Marvelous Moms & their equally Marvelous Babes 5/2

Lorren- I turn 31 on July 27th. I have gotten great results with STS so far! I am on Week 2 of Meso 2 and I am loving lifting heavy! My arms have become really cut from Meso 1. I am just starting to notice some definition in my legs but I don't feel like the leg work is challenging although I am very sore after. I do Insanity on alternating days when I can fit it in. I would probably have even better results if my cardio was more consistent. I would rather lift weights than do cardio. :D

Melanie- How are the cloth diapers going?

Susan- Have you tried a saline rinse with Kara? James absolutely hates them but I think it helped him to breathe better. We did them three times a day when he was sick.

Allison- I actually thought Sunshine looked cute. :p But then again, I am a flip flop, jeans and tank top kind of gal and have absolutely NO fashion sense. Corn rows def have to go! I think Michael and Koli are attractive also. Sam too. Shoulda shaved Darius' head!

OMG Allison! I totally agree, Sam is very handsome. I never saw that coming (him and Stephanie) but I'm glad they have that long journey in common. At some point, I thought that him and Sunshine had someting but apparently not. I felt so bad for Michael, even thou he's not my favorite by any means I'm glad he's still there, he needs it real bad.

My ankle is kinda of acting up when I twist my foot inward, i don't know if that makes sense, but I am still working out at my own pace ;)

Jen, I'm curious to see your pics, I have to wait until I get home since I can't use FB at work. You surely work hard!

I totally agree Jen,on liking to do weights more than cardio! my favorite way to get cardio in is running-but compared to the runners here my runs are wimpy!!;)

Melanie,
I had typed a whole message about cloth diapers but somehow I lost it. I Have used cloth diapers with all my kids except the oldest.

Aw Kendra! I would have loved to have read your cloth diaper comments. :( Maybe when you have more time you can re-write it?

So far I don't mind it at all. This is the EZ stage though...as my girls only poop like once a week. You shake off lose poop into toliet and they get laundered. It really doesn't bother me much (the poop). So far I'm only using them on my days off...until I get a system down I don't want to bother DH with them. I won't push him into it either, we'll still save lots even if we just do it part time when I'm home.

Anyone do RevAbs yet? Are all the workouts 40 minutes or less? Christine I got your package today, thank you! Do you think I could tag them onto running fairly easy. The dude doesn't seem too irritating to me, I think I can handle him. ;)

Jen, yeah on the definition!

Precila, Jen looks marvelous! And NO stretch marks. Oh my....am I full of them. Most are below my belly....but I have them on my back, thighs, breasts, and probably even my wrists if I look close enough. lol

lorrenh05, what was your first name again? I'm sorry....I'm so bad with names. I'm the opposite of you (and others here)....I'm more of a cardio junkie than strength training. I am planning on doing CharLEAN Xtreme in the Fall though after running season slows down.

Susan, i"m lucky my girls haven't gotten sick yet....but there's a battery operated snot remover thing that people SWEAR by. I know it sounds funny, but I've heard nothing but positive things from people who have used them.

I'm off to eat some steamed brussel sprouts. Yum!

I have always enjoyed using cloth diapers. There's a sense of peace knowing that you don't have to worrying about running out. I love that it saves money. To me it is not that much extra work. I find folding diapers relaxing. I have always used disposables at night. I'm cheap so I use prefolds and Snappis. The diapers have been passed down so it saves me even more. I did quit cloth diapers after my late husband passed. I had to change a lot of things then. Jacob only has a couple more packs of diapers left from the baby shower. When those are almost gone I'll start back cloth diapers.

Lorren- I love to run but I'm right there with ya! (Raises hand) Definitely a wimpy runner here! But I love love Insanity so I am hoping that increases my cardio output.

Melanie and everyone else- Thank you for all the compliments! You don't know how much it means to me. Especially when I get to feeling down about myself.

We contemplated using cloth diapers but decided on disposables. They seemed so much easier.

Mel, I did Revabs and so far, I think its okay. I did do STS abs weights and plates tonight and absolutely LOVED it! It was hard and you know me, I like a challenge. :D Keeps me coming back for more!

I did Pure Cardio tonight from Insanity. I really like that one cause its straight cardio.

CHristine- Made the pasta dish and LOVED it! It was so quick and easy!! Thank you!

PRiscila- SOrry to hear your ankle is acting up again.

Okay gotta go. James is beating on the keyboard trying to help type.

g m,kkjjlihyug5dtf That was James saying Hi ladies!

Jen, are all the RevAbs 40 minutes or less? And, "akldsjasifudasovbhjqiohr" back at you, James! :D

Kendra, I don't mind the cloth ones one bit. I have the nubuns branded ones. They have colorful shells and snaps that make them "one size fits all". They use inserts. I have been using disposibles at bedtime as well. I think it's funny how big their butts look in cloth diapers! I LOVE how my cloth diapers are stretchy & have velcro closures!

