>on you. I really wish you would post so that I can feel less
>alone here! (Please please).
>-Nancy
>
>Oh, and Wendy, just editing to say, my legs are REALLY short,
>but the jeans make them look a bit longer, so I can just
>imagine how long your legs must look!

Thanks Nancy!:)

I will take pics this week and post them...I promise! Just gotta charge up the ol' camera! I also have pics of Joey to add to my picture trail any how....:+

nancy:

they look good on you. keep them. But I agree, I would never wear them with flats. At least a 2 " heel required. it will lengthen your legs to desired effect.

Clare

Hi NY Nancy - it's NY Nancy -

I don't remember - did you say you were 5 ft? That's what I am and it looks like those jeans don't even need a hem. They look great on you!

Nancy,

Those jeans look awesome on you! They look like they wre made just for you. You wil not regret getting them.

I bought two pair at a going out of business store - I ended up going to Marshal Field's to get a dress for a New Years Eve wedding and I just happened to have to walk by the "Lucky" department. I ended up buying three more pairs! I know I am crazy - I have always overdone myself in the jean department.

I got the Sweet n Lows too. I got the 26 also - I love the button up fly on them. They have the perfect rise for me - not too low and not up to the waist. I also throw mine in the dryer and I have not had a problem feeling they were too small.

And yes, I agree you should wear a heel with them - I am 5' 6" and I wear a heel with mine. I am addicted for I love them. Now that I see you with your on - I am hoping mine look just as good!

Cheryl

Hi everyone! I'm back from the dinner for my mother and I have to say that I am LOVING these jeans. Those pics under the neon lights with the flat shoes in my living room don't even do them justice. It's amazing how much you can dress them up! I wore a higher-heeled sleek shoe and a dressy sweater and they looked just great. I can't believe that I actually sat in the car for about 4 hours total today and ate a gigantic meal and never felt uncomfortable. I hate to be a bad influence, but I really have to recommend these jeans.

NY Nancy: I'm 5'3" and bought the "short" inseam. They have 3 lengths: tall, regular and short. The regular was too long, but the short are the perfect length.

-Nancy

So...I'll need to hem mine, as usual. I need to check these out.

I recently bought a new pair of jeans in American Eagle (where my girls shop) and wore them last night. I think they were too low-waisted and I felt self-conscious the whole night and kept tugging on my too short shirt. Looks like one of my girls will be handed down these jeans any minute now. I have to look into "Luckies".

I'm getting desperate for a new pair of jeans!!!!

OK, Nancy and Everyone, I went to Ross yesterday and found a pair of Lucky's (Dream Fit) for $30. They only had size 28. I didn't try them on in the store, but bought them. Here is the thing. They bag a little bit in the but and waist. Some of you mentioned them stretching out versus shrinking after being washed and worn. Do any of you have the Dream Fit kind? I'm thinking that they are a bit too big. The pockets hang down really low. I know that's a style, but I'm not sure how good that looks. KWIM? How do the Sweet N Lows compare in fit to the Dream Fit? I'm thinking that I should probably order a pair online in size 27 if the 28's are a bit big. I am short waisted, so I do prefer a more mid-rise jean. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
--Jennifer

Nancy,

They look great on you.

You may not be the ebay type but I can tell you that these jeans can be found half price on ebay from time to time, new with tags. I love mine too but I have two pair of the loose fit. Both are 27's. One pair fits a little tighter than the other due to the lycra content.

Jennifer-

I just looked on the Lucky website. The Dream Fit is described as being "low rise", which is between the "ultra low rise" and the "mid rise". It is also described as having a "slim" fit as opposed to a "relaxed" fit, and it has a flared leg.

In comparison, the Sweet 'n Low I think is a better fit for a more, shall we say, "mature" figure? The rise is a mid-rise and the fit is called "relaxed" on the Sweet 'n Low. Since there is really nothing relaxed about the "relaxed" fit, I'm assuming I could never get my butt into a "slim" fit, but it sounds like the slim fit fits you. It must be very flattering!

Now that I'm an expert ;-) , I think I would agree that you need to go at least one size lower.

HTH,
Nancy

P.S. NYC Nancy: When you try Luckys, try the mid-rise.

At least I know if my legal career doesn't work out, I can always be a salesperson at a Lucky store now! :+

Thanks so much, Candi! I'm just happy to have one pair. Unfortunately, I have the kind of life where I don't get to wear jeans too often, so I all I really needed was the one pair. I now consider myself to be set for life in the jeans department!

-Nancy

Nancy! Thanks so much for looking on the Lucky site for me! I think I am going to go for the 27's. I much prefer mid-rise, so maybe the Sweet 'N Lows are the way to go. Thanks again!!
--Jennifer
P.S. Your comment about a future career had me rolling!! :)

Thanks to this thread, I am informed about Lucky Jeans and I just won an auction for a pair on e-bay! I hope I'm as happy with them as y'all are!
Just Do It! :)

OMG, Nancy, you look FABULOUS! They don't look one bit tight and I love the style.

The Luckies I tried on were the very low-rise kind and I didn't like how they looked at all. I am definitely looking at the Sweet 'n Lows. I know the salespeople sold you on the smaller size, but how did this compare to the size you regularly wear? I am probably going to order them online since the local stores carry only the tiny-girl-hope-you-haven't-had-a-kid size! :p

Thanks,
Marie

Nancy - just saw this... Girl! You are one hot looking woman! Holy cow!

Now I'm regretting that I bought a pair of jeans elsewhere. I may just have to return them and get "Lucky". I won't look like you, but, wow!

Hi, Marie! Thanks so much! I am really loving the jeans. The size I bought was called "26" which I was told is like a size "2". I have never worn a size 2 in my life. My normal size is 6, so it's like 2 sizes smaller than normal. The salespeople were right, though. I'm glad I got the smaller size because they do stretch.

-Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.