Marvelous Moms & their equally Marvelous Babes 5/2

melanalyus

Cathlete
Just wanted to get us started. I'm determined to get out of this funk....so I will be pushing myself thru a run this AM. It's cold & rainy outside but I don't care. I need endorphins!!!! Wish me luck!

Waves to all my favorite mommies!!!

John slept great again, from 7pm till 4am. He got up and ate and then played in his crib till I got him at 5:30. DH got lucky in the interim so today will be a great day. We were at the taco place yesterday adn John LOVED the guacamole. Jimmy was like that too, I just have to look out for some explosive muchy poop! He also ate a whole jar of veggie beef dinner last night. The kid is a piggy. It is supposed to be 80 degrees and gorgeous today. DH is headed out for a long run, I am takign teh kids for about 10 miles. We are going to set up the outdoor water slide for jimmy. He will get so excited. Then we are headed out for burgers and beers for lunch. I weighed in sub 130, so got to beef up a little (with a turkey burger of course)!
Melanie- we are always here for you. Sleep is elusive for me as well. I wake about 15 times a night. I usually just go from room to room and crawl in with a kid to snuggle till I sleep. I miss that first trimester dead to the world sleep!
Jen- Your story cracked me up. I had to read it to DH. Hope today is great for all of you. Babies LOVE pools and water. I am excited to see pics of james all decked out in his gear and in teh water. THere is a baby bjorn you can even wear in teh pool, which is great when they are squirmy! John is going in the baby pool part of the waterslide today, he just does not know it yet.
Lisa- Hope you get a great day off!
Susan- Happy packing! Oh, and as for the lentils, I add spices when I steam them, garlic pepper usually. I love wrapping them in a pita, too. With avocado, mmmmmmm!

Morning!
We had tornadoes all around us yesterday evening/night..but we are here!
K slept good last night 9-5 then til 8! I packed a good 2 hours before she got up. I am not a good sleeper either. I woke up at 4 ready to roll but stayed in bed til 5 when K got up. I think I got 6 hours total .
Christine yayy for John sleeping! I will try and spice up my lentils! I put my sloppy jos in pita..mmm. Today I had this for lunch. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Addictive-Sweet-Potato-Burritos/Detail.aspx and it was YUUMMMO! I thought about putting some lentils in it too but wanted to try it out first.
Melanie-hope the blaahs go away! I am fighting them too. I am wanting to be lazy and eat...but made myself pack this morning and so far Im feeling ok. I do not like being out of my routine and I know the next month or so is gonna be tough.. I CANNOT let it get me down!
Jen-funny toilet story! Hope things selttled down and you are having a great time!
off to try and pack!

Susan~hope you can dodge the blahs, they suck. I can normally push through them, this is different for me. You do have alot ahead of you, girl! Supercharge vibes going your way!

Jen~ I wouldn't have brought the dog. Not an animal lover. Sorry. I'd bring my kiddos though! lol

Christine~I hope your taking day off of working out today....after your run yeste4rday you deserve it! I LOL when I read your comment about 1st trimester slumber! You certainly got that right, slept like a rock!

I ran 4.25 miles and it felt good to move! I'm trying really hard not to drink another Mountain Dew (had one before my run). I would like to reserve Mountain Dew for times when I really need them. Caffeine doesn't work well when it's overutilized.

I tried to sleep with DH last night. I tossed & turned until midnight then went to couch & slept much better. :eek:

Boys are antsy to get to the pool. Counting down the minutes since last night!

mel- felt good so ran 10 miles slow, felt good to open up the muscles!
Susan- Just had a bowl of lentils with peppers, feta, and some turkey sausage. want the so easy recipe? thanks for yours! glad you are all safe and sound, that would terrify me!
ok, john so squirmy. gah. bbl.

Christine~ your 10 mile easy run would be tough for me. lol I hope you did it at a slower pace. You are an animal.

melanie- I adore flavored sparkling water, there are no art sweeteners or sugar. but when i cut out soda a few years ago, it gave me the satisfaction of feeling like I got a soda. Maybe you coudl do sparkling water. I know you are ok with art sweeteners, maybe add crystal light to a sparkling water, to make it seem like a mountain dew, but no caffeine? Sometimes you just need a treat! Do you like cranberry juice? I mix that with sparkling water and soem lime juice, mmmmmm. Just thinking maybe something sparkly and fresh will help you feel better. Have a great time at the pool! JImmy has been begging for the waterslide to get set up since we woke up today. Here is what it looks like, we got it at the end of summer last year REAL cheap and it is awesome. We paid only 100 bucks for it.
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1272820319&sr=8-5
I love end of season deals. Especially christmas. I am one of those freaky people who has a giant christmas city with light up houses and stuff, so I get great deals on ebay after the holidays, usually in june and july when peopl eclean out the garage!
Hi to everyone! Cannot wait to hear how you are all doing.

