Lurkers Invitation 2010

Diane I like Step Moves but so far it's not one of my favorites. I know a lot of people love it and have compared it to Rhythmic step, but I don't like it as much as Rhythmic step. I am doing meso 2 - I just finished the 1st week of it this morning.

Sandra Welcome to the no longer lurkers group! Of course it isn't too late to join. I think a lot of people think that you don't get a good workout if you are working out at home and that might have been true at one time, but I know I get a much better workout than I ever got at the gym. I am doing the same rotation you are - I started on January 4th. I am really loving following a rotation too. This is the first time I've done one and I think I will try to do them from now on. It's so nice not having to think about what workout I'm going to do! I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but it does make a difference for me.

So on the workout report, as I already mentioned I completed the first week of meso 2 this morning with back and biceps. I was right on with my recommended weights except for the alternating curls - I had to go lighter on those. I also need to find a good option for chinups/pullups since I don't have one right now. The workout went by really quickly once again and I added on 40/20 at the end. I'm trying to get over my fear of that workout :rolleyes: The first 4 sets were really tough this morning because my legs are still feeling Thursday's leg workout, but after that it wasn't so bad. I was still happy when it was over of course! :D

We got more snow last night. I know I shouldn't complain about our measly 2 inches with some of you buried but I am really ready for warm weather. This has been a very cold winter for us. I was really hoping to get out on my bike tomorrow, hopefully I'll still be able to.

Hi Eunice, Kay, Gabriella, Elle, Diane, Cheryl, Janie. Have a great Saturday!

Pam

Checking in on this Saturday morning!

Sandra, welcome! I can relate to being the only person who works out at home. Most people ask me about it, but dismiss it thinking it's "easy". Obviously, they've never done Cathe!!

Diane15, I'm not really doing a CTX rotation, but I am using most of the workouts to incorporate some strength training into my cardio. I'm not good at sticking to a set rotation, so I'm just trying to do what I like to keep working out. I love CTX, and can't believe it's been 10 years since its release!!

Today's workout almost didn't happen, since I got up and was just sore from yesterday. I decided to lay off the impact of CTX interval step and did part of Low max instead (premix 1-4, and then added 5 at the end for fun!) and for strength I did biceps from the timesaver DVD. It wasn't a long biceps workout, but I felt it, so i guess that counts! I hadn't done Low Max in a while and forgot how killer some of those intervals are. I know I'll be hobbling tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Thank you for your welcoming words, it's very motivating to read everyone's progress and thoughts on the workouts! This journey to a fitter and better you is very rewarding, but it can also be very lonely when you are committed but people around can't really relate to what you are experiencing every day.

Well, I'll do my first check in... I did disc 14 today, and it was an experience. I think I do need those Versa Gripp, holding the weights seem to be as hard if not harder than the leg exercises! I was using 60 pounds barbell for the deadlifts and had to go faster than Cathe because I struggled to hold the bar for very long. My hamstrings didn't feel like they had worked enough... Same thing for the 30 pound dumbbells for the squats (which I used for the first time, I bought them last week in preparation for Meso 2). It was almost a Cardio workout for me (not as intense as CCC yesterday, OMG!), but I was dripping in sweat and was glad when every round was over and I had a minute to catch my breath back. As I said, it was strange because it seemed like my cardio and my forearms struggled more than my legs. Then I had to have "lunch" at 10:30 because I was absolutely starving (hooray for leftovers!)

Pam - I think I will also always follow a rotation from now on, I find it so "easy" just to be told what to do... I used to sit in front on my DVD library and ponder for AGES wondering what I felt like doing. I sometimes even didn't workout at all because I couldn't figure it out. And also, I always felt like I had to do over an hour of the most intense workout for it to be worth it. So if I felt like I didn't have the energy to do a precise workout, I'd do nothing instead (not very wise I know). Following the rotation has solved these problems for me, I have not missed one workout since the 6 of January. It's so nice also to see on the workout manager that I have burned over 13,000 calories!

Have a great day everyone, and again, I'll be happy to get to know you all!

Sandra

Saturday Workouts

Hi All,

Today was Back and Bi's -the first workout for this in Hypertrophy. I like using the larger weights so far and I can almost do two chinups :). For the rest I use the tubing or I modify by laying back and using the ab armrests on my tower (it's not a Cathy tower, it's actually a chinup and ab tower from Dicks). I know that the back workouts I have been doing made me stronger and not hurt too much after shoveling all that wet snow. I just heard that we are expecting another 4-8" on Monday night. :(

Pam, I had to lighten up on the preacher curls and heavy up on the alternating curls! Hope that you have a lovely Valentine's bike ride! I can't wait to be able to get out and ride again. Maybe in March!

