Lurkers Invitation 2010

Cheryl my core still sore from CM after 3 days:p crazy its a good core work I don't know witch one I like the better STS core or core max?!
I know ha Cathe its so funny!!:p after you meet her in person its so hard "Not to Love her" I wonder if at the end of the day her feet hurts?! I'm going to ask her that next time!:p

Pam I don't know witch one I like more cooking or baking?! maybe the same:D
Your shoulder hurts when you push up over head?! or when you do lateral raises?! Hahaha I had both of them :confused::eek: you should stretch your shoulder hold the stretch for longer time, open your arms behind the door and push, stretching your chest and shoulders do it for 5-8 times or hold a 3# dumbbell on your side facing inside your leg or hip, rotate your shoulder back,you should feel the shoulder blade moving back, when you do that move your hand with the bell its going to be facing out" I wish I can explain my self better so you can get it, those 2 exercise really helped me. I know i' am every time I go to the PT they say "I hope we don't see you again" :p

Look at you two ladies Pam & Cheryl counting red wine as healthy that's a good excuse ha!!! LOL:p
Yesterday I did GS B/B/S OMG this workout really remained me to think with the muscle I'm using my back its sore, well my whole body its sore... a good sore! ;)Well today I'm planning on going to the gym and doing the rowing machine I hope I can stay longer that one its harder then elliptical or treadmill, my DH say the rowing its a whole body workout:eek:

I think yesterday I was up on my feet for to long that it hurt at night oh well!!!
Well ladies have fun don't drink to much wine with out me:p and work, work!!

Busy day yesterday. I didn't even get onto the computer. Yesterday morning it was Low Impact Circut and this morning I did some yoga. I went to a Pampered Chef party yesterday at my neighbours. I love their stuff and it is so hard to not spend a lot LOL. Last night we watched our Vancouver Canucks beat the Chicago Black Hawks. It was 5 - 1 for us. I couldn't believe that we scored that many goals against them. We will see how they play tomorrow night.

Pam It does make you feel better to know Cathe eats unhealthy too sometimes doesn't it. Great minds think alike, I love red wine. I will see how much sitting I do at my new job. I guess one thing is that the office is further away from my transit so I need to walk a bit further.

Eunice How is your ankle doing? Next week I am going to do the Gym Style workouts. I haven't done those is a while and I think it is about time I did. I remember them hurting....:eek:

Have a great Sunday

Cheryl

Eunice I'm not surprised your core was still sore avter 3 days , that was a LOT of ab work. I agree though, I don't know which one is better between CM and STS core. They are both awesome! Good question about whether Cathe's feet hurt at the end of the day, they must!

My shoulder doesn't hurt at all, I just can't lift anything over my head or doing lateral raises. Luckily it didn't cause me any problem in skiing today though. I may have a pinched nerve or something, but you're right I should be stretching it. It's the same shoulder that I carry my computer on every day and I also sleep on my side with my head restin on that arm and the arm stretched over my head, so that probably doesn't help it. We'll see what happens when I try to do shoulder work tomorrow.

How did the rowing machine go yesterday? That is one machine that I have never really done much of.

Cheryl I love pampered chef! I haven't been to a party in awhile though. What did you get? My favorite tool is their tool for breaking up hamburger. I use it all the time. Congrats on the Canucks. I haven't been following hockey at all - I have a hard time staying interested once it starts getting warm outside. My nieces are die hard Red Wings fans so I get their updates on FB. Enjoy those GS workouts this week. They are tough!

Yesterday was the sweet 16 birthday party. We had 14 16 year old girls here from 1:30-10:30! I was amazed at how much noise they could make. My DH said that teenage girls may be the most annoying thing in the world :p They are very nice and sweet when it's just 1 or 2 of them. I think they all had a lot of fun though. They played a bunch of games, including a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood and then watched a movie outside at the end. My DH stretched a sheet across a big piece of styrofoam for the screen and borrowed a projecter from work and it turned out fantastic. It looks like a real theater and he brought speakers outside so they had surround sound too.
Today was my rest day and I got to try out my new water ski. I LOVED it! I skiied the best that I have this year :D Now I'm sitting here once again wondering how the weekend can fly by so fast :(. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Kelly you must have been busy with wedding plans or some other fun all weekend! I'll check back in in the morning.