Hey, ladies. I have to tell you how much I enjoy checking in with all of you! DH has been a major ass (sorry, no way to sugarcoat it) ever since he did something way outside of his box nice by bringing me flowers for Mother's Day. I'm feeling incredibly frustrated, sad, and ticked, and where do I go to feel better? To the check-in to read about what you all have been doing! You all make me smile everyday!! I couldn't agree more with what Melanie mentioned a few days ago----how great it would be if we all lived close and could get together!

Melanie-you made me laugh with your comment back to James...it had me saying "THAT'S the Melanie I remember! So glad you are still feeling good and that's awesome that your milk is increasing.

Lorren-Welcome! I'm a 28yr old mom of 2--Caden is 20months and Reese (girl) is 3 months. I work outside the home full-time. I'm with you and Jen and consider myself a wimpy runner! I only do 3-4 miles..and I have to take a couple little walking breaks.

Christine-your meals make my mouth water. THe wet diaper thing is rough....Caden has always been a diaper leaker--no matter which diaper we try, including the overnights. His diapers are SO full, especially in the AM.

Jen-I love Pure Cardio, too. I'm not such a fan of the ones where I repeat the same things over and over. All of your STS talk has me wanting to do those again. I never did the series as designed. I've been giving up the weights though for awhile and doing bands instead.

Priscila-I am not an animal person by any means, so it would take a small miracle for me to let one stay in the house. Hope you can get your ankle straightened out..take it easy

Allison-nice to "see" you again! Happy Anniversary!!!

Kendra-I can only imagine how many diapers you've washed over the course of the years!

Susan-hope you feel better soon! My throat has been a mess for several days. yuck.

Off tomorrow and working Saturday....hope to check in again soon. Good night!

Thanks Lisa! I am feeling so much myself. :D

Lorren~I'm 36 & have 3 boys & twn baby girls (16,6,4 and 5.5 months). I work 30hrs/week as a pharmacist (but commute another 9 hrs/week). I enjoy my job but SAHM would be my dreamjob. I've been married 18+ years & my DH is a stay-at-home Daddy. I love to talk about fitness & sex (although the later is nonexistent nowadays).

Gotta share with you my rookie move today. I did "repeats" today for my race training. It's 15 minutes warm-up jog, then 1 minute fast (8 out of 10 exersion) followed by 2 minute slow jog. Then you "repeat" however many times are on the schedule (this week it was "two"). Lastly you do a 15 minute jog at end. Well, I ran about 3.5 miles but it didn't seem very hard....and I told my running buddy. Come to find out that I was supposed to do 1 MILE fast followed by 2 MILES slow jog (not mere minutes). It was kinda a downer b/c I feel like I "wasted" my workout today. What a dork I am. lol :eek:

Alrighty ladies, I'm working next two days so not sure how much I'll be on here. Behave!

HI
I havent been this sick in YEARS! I think I got a mutant version of what Haley had. My chest and head are so congested I can't sleep. I am drinking some hot green tea now trying to loosen things up. K was up nursing a few min ago and is up now...

Aww Susan! Hugs and feel better!!! This cold season really is tough!

Melanie- I thought the same thing Lisa did about "Mel is back!" :D Now, if we could just get you talking about sex again, the earth would be back on its axis. :p I have only done two of the revabs (cannot remember which ones) and they were about 40 minutes. Its just too long of an "add on" for me after Insanity or STS. I think it would be a great workout on its own when you are short on time. There is some cardio with ab work.

Lisa- I'm sorry about DH. I'm confused (and probably just read your post wrong).... Has DH been an ass AND THEN he brought you flowers or did he bring you flowers and then turn into an ass?? Either way, bah!

Christine- Hope you got some sleep!

I'll check back later! Waves!!!

Melanie hasn't been talking about her need to go to the bathroom either!!

DH comes home TODAY. I am losing my mind. 6 days and 5 nights alone with my own kids is too much for me :p

allison- holy cow, i would be drunk, on fire, and babbling if i had done 6 days solo! hope you get a really great mothers day. you deserve it!
lisa- hope dh is being better. i was confused too. iu think he brought you flowers then was an ass? i secretly hope mt dh forgets mothers day so he will be on better behavior to make up for it!
dh had a friend from work stay with us for two days, he was here from new jersey. nice enough guy, but has no kids and just got engaged, he is 35. i can attest that he is not one of the people on this planet that should have them.. dh and him talked and ignored the kids and i played the role of sweaty sahm. he is gone and he can stay in a hotel next time!!!!!!!!!!
today is no exercise, 20 miles with hills tomorrow, agh!
mel- i loved the rookie story! i am glad you are back! i do miss the poop and nookie talk!
susan- get well! i bet your body is run down with everything you have going on. booooo!
jen- so glad you liked the pasta. i make most meals just throwing goodies together!
priscilla- glad you are healing! daniel is rolling over, yay! john is not, and i am not looking forward to my bleeder being on the move!
lorren- i am a sahm in northern california, have a 4 yr old boy and a 4 month old boy. i am 34.
ok, one handed typing sucks, bbl!