Sandra - Welcome! Good for you for taking care of yourself now - I think at 46 I'm in the best shape of my life :)

Pumper06 - isn't Low Max great! That was my very first Cathe workout! THe premixes are wonderful when you don't really have an hour in the morning. I recently bought CTX, and am anxious to get back to them after STS rotation is done.

Gabriella - Congrats on the job! Don't forget to squeeze a little "you time" into the busy schedule! It's tough at first, but is soooo worth it..

Eunice, Janie, Kay, Diane, HAPPY SATURDAY!!!!

Last edited:
Did a lot of errands yesterday. Baby sat with Adriane (One of four grandsons) for a few hours. Did more errands after that and finely got home late. Was beat, and didn't post. Time fly's so fast sometimes that before you know it, it's time for bed. Jeesh!

Yesterday early morning, did Insanity Core Cardio & Balance also Cardio Recovery.

Today did BBL Bum Bum and SC Double Wave Pyramid. Oh My Gosh! Modified and got through it. :confused: Whew! Have a rest day coming tomorrow and Monday.

Diane06, Oh I just love 10-10-10. Accountability works for me too. I'm also glad we have this check in. You are doing such a great job.

Diane15, Disc 9. I suspect those are legs. Not my favorite, but need to be done. Good job! Joey and I indeed workout together. So glad to see you both working out when the schedule allows. Yeah, I have such a good time with my Joey. He's so darn cute.

Sandra, Welcome aboard! It's so nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to getting to know you as well.

You are never too late to join a group. I'm just grateful you decided to join ours.

In our neighborhood, I'm afraid there is not a soul that likes to workout period. I'm the same as you and love working out at home, besides our gym is over a half hour away. And I do a better job of it at home than any gym can do for me. We can be cyberspace neighbors.:)

You have a grate attitude/plan for in your 40's that will get you in the best shape of your life, especially the DVD's you are doing right now.

Isn't it great to be supported by family? Makes all the difference in the world.

Pam, Another option to do chin ups is doing wide hand barbell rows. That will get you stronger in your back until you can get a contraption to do the chin ups/pull ups. Haven't don 40/20 yet. Sounds like I will like it. Your doing a great job on your workouts. Oh, bike riding does sound fun. With all this rain on us here in the Pac. NW, it's not likely I will until middle of Spring.:(

Diane06, Glad to see you listening to your body. Your mix of workouts sound great. Low Max is far from being easy. Yeah, DOM's for sure tomorrow. Good job!

Sandra, 60 pounds for dead lifts are great! I think with versa gripps you might be able to beat that. If you are not feeling it in your hamstrings, perhaps you can check to make sure that when coming back up squeeze your butt. I feel it more in my butt and hamstrings doing it that way. Also the further down you go the more the hamstrings are used, if you go down as far as your knees, then the back is used more. Now that I said that, I am leery doing those exercise, and use lighter weight because of it. I don't know why I'm frightened though. Guess I need a little courage.

The poundage you use is impressive, and by no means for a beginner. Congratulations for working up to that point. I just love STS! It makes me go beyond what I think I can do.

Elle, I'm so impressed at you for being able to do chin ups. I still can't even do one.:eek: You inspire me to want to do them that much more.:)

Sounds like you will even be stronger by doing more snow shoveling.:rolleyes: Congratulations for doing some very difficult exercises. Very proud of you.

Will check back later,

Janie

Last edited:
Janie, I don't know how many calories I burned doing the spinning class but it was fun! and hard:p Janie I did not know that you workout with your husband I do to some times not always is fun.

Pgeiger: I'm doing so much better today but now is my behind that is in agony I did disc 14 and I have big time domes, dip domes I can't even bend, I can believe that maybe is because yesterday I drove for about 8-10 hours and sitting behind the wheel hurts.:confused: I like the spinning class is free on base and I get to get together with some friends.. Nothing bit Cathe's workout;) How can you not like step moves?! That one is my favorite, you should try it one more time..
That was sweet a Valentine's dinner before your husband leave to Australia. I'm getting ready to go there but is a lot of work to get together all kind of papers for passports and all that stuff.