Pam

Just a quick update with this morning's workout. I did MMA Kickbox this morning. Kind've an easy one which was a good thing because I had a terrible night's sleep. My DH is out of town and I always seem to sleep poorly when he's gone :( I still have to do my S&H shoulder work tonight so we'll see how the shoulder does. I'm guessing it won't do very well given that I was struggling with the 5 lb weight during core work this morning :confused: Happy Monday everyone!
Pam

Morning ladies!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. :) We sure did.
Pam, I hope your shoulder starts feeling better soon. Be careful with it. That skiing sure sounds fun though. :D
Cheryl, hockey fan, huh? Me too :D Unfortunately our Avs are done for the season... :mad: Oh well. They did better than expected, so gotta love that one.
Let's see... Saturday, Thomas was coaching soccer, so I stayed and got my workout in. I was able to get through Imax 3 as is (not using premixes) for the first time since I can't even remember. I was so proud on that one. Just goes to show that even though the scale may be yo-yoing, I am improving in some aspects. I also did Power Hour. Felt awesome after that one. Yesterday I had my Confirmation class in the am, then went and watched Thomas play soccer (They lost, boo! :mad: ),then dinner at my parents place. Got caught up on laundry, etc. Nothing too exciting LOL Though we did look at ideas online for our Save The Date cards

Today I started the Get Ready for Summer rotation -had a slight modification though. I don't have Step Jump and Pump, so I plugged in some step from Cardio Fusion instead. Gotta keep my eating healthy, and I'm ready to see some good results. Today we're going up to a park near the apt and my brother is taking some pics for us, so excited. Getting Thomas to take pics is like pulling teeth LOL

Have an awesome day ladies!

Hey Kelly,

You'll have to let us know how you're likein the Get Ready for Summer rotation. I think the rest of us are planning to start it in a couple of weeks.
The shoulder workout had mixed results tonight. 5 lb seems to be the limit for my right shoulder right now for front raises and overhead presses. So I was doing the normal weight with my left and 5 lb with my right :rolleyes: Hopefully that wasn't a mistake. The only other thing I had to go down in weight on were the little lifts for the rotator - for those I did 3 lb on my right and 5 on my left. No more shoulder work for a week now though so maybe the rest will do it good. I was remembering that I had a really stiff neck for about 3 days too so I wonder if that had something to do with my issue. :confused:
Eunice We have our next mini-vacation planned! :p Back to the beach for more kite boarding the weekend of May 22nd, assuming there is wind. Does it count as a vacation if you don't take any time off work though? I'm thinking it doesn't......

I hope everyone had a great Monday. Cheryl Was this the first day of the new job? How was it? I imagine your head will be swimming for awhile while you learn everything.

Pam

Cheryl thats why I don't go to those kind of party:confused: but good for you! I only have one item from them I have the stone meat loaf pan I like those things!;) Low Impact its a good one pretty tough when you get to do the whole dvd at once. I love those series Low Impact, Body max2, drill max those kick my booty:p
My ankle still not good yet, its like something inside still with a bruise or a cut I don't know I really hope it get better soon:confused: Really? your doing Gym Style ha! that's good and after that Slow & Heavy?!;)

Pam I'm glad you was able to skiing with out pain. I hope you don't have to go Physical Therapy:confused:
The rowing machine it went well, I did it only for 15 min, I have to build up the time on this one, its not like the elliptical or treadmill that I can do 60 min or more but it was a good workout after that I jumped on the elliptical for 30 min I couldn't go longer because I was pretty tired from the day before, "Shhhhh I did a little leg workout the Friday after Back/shoulders/biceps soooo I was pretty tired :confused::D but I'm good I did workout safe and making sure it did not bother me:D
Wow it sound like fun for the girls maybe not for you after a while it can get annoying I know that for sure and I only have 4 girls but they loud:confused:
I bet it was a relief been able to do ski with your new toy after a loud night with your girls ha!;)

Your so funny I don't think you can make it if your husband has to deploy for 6-8 months every so often:p but I know when they're not home you can not get a good night of sleep.
I hope you have a good workout tonight with Shoulders:D take care everyone it time for me to finish dinner.
I took my girls to the pool and I'm late for dinner, good thing my DH its not home yet!

