonus - 50 double swings

Don't worry about winter yet! You haven't even enjoyed the summer.

Good job on the workout last night!

Hi Lisa and Alisha!

Its a good thing that somebody started it! I was out of town and I did not even get my lap top out of my bag! I could have left it at home. We enjoyed our trip to San Luis Obispo. My little cousin offered me a job in her jewelry shop, but I am going to decline because my Uncle and I are like oil and water. Not a good mix;) I don't want to create any drama. He has often told me and my brother that we were horrible for 'living off our parents', which isn't really true. My brother is on the autism spectrum and has PTSD. He also has a sleep disorder. No one expected him to be able to live alone. He is actually highly functional. I work with my Dad in the family business. They do cut me a check and I live with them. It takes all four of us to wrangle our 6 acres. So, the idea of accepting money from their family rubs me the wrong way. I would sooner hop in bed with a porcupine.;):D

My Auntie turned 60 and we had a big surprise party. She was not as surprised as we would have liked but she did not know that we (my brother and I) were coming. I had a burger on Saturday, fried green tomatos and grits on Monday and chinese food later. I had the double fried pork which is pork, cabbage, hot chilis and black bean sauce.

I did not get a single workout in from Saturday up until yesterday. I did CCC yesterday. I will probably go for a very long hike today. Its warm and my calves are sore from yesterday's plyos.

I put in my pre-order. I also added Kick Max and used the 15% off coupon. That gave me free shipping. I did not order the cycle disc, I don't have a cycle to use or room for one. I can't really afford it but its a lot cheaper than therapy, a gym membership or a heart attack.

I am so glad to be home. Gah, I hate people, except Cathletes, geeks and my brother.

Alisha

Jane - Love the workout! I know I shouldn't be thinking that far ahead, but I just can't get over how far we are into 2011 already! It seemed to be dragging like crazy from March through the end of last month and all of sudden, I'm realizing we're in May! Funky Physics is what I call it! lol

Aiisha - Family can make the simplest things seem so stressful! I hate when they opine on things that they don't have all the facts of! Let it roll off your back! I'm glad the party went well! Nice work on your food while you were gone! Congrats on the pre-order. I wonder how many people will get the cycling one? Not too many of us are lucky enough to have spin bikes at home or a gym membership to use one! I agree that it's cheaper to order workouts than pay a therapist/gym membership/medical bills! I hear August 31st is the expected release date? Who knows, maybe I'll come into some cash by then!

Well, I did STS Disc 11 tonight! I can't believe I have one more disc and I'm done with M1! Not sure about rest week yet, but I'm toying with yoga, puppy walks and Dance Central on Kinect. I'm worried the pups will get used to going for a walk every day and I just won't have time to work out AND take them walking. I already don't eat until almost 8 p.m. as it is! So, that schedue might change. Any suggestions?

Hi Lisa! Hi Cindi!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Anyone go out for Mexican food and margaritas tonight?

I got to sit around and watch the gas guys come and go while they replaced our gas line. Yippee! Was on a great run this week for getting all my workouts in, but I had no idea how often they'd need to be in and out of the house so I didn't want to be in a sports bra and shorts. Stephen had a final at school so he couldn't stay. At least they're almost done! I have STS Disc 12 tomorrow. Legs will burn the calories off tomorrow night that's for sure! I can do an extra workout on Sunday to make up for the missed one tonight. It was supposed to be Turbo Fire 55. I'll do that.

How was your day, Alisha? Jane, I get to see you on FB, so get a good night's sleep and I'll be cheering for you on your race!

Hopefully will see something from you two tomorrow!

Hi Lisa!

I had a day off yesterday, I was just hurting in my calves. Hard to walk. How does Cathe do it? She seems so innocent and nice. You do the workout, you think that wasn't so hard. Then, bammo. Walkin' like a little old lady. I plan to go for a hike this morning and get some yoga this afternoon. I will be spending the day studying for my exam. Most exams only take a few weeks or months, this one takes 6, to prepare for.

Tricia- I did not do much for Cinco de Mayo. I didn't even eat a taco.

Hi everybody!!! Its Friday!

Alisha

TGIF!!!

I took a rest day yesterday as tonight I am doing a 5K race for Gnat Days!!! Only in South Georgia would they honor the Gnat. Yes, they also have Rattlesnake Roundup, Mule Days, the Fire Ant Festival and other odes to insects, animals and fruit!! LOL!!

Alisha ~ If there is one thing I've learned it is never to work with relatives....ever! You are a smart cookie!!

We are glad you are home too!!! Enjoy your Friday!

