Lurkers Invitation 2010

Good Morning,

It's a quite Saturday and feel so much better that Joey and I decided to do Total Body Sculpting. It's a great workout to start with again. Very soon will be doing lots more.

Also looked around our house and it is in dire need of a cleaning. I think I'll start with the dishes and dust. Then vacuum. That will be a good start as well.

Will be back later,

Janie

I did 'Shovel Max' today! Around 9AM we went out and did the first foot, then came in and made chicken and dumplings. Cleaned up and went out and did the next 6" and where the snowplow piled up at the end of the driveway. It's not heavy snow, but there was some hard/icy pieces at the bottom :p

Time to relax for the rest of the day!

Well I did STS Disk #11 this morning. Still a bit sore from yesterday's leg workout. It will be cardio tomorrow.

I had a Pampered Chef party this afternoon. I am getting my wish list together to see how much I can get. Nothing like having people over to get that housework done.

Cheers

Cheryl

Ella, We haven't a bit of snow so far this Winter. Just rain, rain, rain. Everything is so soggy, uug. I would love a day of Shovel Max as you did. I have a feeling though, if we didn't get it in Jan. we most likely won't get it in Feb. either. Oh well. Sounds like you had a lot of work to do after the snowplow was done. I really don't envy you.:rolleyes: Hope you enjoy your rest of the day.

Cheryl, You are doing very well I see with STS series. ***** stars for you! What cardio will you do tomorrow?

What is a pampered Chef party? They do housework? Do tell me how you get people to do your housework.;)

Janie

Happy Sunday, everyone.

I ended up not working out on Thursday and Friday. Yesterday I did Circuit Blast and today I did about ten minutes of step, but then found i was too tired to think about the moves, so I hopped on the treadmill for 30 more minutes.

I really need to get more strength training in, as I don't do enough of it!

Ella, "Shovel Max" is hilarious! We had a bit of that around here yesterday, too! I really don't like winter!

Have a great workout everyone!

Janie, Thanks for the tip about the ON button - that definitely helps! Glad you had a nice time on your mini vacation. How wonderful to be so young and retired
Cheryl, I am starting meso 2 this week. The leg days were definitely the hardest in meso 1, and disk 12 was the hardest for me. I can't wait to see how meso 2 compares. I love pampered chef. My favorite gadget is the thing that you use to smash hamburger with. I use that all the time. I love to cook and love kitchen gadgets!
Elle Where do you live? How much snow did you get? I heard some places were supposed to get 36"! yikes. Luckily we didn't get any more snow yesterday and ours is all gone now.
Eunice Where in Australia will you be liviing? I have been to Sydney a couple of times and love it there. My husband is leaving on Saturday for Sydney and Melbourne but he will only be there for a week.

We made it through the Krispy Kreme Challenge yesterday. My husband and I were actually the first of the 5 of us to finish the race, but we weren't trying to eat a dozen donuts. I had 1 and he had 2. Our 13 year old had 10 donuts and the 17 year old had 9 1/2 but he wasn't able to keep them down :eek:

This morning I did Power Max. Sunday is usually my rest day but since I took a rest day on Friday figured I ought to do something today. Tomorrow is back to the STS/Shock Cardio rotation with 30/30 and med ball abs. Those ab routines in STS are really tough too so I'm guessing I'll have a sore core tomorrow:eek:

Have a great superbowl Sunday everyone!

Janie Pampered Chef sells cookware, bakeware etc. It is wonderful stuff. You should check out their website, I find it gets a bit addictive...When you host a party people come over (unfortunately you need to do the housework) and you make a couple of things using what Pampered Chef sells. Yesterday we made a crab dip and a fruit salsa. Ymm Ymm Good....
Pgeiger I have the mix and chop as well. I use it all the time. My kitchen is almost all Pampered Chef now:eek:

This morning I did MMA Boxing. Another one I really like. I can't start meso 2 yet, I am going to wait until I get back from Whistler and start it March 1st. This coming week I am going to just do some cardio until I go on Wednsday.