Kelly Yayaya you are getting good results I bet you are sooo excited for your wedding and the pictures have fun with the new rotation!! and the pictures too!!
Good night everyone maybe I'm forgetting something but I have to go I let you guys know tomorrow how the workout went today;)

Pam i guess it doesn't count if you want to.... but I think it does hahaha have fun! I think you should stick with the same weight for both arms because one its going to get bigger than the other one I don't think you want that... not if you have to be sexy for swimsuit;)
Take care Pam!!!

Well this morning I did GS Chest and Triceps. Yep I haven't done that one in a while....ouch.

Pam Pampered Chef is my favorite. I have that thingy for breaking up the hamburger too. I use that a lot. I am trying to remember what I ordered.......hmmm let's see, a cookie sheet, a large cutting board, a pineapple wedger, a loaf pan and a pitcher for mixing drinks. I think that is all. I have been following hockey for so long I can't remember when I started. Right now the game is in the 3rd period and it is tied at 2 - 2.
Oh I can believe that 16 year old girls can make a lot of noise. It seems at that age they have really high voices LOL. The outdoor movie sounds like fun.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your new toy. Take care of that shoulder though. I would go see the doctor if it doesn't get better soon.
I am really tired after my first day. Since the building is a bit further away my work day has increased by 1/2. So now I am leaving home at 6:45 and getting home around 6:10. It will take a while to get used to the longer day and the new systems that I need to learn.

Kelly Too bad your Avs are out. I know there have been many years where the Canucks never made it to the playoffs our were out in the first round. Good for you in doingt Imax 3 all the way through. That is definately a hard one.

Eunice I love Pampered Chef's stoneware. I have a few pieces. It is hard to not spend money at these things. Sprained ankles seem to take a while to heal. Don't push it too much, though I know it is hard isn't it :)

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

Cheryl

Eunice I don't know how you do it with your husbadn being deployed for 6-8 months. That has to be so stressful in SO many ways! I think going to the pool is a good reason for having a late dinner. We almost always have late dinners since we usually aren't home until 6:30 or 7:00 and then by the time I cook it's usually 8:30 or 9:00 before we eat. :confused:

I was thinking about the different weights for the different arms - maybe I will start to look like Popeye and can start opening spinach cans with my left hand ! :D THAT would be a sexy look huh? :p

Cheryl GS Chest and Triceps, ouch is right! You did order a lot of Pampered Chef stuff. That will be so much fun when it arrives! Have you ever been to a Southern Living at Home party? I'm not sure if they even have those in other areas, but they have some REALLY nice stuff. It's quite pricy though so you definitely have to be selective about what you get. Wow, you have some long days now! Is that how it will be from now on, or will get it get a little better once you are into the swing of things? It must be hard to fit your workout in.

This morning I did Step Blast. I was so happy when I saw it on the calendar because it is one of my favorites. I still have to do S&H Back tonight so I don't get to mark my workout complete in the calendar yet. Have a great day!

Pam

Oh my - what a day today. Drama with the family, drama at work, I was just so ready to get out of there. I stopped by the wine shop on the way home and after a couple of samples and a chat with my buddy Jake was in a much better mood! Unfortunately the drama will continue tomorrow :mad: When I first got into management someone told me it was a lot like adult day care - they were so right! :confused:

Anyway, I came home and did my S&H back which seemed to fly by and now I'm relaxing with a glass of wine. MMA Fusion and S&H legs in the morning. Somehow I have a feeling that won't fly by! :p Eunice Good workout today, I just wish that darn ankle of yours would start feeling better :mad:

Have a nice evening ladies! I hope your days were better than mine!
Pam

Cheryl I have this one for Thursday I know its a good one.. I got that piece of pampered chef's as a present my mother-in-law give it to me so I haven't spent any money, but because I'm not working I really try not to attend to those kind of shows, but believe me I would love to:D
I know this ankle its taking to long but next week I'm going back to the doctor and see if I can get any Xray.