susan- here is the lentil recipe :
http://www.melissas.com/Recipes/Rec...ch-linguica-sausage-and-red-bell-peppers.aspx
I get her stuff at trader joes. in a pinch I love to use them. She has already steamed black eyed peas and lentils. I eat them every day and add them to everything, whenever on hand. There are a TON of soup recipes on her site as well, that you may like...
DH and Jimmy went to the bank. DH ran almost 14 miles today, I am so proud of him. Nothing like some 4am nookie to get a man revved up!
Melanie- Hav eyou tried a body pillow while you adjust to another person in bed? I used pillow mountain to keep my side of the bed cooler and dragon breath free for a few weeks, I do not use it now but enjoyed it. I am proud of you for taking the big step. Have you done yoga? It might help, the breathing could help your energy adn stuff. Just ideas. I get annoying I know. :)

Melanie- YES! I did go much slower, about 9:15. I had the kids and they were so good. Jimmy watched a movie on my ipod and the booger slept. I was in heaven not having to answer to anyone. I went to starbucks after and jimmy and I got some coffee cake. Mmmmm.
Where is DH and jimmy, they left forever ago for hte bank. I am ready to gnaw my arm off, want to get going to eat! Oh, and yesterday, at mile 13 I got chased by a coyote. YEs, really. I was so scared. They get really territorial this time of year, protecting the pups. I was scared like crazy! I thought of that because of the whoel gnawing thing, which made me think of coyote ugly. You know, waking up next to someone so ugly, that you want to gnaw your arm off to get out of there rather than waking them up and having any contact. Not that that would ever happen to perfect little me... ;)

You ladies crack me up! I love just reading through some of these "conversations." Christine and her coyote talk....

Melanie- Our dog was our first "baby" so she goes everywhere we go. Except this trip she had to take a back seat because of James. We haven't hung out on the beach because of James but DH just took her down there now to splash around in the ocean. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I miss the ol sassy Mel. Where'd she go??? :p

Christine- Oh I WANT that water slide! Not just for James but for me!! $100???!!! If you ever see it that cheap can you let me know?? Yay for 4am nookie! I had a big fruity drink down by the pool this afternoon, big ol belly hangin out and all. I don't care...I was still the hottest one down there. Well, besides the 15 yr olds....

James went in the pool again and just loved it. He just hung out in the shade in his bouncy seat while DH and I layed in the sun. I have the strangest sun burn in weird spots. Oh well...It was so nice and relaxing. We are already talking about coming back in July around my birthday. Oh there was some weird guy doing tuck jumps by the pool near these cute blonde girls. It was kinda funny. He was super fit and nice looking but it was a strange way to hit on chicks. :p

James is super zonked so I might join him and then we are off to dinner! I miss you gals and working out. I'll be back in the fitness game again on Tuesday.

Back from the pool. It was fun & I enjoy watching my boys have so much fun! We went to McDs on the way home, I ate an Angus mushroom burger with a chocolate milk.

Christine, your easy pace is my race pace. I am so proud of your hubby running. That is so awesome. The weather is icky here. 40 degrees and windy. I hear you on the chatty kiddos when jogging....I'd tell my boys not to talk to me when I was running. Period. I was kinda strict on it too, b/c you just can't get into the groove when you're answering endless questions.

Jen, I bet you were sexy at the beach. Are you wearing your bikini? I enjoyed going to the pool today knowing that I'm more toned than alot of women at the pool.....and certainly more so than anyone who has an infant (let alone two)!! Exericising rocks!

Contemplating 1/2 Ambien tonight. Which came first? Sleep deprivation or depression? Lack of sleep can cause depression. Depression can cause sleep deprivation. What's a girl to do? lol It's tough to self-doctor. At least I have lots of friends to help me! Oh, Christine...I hate yoga. It's not stimulating enough for me. I know it's healthy and all, just not my thang!

HI!
K only napped 30 min and shes helping me type..so this will be short.
Chritine is there anything you dont like about your bowflex weights? Im reallyt hinkig of selling my handweighs and just using them. do I need both??

Oh Susan~ I'm thinking the same thing (selling my hand weights & stand) to help pay for bowflex dumbbells....I found them for 379 free shipping....let me know if you find them cheaper!

Oh Susan~ I'm thinking the same thing (selling my hand weights & stand) to help pay for bowflex dumbbells....I found them for 379 free shipping....let me know if you find them cheaper!

Nothing that I do not like about the weights, but keep your 1, 2, 3, 5s, just in case, for shoulders and tricep endurance work. I NEVER us my other ones anymor!

I wish I could bottle up my endless energy I get in the evening! I just ordered a new pair of runniing shoes (mine had close to 500 miles) and I'm looking for a July 1/2 marathon to run. I need to get back on track!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.