Cheryl

Janie thanks for the "ON" button I did not know about now lets try. Cleaning I hate cleaning on the weekend I have all my girls home and it take longer clean than for them to bring all their toys out again so I don't get stress on the weekend I'll do it during the week.
Pgeiger & Janie: We are going to Melbourne for 2 years, I know scary well I kind of use to be along all my family is in Mexico and my DH's family is in Texas, so I like to be far away from everyone.
Cheryl : Iam starting meso 2 this week as well, yesterday I was lazy and I did not feel like working out beside I took my DD to the Girls Scout booth to sell cookies and I watch movies and we play pictureka.
Ella: the "shovel max" girl, yesterday I commented on Cathe's Face book about the snow and I asked her if she was going to do "shovel-max" she said " After today...I could do a Shovel Max Series...lol"
Thumper: I love your user name and the picture is so cute, some times I like to host some things, candles, princess house, never pampered chef but I think that will be fun, I know is addictive.
So I start my workout today I did 30/30 and after that I did (cardio & weights) the premixes, step only. Maybe I'll go to the spinning class tomorrow with my friend @ 5am, maybe I'm not sure yet.
Everyone have a good night!!!

I just find out that Thumper and Cheryl is the same friend oh well! I'll do better next time.

Diane06, You did what I do when I can't finish a workout. That's the way to go, just keep moving and getting stronger. Good for you! What strength training workouts are you thinking of doing?

Pam, I think I'm very lucky to retire at a young age with my Joey. I know how lucky I am.;) It is wonderful.

Congratulations on winning the Krispy Kreme Challenge. YEAH! That's awesome. So proud of you for only eating 1 donut. I hope your children are feeling better from so many donuts.:(

I know the exercises are hard, but you are doing a great job on them. Wow, I love Power Max, it's a toughie.

Cheryl, I will check out Pampered Chef. I always love to find new cookware and bake ware. It's fun to cook. The crab dip and fruit salsa sounds wonderful. Ummmmm:)

I'm going to have to start using my SC. The rotation I created for Joey and I have some of them in there. I can't wait. Good plan to wait to do STS until March. You definitely want full concentration on them. Enjoy cardio, it is a great outlet.

Eunice, You are doing very well on the posts. I know you know it now.;)

I don't blame you for doing your cleaning on the weekdays verses weekends. I would too.:)

My daughter-in Law is from Mexico too. She loves it here in the states and visits her family when they can afford it. I just love her so much, she even learned English so we wouldn't have to. I'm sure for other reasons too, but how sweet is that?

Have a great evening everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Joey and I have started my rotation today. Did STS Disc 4, Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. Will do the other workouts with lots of modifications.LOL:eek: Should be fun.

If you'd like to see it, there is a link below.

Video and DVD Rotations: For A Lean Sculpted Butt And A Strong Hard Body

Oh, and here is a link that is amazing: THE TAKEOVER Very inspiring.

Will come back later to see how you all are doing.

Janie

Last edited:
WOW Janie, that looks like quite the rotation. I'm looking forward to hearing how you and Joey do with it. I have been considering getting the insanity workouts but holding off on that decision until I finish the 3 1/2 month STS/Shock cardio rotation. I have never hear of brazilian butt lift before - I will have to check that one out!

I had an alarm clock issue this morning so I didn't get up til 6 which only gave me 30 minutes of morning workout time. Luckily Hiit 30/30 was one of today's workouts so that fit right in and I will do my abs tonight. This will be my first time doing med ball abs from STS. They are only 10 minutes, but I've learned length isn't necessarily an indicator of difficulty :D

Monday, 2/8

Hello everyone!

I did STS Hypertrophy, Disk 1 - Chest, Shoulders and Tri's. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to do 50 gajillion push-ups like the first month. I am ex-military and have always disliked push-ups :D. Still up at a little after 4 to get the workout done and I'm at work by 6:30!