Oh yes Pam and last time he was deployed it was my 5th time along every time it gets harder because we get use to each other more than never before, at first we were just newly so it was kind of easy not now:confused:

OMG Stacy its so funny the water was colddddd and she got into the pool like if it was warm water she is something! really, really something serious, but so cute.. so I have to fight with her every day she wants to go to the pool, :mad: no way she get so dark:confused: and its not healthy:confused:

You did my favorite one Step blast next time you do step think about me and work double one for me!!!:p Lol
I hope your shoulder did not hurt you tonight with the back workout:D
I know I saw that you needed some wine! My DH get the same way because what he does in the Marine its almost like what you do, he say that he is a baby sitter and he hate that, sometimes I have to get mean at hem because he get home mad and we have to pay for:mad: no way..
Good!! enjoy MM Fusion I love that workout:D:D and legs wooohoo!!
Me too I can't wait to get over with it:mad: this ankle its so annoying and that make me be too:confused:

Tomorrow I have court early in the morning... I want to change my daughter last name I hope that we get it:) Please wish me luck:D
Have a good night everyone..

Pam No I have never been to a Southern Living at Home Party. They must just be in the States as I have never heard of it. Yes my days have gotten longer and unfortunately it won't get better once I am into the swing of things. I work an 8 1/2 hour day not including lunch and every two weeks a get a day off. I like the day off but I am wondering if it is worth it. If I go back to a regular 7 1/2 hour day it would be better and maybe I could just take a vacation day when I need it. So to get my workout in I need to start working out at 4:30 a.m. I used to be able to get up that early to do it but lately it has been really difficult to do. Step Blast is one of my favorites too.
I know what you mean about management being a lot like adult day care. I have been in management for several years and it never ceases to amaze me how child like some adults act. You are like me with having a glass of wine after a stressful day. Hopefully tomorrow won't be as bad as you think it will.

Cheryl

Eunice The separation during a deployment is bad enough and I can't imagine dealing with the stress of the worry at the same time. When my husband is traveling he's somewhere like Vegas at a trade show. Kids are funny - they don't seem to mind the cold water at all. I remember swimming until my lips were blue and chattering and my mother still couldn't get me out of the water. My shoulder didn't bother me at all for the back work last night, so that was a good thing.
I know what you mean about your DH taking his bad day out on you. Mine usually recognizes it and apologizes afterward, but until then I just stay out of his way! :rolleyes: At least he didn't have to deal with my wrath last night :p
It sounds like it will be a good idea to get that ankle x-rayed, although some say that sprains/strains can take longer to heal than a break.
Wishing you lots and lots of luck at court today!!!!!

Cheryl Sorry to hear about the longer days, it makes it so hard to fit everything in. I get up at 5:00 to do my workouts. I was getting up at 4:30 for awhile when I had to drive my step son to high school, so it was so nice when he started driving and I didn't have to get up that early. That 30 minutes makes a huge difference! We'll see what today brings with the work drama - I have to get the other side of the story today and will probably have to get HR involved. Joy :confused: The wine definitely helped last night though :)

This morning I did MMA Fusion and S&H legs. What a combo! The leg workout seemed to drag on to me. I'm not crazy about the slow and heavy format. My legs were sure shaking though! One of my cats usually greets me at the bottom of the stairs after my workout and I sit down and pet him for awhile. This morning he couldn't wait so he came up for his loving while I was doing my stretching today. He's so sweet. Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!

Pam
Pam

Last edited:
Hi girls today was a good day full of success!!! on one side:p but not on the other, hahaha!!! Ok also... No workout for me today we got court at 8:30am thanks God we got my daughter's name changed:D after that we run to the social security office to get a new SS card with her new name, I did not give her a middle name when she was born so she got to pick one:confused: weird ha! but it was fun for her, She picked Olivia so now her name its Brandy Olivia Andrews good now we wont have any trouble getting her passport. After that we went to her High School to notify and after that we went to the post office to get an appointment for Stacy's passport, we'll need one since she is coming with me to Mexico.
When we got back home Stacy had a play day with some friends, DH went to back to work, my other 2 daughter's they're not home yet.... so I have to choose go to the gym or sit on the couch ALL BY MY SELF and watch a movie hmmm yes you guys are right I stayed home turn on the air conditioner COLD grabbed a blanket close the curtains and watch a movie half way because my eyes were having trouble staying open, and then crying because the movie was sad OMG!!! so now I'm going back to my chores...
But glad to heard that you guys did great with your workout:p You Pam because Cheryl its getting adapted to her new job, I hope everything gets better for you Cheryl... just hand in there and soon you'll be back to normal hopefully!!!! were here to cheer you up:D