My mom's coming to dinner tomorrow night for a Mother's Day dinner. Yay! We are grilling steak and I will make the black bean salad that Christine posted with some crusty bread. Simple enough right?

Susan- Agree on being run down. Get rest!

Christine- Dh owes you now after the friend's visit. Don't take an inch, take a mile!

Allison- I couldn't imagine six days alone with kids. :eek:

My throat feels weird again. I think I will slit my wrists (joking people) if I am getting sick AGAIN! I hope it is just leftover from the cold last week. STS weights tonight. Oh, got a compliment today "You look better now than before you had James" :D

Jen- I want to come over for dinner! I think that you will love the black bean salad. So easy and so fresh. I bet it feels so great to get such wonderful compliments. yOu have earned it! Having kids makes us stronger and better!
Jimmy is currently cleanign the whole house with wipees. He is excited that we are going to have a lazy day, which means no run, no errands, just hangign out adn doing crafts and bike rides. We might go to the park to play soccer, too.
I splurged and got myself some expensive cute jeans and love them. THey are a little big, but I like them roomier so that my muffin top does not wave at me every time I sit down.
John had two jars of prunes at breakfast, so maybe it is a blessing that we stay home today, because that diaper is going to be thermonuclear.
For the cloth mommas, I got to hand it to you. NO way I would do it! My kid poops gallons, and nothing about it rolls off. I actually leave a huge carbon imprint every time I change poop. I wrap each poop diaper in ziplocs and do not skimp on wipees. I make up for it in other ways!!!! Hats off to the cloth mammas. Whew. I would barf.
Last night, I was really hungry about 8pm, made a HUGE bowl of popcorn. Just as it was ready, JOhn screamed, so I had to go rock him back to sleep. I came back down and DH and friend had eaten ALL of it. I was so annoyed. Anyhow, I slept in Jimmys room. I know it sounds petty. But I ran almost 9 miles and did imax 3 and did normal sweaty mom stuff. They ate my whole snack. and then DH said, well honey, you can just have a protein bar. Oh thanks. anyhow, I slept great in his room last ngiht, JOhn slept till 4, I fed him and brought him in bed with us and he slept till 6 and woke up smiling.
okay, okay, got to go pay atention to jimmy!

Christine - your day sounds fun! I love days with no plans-just the kids!! To cute on cleaning the house with wipees- my kids do that to my car windows-thinking they are helping so much and they look horrible after!! ;)

Jen-your dinner sounds delish! thats a great compliment too- its always fun to know the hard work is paying off....i really need to get my butt in gear and drop the last of my weight off! I got preg with my last baby when my 3rd was only 7 months -so it was kinda a double whammy...whoo hoo!!;)

susan- i hope you are feeling better-its NOT fun to be down,and us moms
dont usually get to just lay around if we arent feeling 100 %!

well off to get some work done...might get a run in too..oh btw,did my 1st sts workout yesterday! soo many pushups and i am feeling it today!:rolleyes:

Jen and Christine--surprisingly enough, DH acted like that AFTER the flowers..it's like he didn't want to ruin his image and look like he was temporarily sweet. He's not into mushy things like flowers...it was the 4th time I had gotten them in the 8 years we've been together...he doesn't do gifts, flowers, cards, etc. Things are worked out for now.

Christine-I would have been ticked off about the snack...I seem to have issues when people get between me and my food :). hmm...maybe that's why I'm still holding on to these 5lbs...

Jen-Enjoy your time with your mom!

Susan-how are you feeling this morning? Hope you feel well enough to enjoy your Mother's Day weekend!

Allison-6 days without DH????? I'd go crazy! Well, I wouldn't go crazy without DH for 6 days...just being with my kids for that long :)

Lorren-when was your 3rd child born? I also got pregnant within 7 months...just when I felt like I was starting to get my belly trim again! I feel like I'm holding on to mid-section thickness so much longer this time, though I'm also nursing (not even close to exclusively) more than I did with Caden.

Happy Saturday waves to all! Off to work until 3 and then to my parents' until Monday. We're visiting my grandmas on Sunday...5 hours of driving tomorrow. Hope the kids are good! I haven't seen them since Caden was 2 months old, so I'm well overdue. Have a great day....and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND!!!!

Lisa- Have a safe trip and enjoy your visit! Aren't our DH's weird? Mine seemed to be in a mood yesterday too until I called him out on it. ((Shrugs shoulders))

Christine- Come on over! Dinner will be ready at 6pm. Might even splurge and have a beer. :D That is adorable about Jimmy and the wipees. I hope James learns to clean....

Lorren- This is just curiousity and you don't have to share if you aren't comfortable but how much do you have to lose? Or do you just need to firm up?

Susan- Hope you are feeling better. I know you have a lot to do but try to rest!

Off to get my hair done and go to a birthday party. Be back later. Happy Saturday!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.