Janie - you did lots of pushups in your STS today, didn't you?

Cheryl - I love Pampered Chef! I have quite a few products from the parties I attended down in FL. I will have to see if they are here in PA!

Pgieger - I live around Philadelphia - we had ~20" of snow or so. It drifted a lot, but it was fluffy, so it wasn't bad to shovel! Some of my friends in MD had almost 40", and in southern NJ - they were hit hard with power outages and have snow on the beach. I don't mind the winter at all, I've lived here for 9 years now, and this is the only the second real winter that I've seen. I grew up in upstate NY, so I'm kind of used to the snow :D

Have a great day everyone!

Janie: Were ir your daughter-in-low from? I'm from Cuernavaca and I learn to speak English for my DH :p I haven't been there since 1996 that's a lot, I cant wait to go back again.

That rotation for sculpting butt strong hard" Looks like is a good I probably try that one when I'm done with my 31/2 month rotation, what is BBL Bum Bum?!?!

Ella: I did 30/30 yesterday and today I did the abs, but you know what I did the stability ball instead:eek: I got up early today too.

Ok so today I did abs and I try a new kettlebell dvd that I did not like it that much I only did the core section.

Have a good day everyone and I'll talk to you later!!!!;)

Hi to everyone!
This is just a quick check-in to say I'm still here. I have a whole bunch of crazy family issues that came up & will probably continue through Wednesday. Unfortunately my workout didn't get completed today, but I will try to make up for it tomorrow hopefully. I hope everybody else is doing great and keeping up with your plans. I'm cheering you all on!
Good night & take care!

Diane

Hi Everyone,

I did Step Moves this morning. Once you get the steps down it is fun. I think I will do MMA Kickbox tomorrow morning.

I have been trying to do some packing before I go to Squamish where my homestay is on Wednesday. I haven't gotten very far though. Well I have a bit more time.....:D

EllejayYou can always send some snow out our way.LOL It has been quite warm here. It will be one of the warmest Winter Olympics yet. We are having a hard time keeping the snow at Cypress where the snowboarding and mogals will be held. They are working really hard to make it just right. They are trucking snow to the venue from areas a few hours away to make sure they have enough.

Cheryl

Pam, You are doing really good on your exercises. I think the ab work from STS are very difficult, but oh they are so good for you. :D So far my rotation is good. Tomorrow is From BBL called Cardio Axe. It's a cardio dance kind of thing. Looks like a lot of fun. But I love dancing so this is down my ally. Then an from Insanity, cardio abs. I'll let you know how that one goes.;)

Elle, Good job on STS Hypertrophy. Yes I like that there is less push ups. Make a whole lot of difference. You get up so early! I bet you go to bed then, at a reasonable time. You have just about the same hours as my Joey. LOL I'm a night person and in bed around midnight. Can't help it.

I did a gajiilion amount of push ups today. Had to modify most of the way on my knees, of course, but I got through it.

Eunice, I don't remember the place my daughter in law is from, But I think it was close to Mexico City. I bet you miss your family. It's been a long time for you hasn't it? When do you think you'll be able to go back to Cuernavaca?

I hope you will consider doing the rotation, if you do, let me know how you like it.

How long do you have left (I'm assuming) for STS rotation? Brazil Butt Lift (BBL). It's a famous instructor who teaches Stars, models and famous people to get into shape. There are 3 DVD's but has 6 workouts altogether. One of the workouts is called Bum Bum, meaning butt. Tomorrow will be a cardio from BBL that is dancing, latin style with lots of other things included. Should be fun.

Try to give the Kettle bell workout a chance. It's really very good for you. Who is the instructor? It just makes your body more confused, which is a good thing to do. Makes your workouts achieve results faster. Are you doing STS 3 1/2 month workout and other workouts as well?

Diane, I hope your issues with family get resolved. I'm one of nine in my family and know how it can be. Like you say Crazy.

At least you did part of your workout. That's good. Tomorrow is another day.;) I'm cheering you on as well.