Pam I hope today you have a better day:D if not thanks goodness you have the wine store near you:p
Oh men I think I'm am on one of those time of my life were it looks like I'm going to "kill" my DH Just Kidding but for really. Today we were supposed get up early, well guess what he set up hes alarm at 4 am OMG I just wanted to kick hem out of bed:mad::confused: and more, more many thing that he is doing or NOT doing and driving me crazy I hope this week it gets better!!! :p

So Pam you don't like the slow & heavy workouts? or only the leg workout?! So fanny yesterday when I was doing the chest/back I'd start counting 2-2 when Cathe was done she say "we have 8 reps on each set" I was laughing my butt off!!! I was like, were my 12 reps came from hahaha its because it was 2 down and 6 up darn it that's why its call SLOW :eek::eek: so I got an extra set in there I'm sure it won't kill me.... yes its does hurt, today I'm sore:eek: so I'm glad i stay lazy and did nothing.

Janie I can't wait to heard from you I think you get back today?! wooohooo!!!
Ok tomorrow I'll be back to normal:p
have a good day you all...

Feliz Cinco De Mayo and please don't drink to many Margaritas LOl!!!:p;)

Good morning ladies!
Eunice I was thinking about you last night and wondering how your day went. So glad to hear that it was so successful. it sure was a busy day though! The movie on the couch sounds wonderful! You sound like me when I'm watching a movie - both the sleeping and the crying :p One time I was watching a show and had to rewind the last 5 minutes 4 times because I kept falling asleep!
That is kind've fun that your daughter got to pick her middle name. Hmmm...makes me wonder what I would pick if I got to choose!

Yesterday was definitely a better day than the day before, thank goodness. I'm watching this story on TV about the woman who won $266 million dollars in the lottery. That reminds me that the guy at the gas station talked me into buying a lottery ticket last weekend so I better check mine. Maybe I won the big jackpot and can get away from all of the drama! :D This lady won $266 million and went and got KFC to celebrate??? :confused: Why did your DH set the alarm for 4 am??? It sounds like with the week you are having you could use some wine too :eek:

I don't like the slow and heavy workouts because they are really hard! ;) The time seems to go by more slowly when I'm doing them. That's funny that you were doing a 2-2 count. I like the 2-2 count better :)

No Cinco de Mayo margaritas for me yesterday, I'm waiting for the weekend for that when my hubby is home. Tomorrow is our 9 year anniversary so I am picking him up at the airport and then we are going out for dinner and to see Wicked. Hopefully his flight will be on time!

This morning was 40/20 and then S&H chest. I couldn't believe it when we had to do push ups AFTER all of the flies and presses. UGH. They were killing me and my cat kept walking underneath me when I was trying to do them. I also FELL on the first one of those wide leg jumping jacks onto the bench! I didn't quite jump high enough :eek: Luckily I didn't twist or hurt anything and rewound and started that section over. This has been a really tough week though - the workouts have been really tough! And I see 40/30 is up again early next week :confused:

OK, I need to get myself to work. Have a great day. Janie Welcome home!!!! Can't wait to hear about the trip.

Pam

Hi Everyone,

I need to read the posts I've missed to catch up with all of you, but in the mean time, I have just a few pictures to show you. I've picked the best most interesting ones and will periodically show others from time to time.

386789407.jpg

The Cruise Ship called Celebrity Mercury

386789402.jpg

My sister Joy on the left and our family friend Ellen, I'm the one on the right.LOL This is where we usually have our breakfast.

386790700.jpg

My new best friend!

386789406.jpg

My brother and I dancing at the night club.

386789409.jpg

An amazing nail work done on our ship. Not my nails though. Believe it or not they were done with USA paper money. WOW!