Diane06: It is very tough for some but since you have been working out with Cathe you can do anything you have good muscle endurance and that helps, last time I did one class was years ago and I just started last week and I have no problem, I want more pain:confused:;) Just kidding..

Diane15: Thanks It was little bit fun going to San Diego just because all the driving I'm so tired still. I just started the spinning class is fun, I don't have any of the Cardio Coach I would love to get some and try and see witch one is hard?!;)

Pam: I love step moves is very dance type of workout and I got it down so I really enjoy doing that one

SandraGau: welcome to the group!! Don't worry about you been the only one doing DVD"S I'm and I don't find it weir, is my comfort zone and I love it. I spot trying to convert people only if they ask what I do I tell them but if they don't care I wont bother, is funny how they think they know a lot about working out but they don't, when I have the best instructor in my garage working out with me. Cathe!!!
Great job with the rotations, and nice that your family support you that the only important thing about working out that you have your personal cheer-leaders.. I have done rotations almost for a year I'm so use to, you will love it you'll see.. OMG 40 I almost there I'm going to be 38 this year, I told my daughters that from now on I will say that I'm 40, just getting ready.

Just a quick read and check from Friday. I got home so late and so tired I'm still tired I was thinking about doing the cardio for today and tomorrow do the disc 15 back and biceps, I really, really hope I can do it I just got back from selling girls scout cookies with one of my daughters and I haven't done anything today besides going for some groceries(I hate shopping for groceries):mad: and pay some bills..
Have a good day everyone I'm going to read some more of your Saturday posts..

Hi Everyone,

I am checking in from the Olympics. It has been a very busy few days. The alarm goes off at 3:00 a.m. and I am out the door just after 4:00 a.m. The first day I wasn't home until 7 that night. The other days have been more reasonable at 4 or 5. We just had our first medal round for ski jumping this morning. It went really well. We were responsible for putting the medal podium together right after the last jumper. It is really heavy. The gold part alone weighs 227 pounds.....makes me very glad that I work out with Cathe. Today we had in the crowd Arnold Swartsenager (sp?) Joe Biden and our Prime Minister Steven Harper. Sorry if I am not spelling things out properly but I am really tired right now. All the fresh mountain air that I am not used to. Tomorrow we have the medal round for the Nordic Combined. This is a combination of ski jumping and cross country sking. We were told that we could go over and watch the cross country part of it if we wanted to. I will see how I feel, it has not been the best weather. Hey you guys out East see how you can ship us your snow LOL....It is not nice being outside for 10 to 12 hours in the wet snow and rain. The weather is suppose to improve this next week.

The only bad thing was the news about the Georgia Luger. That was really terrible. I felt really sorry for his family and fellow athletes when they walked in for the opening ceremony. I didn't see what happened and from what I heard I am glad that I didn't.

Anyway I think we are going to leave Starbucks (one place where we can get wireless) and go to bed. 3 a.m. comes really fast.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl you are doing a great job over there, 3am wow but I'm glad to heard that you are enjoying been there, go, take a good night sleep ooh man I can imagine how hard is that job but a really good experience.. I haven't heard anything about the bad news but whatever it is is not good and is so sad to heard that.
Have a great time and take care..♥☺☼

Did Step Moves today.

Happy Valentines Day!

Eunice, I was talking to my daughter in law about where she came from. She said she grew up in Mexico City, then moved to State of Mexico, and back to Mexico City. She said where you came from is a beautiful place. Would love to see pictures if you have any.

Joey and I do have a lot of fun working out together. Glad to see other couples like you and your honey exercising together when you can.;)

Were you able to get all your errands done? Did you have any fun times with your girls and did you enjoy meeting up with your friends?

I think your plan of changing the exercises to accommodate your body is wise. Good to listen to your body.

Girl Scout cookies already? Oh dear. Love those cookies.

Cheryl, It must be so exciting to be there at the Olympics. All that moving around, seeing people who are famous, watching the athletes do their miracles...Oh, how wonderful is that? Thank you for keeping us updated, I really do appreciate that. Hopefully you will have better weather soon.

Sleep warmly and have a good rest in-between all you do.

Janie

Last edited:
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Cheryl, I am very impressed that you are able to check in with us from the Olympics. What a great experience that must be! So sad about the Georgian luger. What a tragedy:(

Janie, it's wonderful that you and your husband work out together! I'm trying to get mine to eat more vegetables...that alone is a challenge!