Tricia ~ Nope...no celebrations for Cinco de Mayo. No taco and no margaritas. I kinda forgot about it.

This has been a quiet day so far. Everyone is in a meeting and I am by myself listening to the meeting because I have no choice as I am right by the conference room and they won't shut the door. I'm leaving at 4 today so I can get home, change, eat something and get to the race.

Hi Lisa!

TGIF!!

Hey you two!

Oh, well, we never get to go out and celebrate CdeM. It always falls at an odd time and there's always something else Stephen has to do.

Alisha - I know what you mean Cathe! She's all innocent and motivating, then WHAM! I won't be able to move tomorrow and I have Turbo Fire 55 on tap! That's going to be fun! A nice walk and yoga ought to help those calves! Study away!

Jane - I hate when they won't shut the door! I usually just get up and do it for them! If I don't, I can't hear my dictation. I sure miss those funny festivals down South! Hope you did well in your race tonight!

I finished Meso 1 today! I like the 3 1/2 month rotation so much better! Looking forward to rest week!

Have a fabulous weekend ladies!

Jane- I hope your race went well.

Tricia-TF seems like fun to me, I just haven't bought it yet. I live vicariously through these forums, everybody seems to have a good time with discs and gear I don't have yet. Its good motivation to get a new job;)

Lisa- Hi! I hope you have had a good ride or doggle.

I plan to go for a jog/walk in the AM. My calves are feeling better. Sheesh, I really don't normally have a set of doms from plyos! :eek:

Hi ladies!

It's my weekly checkin at this point :) I got in several good dog walks - starting things out slow with the Nellster and making sure we only walk/run when temps are cool. Nell is doing great - biopsy report came back benign and she laid on her back while I took her stitches out this morning. She's such a good girl. I have to go to Raleigh tomorrow for four days so dropped the dogs off at the kennel this afternoon. I hate to leave them behind.

I did Pump Thursday (took Tuesday and Wednesday off because my dad was here to visit). Did SuperSet upper body blast yesterday and a low body medley today (lower body from Providence, Bum Bum Rapido plus bandwork from High and Tight). I may do a CC this evening.

What does everyone think about Cathe's new workout series? I haven't spent enough time online to know much about them except they are supposed to be low impact. Are they all cardio or is there weight lifting involved too?

Lisa

Hi Everyone!

The race last night was great. I saw lots of my running buddies. I finished 2nd in my age group. Wow..Gnat Days was a great day for that race. There were tons!! I don't remember the gnats being that bad last year.

This morning we did another 5K. We almost missed it. We left in my sister's car but it was acting up so went to get mine. Her car died at the end of the block so we had to haul all our stuff out of it and run to my car. We got there in 10 minutes. Great race...I got my 2nd best 5K time. It only took me 3 years. I got 1st in my age group.

I just got done doing the Crossfit Murph workout. 1 mile run, 100 jumping pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats and 1 mile run. Put a fork in me girls...I am done.

Hi Lisa - Glad to see you here! It sound like everything is going well for you. I'm so happy to hear about Nellie!

I think Cathe's series has a weight workout, yoga, barre and I think the rest is cardio.

Hi Alisha - glad to hear your calves are better. Hope you had a nice run.

Hi Tricia!!

Lisa- It sounds like you have been really busy. I'm glad Nellster is ok.

Jane-Congrats on a great race!

Tricia- Hi!

I did get my run in yesterday. I did a run/walk/run. I will be making breakfast for my Mom (of course.) I think today will be a rest day. Tomorrow will be another run/walk.

Alisha

Ooh, I knew I had missed a day or two, but wow! :eek:

Lisa - Great on the dog walks! I'm so happy to hear the great news about Nellie! I know that is such a relief for you! You know, I've looked at the new workouts, but have yet to retain the info! lol

Jane - Am so glad that you did well in your races! I can only imagine that you were totally spent after the Murph workout! That looked so seriously hard!

Alisha - Nice of you to cook for your mom!

I wish all our Moms a very Happy Mother's Day! They all deserve to be treated especially well on more than just one day!

Loaded up with good, whole, fresh foods for the week and am making some lentil soup for dinner. Have decided my rest week will be running every day (as much as I can), alternating yoga and abs as my add on each day. Hopefully, I haven't lost as much as I'm afraid I have in my running!

Enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend!

I forgot to post yesterday:eek:. I took a rest day...somewhat. We made mom brunch and opened presents and the sisters and I went out and worked in her yard for over 2 hours. I was pretty well spent after that.