386790704.jpg

Our last formal dinning experience. Starting from the top to left is: Steve (Patty's fiancee and friend of my brothers), ME, then Timmy (my brother); Second row; Patty (Steve's fiancee and friend of my brothers) and Diane (my brother's fiancee), the fourth row is Dusty (brother in law), and the last row is Ellen (family friend) and Joy (my sissy)

Will talk again. Need to unpack and get acclimated to home again.

Can't wait to catch up with all of you,

Janie

Last edited:
I was going to post last night but we were having internet problems. I hate that it always happens when you have to get something done on it. Well I decided to change my hours at work so I'm not getting home so late and then I can do my workouts in the evening. It's nice that I can do that, so Monday I will work from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and then I will be home by 5 with time to workout after dinner.

Pam How has work been. Hopefully things have gotten straightened out. The wine does help dosn't it :) I like the slow and heavy because I feel that I don't feel so rushed and can really feel what I am doing especially the squats. One of my cats likes to come downstairs after my workouts for his loving too. He is really good at timing when I am done. Have a happy anniversary.

Eunice Sounds like you had a busy day. How cool for your daughter to be able to pick out a middle name for herself. Olivia is a really nice name.

Janie Welcome back. I hope you had a good time, your pictures are really good. The ship that you were on usually does the Alaska runs out of Vancouver. I should see if it is in port here now. When you get a chance tell us about your trip and of course you know you will have to post more pictures....

Have a good Friday everyone.

Cheryl

Janie Welcome back! it looks like you had an amazing time, but I'm sure you are happy to get back to your Joey too. I love the pictures, especially the one with you and the dolphin! I was glad that you pointed out that was your brother that you were dancing with, I was wondering what you were doing picking up men ;)

Cheryl Those internet problems do always seem to happen when you need to get something done. Very annoying! It's nice that you are able to change your hours at work so hopefully that will work out wel for you. I just can't do my workouts in the evening. I never have as much energy and it's always easy for me to make an excuse to do something else :confused:
Work has been better but I still need to make some longer term changes. I now have 2 people who can't work together which isn't going to be sustainable with the team I have. I have them separated for now, but will have to move one of them to a different area. It's really a shame because we are so short staffed :( The wine definitely helps though :D Yesterday I had a really good day so that helped!
Isn't it funny how the cats get your schedule figured out? Mine has been getting impatient the last few days though and not waiting until my workout is over. They are a real pain on weekend mornings too because they are used to the time I get up during the week, so around 5-5:30 on Saturday morning they start standing on me and meowing at me :mad: It's really my own fault though because I give them treats when I get up, so of course they don't want to wait for their treats!

This morning I was supposed to do a 50 minute steady state run or cardio of choice. I hate to run so I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo extreme. It's a really fun workout and it went by really quickly. After that I did slow and heavy triceps. OUCH! I'll be feeling that one tomorrow. My DH was supposed to get home from Vegas at 5:00 tonight but he changed his flight to a redeye and will be home in about an hour :D I'm glad because I was a little nervous about the 5:00 flight with our dinner reservations and show. If he had any delays it could be a problem. Have a great Friday everyone. Kelly You've been pretty quiet this week....Janie Looking forward to hear some stories from your trip!

Pam

Joey and I did Total Body Sculpting using heavy weight and doing the workout twice. I also did a 30 min. cardio on my climber.

Cheryl, So glad that you are able to exercise after dinner by changing your work hours. You are lucky that your work will allow you to do that. What workout will you be doing tonight?

The ship does go up to Alaska. We were on a repositioning ship so the fare was very reasonable. When we got off the ship they were gearing up to sell Alaska stuff. They just keep going and going and not missing a beat.:D

Pam, I was sooooooo happy to get back to my Joey!:D It was like a wonderful dream on the ship, but without him.:(

Hubby must have missed you to get home so early. Isn't that nice?:) Where were the dinner reservations and what show are you seeing?

LOL, My brother is an amazing dancer. All he does is guides me in the right direction and he makes me look like a professional. He's that good and that fun. Everyone wants to dance with Timmy.:D

Love Amy's Hi/Lo Extreme. Good job on your exercises too. My workout had an ouch factor in it too. LOL;)

Pictures of the Cliff divers excursion:
386875656.jpg
386875648.jpg

386875645.jpg
386875642.jpg

Later,

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.