Cheryl, Don't you just love how Step Moves flows. I love that workout. From what I hear you will also like MMA Kickbox. Haven't done that one yet, but I do like kickboxing, so I assume it will be a good one for me. Let me know how you like it.

Hope you enjoy Squamish. Want to know all about it when you get back.;)

Have a great evening everyone, see you tomorrow.

Janie

Diane - sorry to hear about your crazy family issues. I can certainly relate to crazy family issues!

Janie - Those BBL workouts sound intriguing. You will have to report on whether they are worth purchasing. The insanity workouts sound good too, I have been looking at those.

Cheryl - Have a great time at the Olympics

Elle - 20 inches of snow. Yikes! I grew up in Michigan but have become a big wimp about winter and cold after living in North Carolina for almost 26 years now. I also did the first meso 2 disk this morning and was VERY happy not to have all of those push ups! I couldn't quite complete all of the reps on a couple of the moves, but thought it moved along really quickly.

Time to head home and make dinner. Happy Tuesday everyone.

Hi everybody
I have had 2 late nights at work, so my workouts have been pretty non existent this week! Hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow. Plus, no doubt I'll be snowed in. What else to do but workout, right??:eek:

Janie, to answer your question from the other day (sorry for the late reply!) I have pretty much all of cathe's strength workouts except for STS and the slow and heavy series. I don't know why, but I'm very bad about doing weights and no cardio. The only weights I've been getting in lately is thru circuit training. I am trying to get out of the habit an trying to include at least a full body day in there, but so far no luck!! I've done CTX, where the weights are at the end, and that works, but I have trouble sticking with rotations.

Hope everyone had a great day, and for all you east coasters, good luck digging out of the snow the next few days!

Hi Everyone,

Well I woke up with a headache this morning so no workout for me. I will try again tomorrow morning.

Diane We can't connect up to internet where we are staying. However my brother who is up there already said that the Starbucks has internet access so we can go there every once in a while. I will keep you updated when I get the chance.

When I went out on my lunch break today you could feel the Olympic Vibe in downtown Vancouver. There are lots of tourists, athletes and media all over the place. It is sooooo cool.

Cheryl

Did BBL Cardio Axe and Insanity Cardio Abs today. Whew. Love the dancing, was so much fun. Insanity was work. Had a great workout today.

Pam
, Yeah on meso 2, I thought so too not to have so many push ups. Don't matter if you didn't complete all the reps, as long as you gave it your all. If you gave it your all you will see results. Good Job!:D Have a nice dinner.

Diane06, A couple of days rest is quite alright when needed. Life sometimes has a way of doing that. What a great way to spend time by working out as it snows. Sounds like fun.

I sometimes find it helpful just to pick out a weight workout one day then a cardio the next. You could do for instance:

Day 1: Hardcore Chest & Triceps
Day 2: Cardio of choice
Day 3: Hardcore Back, Shoulders, Biceps
Day 4: Cardio of choice
Day 5: Hardcore Legs
Day 6: Cardio of choice
Day 7: Rest, yoga or stretch

Or if you like full body workouts

Day 1: Muscle Max
Day 2: Cardio of choice
Day 3: One of the High Steps (you decide)
Day 4: Cardio of choice
Day 5: Supersets or Push-Pull (you decide)
Day 5: Cardio of choice
Day 6: Cardio of choice Or
Day 7: Rest, yoga or stretch

The 4 Day Splits are fantastic and so are the Timesavers and the Body Blast Series. So much to chose from, I know. Maybe that's it.

After a weight lifting day you need to rest those muscles for at least 48 hours. I know, sometimes I give too much help.

Cheryl, Good idea not to workout with a headache. Hope you feel better soon.

Wish I could feel the excitement with you in Vancouver. I can only imagine. Have the time of your life!:eek: I'm so excited for you.

Hello to: Eunice, Diane, Elle, Kay, Gabriella. Hope you are doing well.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.