I plan on working out today but I'm not really sure what I will be doing. We are waiting to find out about my sister's car today. Her car is my aunt's old car and is a 1998 Buick Regal. I don't think she will want to put too much $$$ into it so it depends on what the mechanic says. We went to the Dodge dealership to look at Chargers (that is one sweet car) and she is interested in a Terrain too. She has some GM dollars that are worth it to go with the Terrain unless Dodge makes a better offer. So working out is up in the air right now.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. I am so sleepy.

I did not run this morning, I will do it this afternoon. Its raining and 40 deg. :( Ahh, jeez!!! Tomorrow will be some Cathe, step probably a mish mosh. I'm thinking the Step Only premix from SJP + the second half of MIC (step only). That would be weird. I've never done that.

Jane- I am still driving the car my Dad got me when I was 19. My trusty 97 white T bird. It needs a transmission and maybe some struts. But, I haven't gotten rid of it cause its been there for me all this time.

Tricia-Isn't funny, those of us who run think of a run-every-day as a rest!:D:p

Lisa- I know you only pop in once/week now, but have a good doggle!!

Jane - Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day! Hope your sister's car was salvagable or she got a great deal on a new one! Sleep well tonight and wake with tons of energy tomorrow!

Alisha - Yikes! 40! I've been complaining about being in the 50s! Hope you had a nice run this afternoon! I'd do all I could to keep a T-Bird up and running! Nice!

Ladies, I managed to run 3.21 miles tonight with only 2 very short breaks - the first one was because my Bondi Band had slipped off my head and I was about to lose it! The second I probably could have run through, but I got distracted and fell out of my zone. I still did it in 32 minutes! Woo-hoo! I came home and did one 13 minute segment of Shiva Rhea Beginner Flow. Slow and easy is what I say! Food has been great today, but I did have 2 small glasses of red wine. Good for my heart anyway, right?

I have a coach call tomorrow, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Stephen is finally done with spring semester, so he'll be home when I get in from work! YAY!!!!!!!! Only for a week, then he starts summer semester. Those are shorter though, so that'll be good.

Have a fabulous evening, sleep well and i'll see you all tomorrow!

Good Morning,

I'm feeling more rested this morning.

My sister's car was fixable so she decided to have it repaired instead of buying a new one. It's more cost effective to pay what she had to pay to have it repaired rather than buy a new one.

This is the workout I did last night. It was HOT and there are still lots of gnats flying around.

40, 30, 20, 10 reps of:
Weighted Sit ups
Swings
Walking Lunges (each leg)

Tonight I am going swimming. It will be the first swim of the year. Hopefully the water won't be too cold. It shouldn't be though because it's been inthe 80s and 90s and the mornings have been in the 70's.

Alisha ~ Yikes...40's!! I hope it warms up soon.

Tricia ~ Great run last night!! You have a good start and will be logging those miles in no time.

Hi Lisa!

Have a great day!

It warmed up for my run/walk. My right leg is a bit tender, on Saturday, I had an issue with my toenails and had to walk barefoot for some of it and I don't know what I did, but my hip flexor is not happy. So, I might just go for a hike later today, rather than a run or a step workout. I think I will do some yoga this morning. It got warm just as I went out the door yesterday. We had thunder, lightening and cloud bursts all afternoon.

Jane- I completely understand your sister's decision, it would cost more to buy a new car than to get my fixed, so I am not doing it. Enjoy your swim.

Jane - Glad your sister's car was fixable! A new car's expenses can really add up! You had a great workout yesterday! Hope your swim is nice!

Alisha - Sorry about your leg/hip issues. Maybe your hip flexor is just sore from overcompensating for your toes? Hopefully, some stretching will do the trick!

Took the day off today. I had a coach call and then I helped Stephen move the other old couch out of the house so we could put the tatami couch together. We needed a new one so desperately! The one we really wanted was $4000, which we couldn't come close to affording, so we found this great site that sells all Japanese style furniture and they had these great tatami ones that double as a bed. Brings back memories of when we lived in Japan when I was little!

Anyway, my legs are sore from yesterday's run and so are my obliques! I always forget about that part! Will be going out for another run tomorrow!

Have a fab night ladies! Hi Lisa!

Rest day

I had planned a joggle but I need a rest so its a rest day. I will joggle tomorrow/Saturday. Friday will be some sort of Cathe workout. It will be Kick Max, one of the premixes.

My Kick Max arrived yesterday. I thought it wouldn't come until the pre-sale stuff had arrived, but it came all by itself. Go figure. Not that I'm complaining. It will be fun to do a new Cathe (new to me.)

Tricia- You always have such adventures! How did your family come to be in Japan when you were little? My obliques get sore on my runs too. Less now, I think that doing Cathe's core work has helped me in that dept.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.