I thought I'd be sore today from yesterday's leg blasts, but I was feeling up to some more impact, so I did Hiit Double wave pyramid for the first time. Oh. My. Goodness. I don't think I was jumping nearly as high as Cathe and crew, and if it wasn't for the pause button and a couple of extra rests in between, I don't think I would have made it through. But time flew by fast, and it's a lot of fun. After it was over, I added on CTX chest and shoulders. I'm trying to aim for Tuesday as my rest day, as I think it will be a late day at work.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Janie, it's wonderful that you and your husband work out together! I'm trying to get mine to eat more vegetables...that alone is a challenge!

I thought I'd be sore today from yesterday's leg blasts, but I was feeling up to some more impact, so I did Hiit Double wave pyramid for the first time. Oh. My. Goodness. I don't think I was jumping nearly as high as Cathe and crew, and if it wasn't for the pause button and a couple of extra rests in between, I don't think I would have made it through. But time flew by fast, and it's a lot of fun. After it was over, I added on CTX chest and shoulders. I'm trying to aim for Tuesday as my rest day, as I think it will be a late day at work.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

Diane06, I know what you mean about training husbands, they do what they want no matter what. LOL Hope DH at least will try to eat his veges. You are so funny.

Joey and I only do the weighted workouts, he's on his own when it comes to cardio. He is so missing out.

Did really good on your cardio and weight workouts today. Enjoy your Tuesday off, I'm sure it is well deserved.;)

Have a good one,

Janie

Did Step Moves today.

Happy Valentines Day!

Eunice, I was talking to my daughter in law about where she came from. She said she grew up in Mexico City, then moved to State of Mexico, and back to Mexico City. She said where you came from is a beautiful place. Would love to see pictures if you have any.

Joey and I do have a lot of fun working out together. Glad to see other couples like you and your honey exercising together when you can.;)

Were you able to get all your errands done? Did you have any fun times with your girls and did you enjoy meeting up with your friends?

I think your plan of changing the exercises to accommodate your body is wise. Good to listen to your body.

Girl Scout cookies already? Oh dear. Love those cookies.

Cheryl, It must be so exciting to be there at the Olympics. All that moving around, seeing people who are famous, watching the athletes do their miracles...Oh, how wonderful is that? Thank you for keeping us updated, I really do appreciate that. Hopefully you will have better weather soon.

and havSleep warmly e a good rest in-between all you do.

Janie

Hi Janie how are you doing?! I don't have any pictures but yes its beautiful place, my father was from Taxco Guerrero OMG when I goggle that place it make me want to go now but I can't its really expensive for all of us to go if I go that would be only my DH and I but I don't know yet.

I finally done with some I still have to go one more time because of my DD physical (emigration) here on Yucca Valley was $350 and down on Oceanside was only $100 but she needs 2 more shots and then we will done, it was fun we got to see some old friends and eat tamales(not really healthy) but hey I only eat those on a emergency;)

Is fun when you workout with your husband I know that only when he is my personal trainer he push me really hard:p
I did not workout yesterday I was really tired, but today I did CCC 51min and disc 15 back and biceps I was done, we try to go to the movies but it did not happen to tired I was gonna spent money for only go in to take a nap...

I have atach some pictures that I took with my DH today. I was wondering Why now that we have this thread goin strong some of the girls don't have pictures they all should have pictures you too so we can put face to the names, don't you think so?!

Girls Scout cookies would you like to get some?!?! we still selling them and I have to sell for daisy and brownie just let me know and I will be more than happy to send you some..

Caheryl
Sleep and have a warmly good rest in-between all you do.

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 5
Happy Monday everyone! I love your pictures Eunice and you're right I need to get some posted. I'll try to do that this week.

Yesterday was my rest day and I spent it making dinner for my family. My mother, 2 sisters, 2 nieces, nephew, cousin and aunt came over. I made my famous chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. One of them fell apart when I was taking them out of the pan, so I had it for breakfast :eek: It sure was good though. I also made valentine's sugar cookies because they are my sister and my niece's favorites (I might like them a lot too :D )

This morning I did Hiit Double pyramid. I was really weak today but I made it through. I noticed that there aren't many ab workouts in this rotation for some reason - only once a week. It doesn't seem like enough to me, so I added the no equipment abs. Now I need to get myself moving and get to work! Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Hello All!

I can't face a Monday doing cardio, so I hit the start of Week 2 Hypertrophy instead of strictly following the rotation.

We're due to get more snow tonight around Philadelphia - hope that it won't be too much and I have to do ShovelMax again...

Eunice - thank you for posting your lovely pictures!

Elle

Elle Good luck, I'm hoping you aren't having to do shovel max today!

I did disk 16 this morning, I really liked the back off sets. My arms felt so light and floaty after the heavy weights. I added 30/30 on the end because I wanted some more cardio. My arms were shaking while I was doing my stretches at the end!

Off to work. Have a great Tuesday ladies!
Pam

Good morning everyone!

I did Step Moves on Sunday, and I must say I love this workout more every time I do it. I can almost do it with my eyes closed now, I actually don't feel like I'm working out as my heart beat doesn't seem to go up very much (although I try to do everything as high impact as possible). I just sweat a lot and have a lot of fun.

Yesterday was disc 15 of STS, back and bicep and I'm proud to say that I managed to do everything on my target weight from my 1RM, which were much higher than I thought they would be 30 pounds for singe arm rows (I did the 1RM before the workout)... 72 pounds for Rows (Cathe is right when she says that your grip gets stronger, I struggled with 60 pounds last week), and 82 for deadlifts, but here, unfortunately I had to put the barbell down a couple of times before my grip gave in. I really need those Versa Gripps!!!! I found some on ebay for $55 CAN plus shipping (shipping to Canada is always Ebay or Amazon or any other company's downfall! I think I will have to make the move and order some. Anyway, I felt very proud of myself after this workout!

Today, I have the HiiT Pyramid on my rotation, but I think I will try to add 30/30 at the back of it, and try to feel better about some excesses from the weekend (weekend always tends to undo a lot of what was done during the week!)

Students arriving, class about to start! Have a great day everyone.

Sandra

Thanks Pam!! sure you should post some pictures and give me that recipe for your chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes if you are doing the stscardio rotation you'll see that this month the second have more core work witch is good I also sometimes I add more work to my day.

Hi Elle I hope you stay warm on this crazy weather yesterday(Monday) was very nice over here we went to the park with some friends, bikes for the kids but after it got dark OMG it was so cold. Good for you at least you workout I didn't workout on Monday.
You should post some pictures too!!:D

Pam I can't believe that another day has gone and I still here behind all of you I have to go and start getting some work done. How much weight are you lifting?!:eek: It sounds like you are going pretty heavy last Sunday I did disc 15 for back and biceps I did 60 for dead lifts and one arm row 25 and barbell row 50 is just the beginning of the 2th month and I thought I was pretty good but I see you are doing great!

Sandra I love this one too.If you want a tip(something that I do) Do a 20-30 min Hiit maybe 30/30 or 40/20 and right after that do Step Moves you'll get a great fat burning workout;) Wow you and Pam are doing great with your heavy loads!:eek: Let me know how you like those versa grip I have trouble with my left shoulder and I wonder if it would be easy on it with the grips.
WOW 82# dead lifts 72#r rows OMG I have to get going and start working out ladies.
Have a good day with your students. AND PICTURES PLEASE IF YOU HAVE SOME YOU SHOULD POST THEM!!!!;);)

Good morning everyone,
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day. My weekend was unexpectedly busy, my washing machine finally went out so DH & I had to go shopping for a new one on Sunday. He was only home for Sunday & Monday, & washing machine shopping was not on our agenda for Valentine’s Day, LOL! Then on Monday my husband had to take the car our son is supposed to use in for a new part, then to get a smog check. We had originally planned to make a nice dinner for Sunday (lasagna), but I made it yesterday instead.

I did manage to get my workout in at least. This week I started week 7 of Meso 1, Disc 10. Then I did the Express Circuit premix of Cardio Core Circuit. Last week I took a break from all cardio work, which was kind of nice, but time to step it up again! Today I need to decide what cardio to do, any suggestions?

Eunice- Great pictures of you & your husband! You both look very fit & are an attractive couple. By the way, thank you to your husband for his service. My oldest son is currently at OCS training in Rhode Island for the navy. I miss him a lot but I am proud of him.

Pam- Sounds like you had a houseful the other day, I bet that was fun! Good job on the Hiit workouts, how do you like those so far?

Elle- Sorry about all the snow, I bet you are looking forward to spring.

Sandra- Nice work on your weights, keep it up! Meso 2 is my personal favorite of STS, but some of those moves sure do work your forearms, don’t they.

Well, happy Tuesday everyone.

Diane

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.