Lucky too?

Nancy - they look awesome. KEEP them.

You are a BAD influence - first MAC now this ;)
However just yesterday I paid for my DD's spring semester at a private college. So NOT this month!

Editted to say - I don't think they look tight at all.

Nancy, they look great on you - really! I don't think they look one bit tight and you can trust me because I'll never tell someone something looks good if I don't think so. Just ask my friends.:)

Just saw this thread and have to say, Nancy, they look awesome!!! You go girl! You wear those Lucky's with pride!! You have worked hard and look amazing in them!! I wish I had a store close by that sells them. I hate to order online and have to send them back. I do have one question. What do Lucky sizes equate to in other jean sizes? For example, a size 4 in DKNY or Levi's (what I mostly wear)is what in Lucky's? Thanks!
--Jennifer

They look great, Nancy. If they're feeling tight, do some knee bends and such--should loosen them a little bit, though the process does take time. I agree that you're a very bad influence on these boards, by the way! Your post about eyebrow shaping long ago made me first come out of lurking here. Then lately all the MAC stuff and now jeans. }( (Keep it up--I really need to ditch my sorry, outdated wardrobe!)

Oh Nancy, they look great on you!!!

Now I'm gonna be embarrassed to post pics of myself in my Lucky's...I'm not nearly as slender in the lower half as you are, girl! You look fab!:)

NANCY!!! Cut off those tags! They are worth every penny you spent for them. You look awesome in them.

I agree with everyone else, Nancy!!! They ROCK on you!!! The salespeople didn't lie. Wahoo!!!!! New jeans!!!!! Have fun!

Awwwwwwww. You guys are too sweet. I can't even believe I posted these pics and you guys are making me feel better about it. I felt kind of silly after I did it.

I agree that in the pics the jeans don't look too tight. Nothing is pulling or puckering. However, I do think that my house slippers are not the right shoes, and my legs could look a bit longer if I wore something more Stacy-esque!

Yup, the salespeople were probably right about the size, and the tags are coming off.

Thank you all so much for not laughing at me!!!!

-Nancy

Normally, I would respond to your post and say things like "you're silly for thinking we would laugh" but around here, I think we all share something great, so I'm going to say "You're Welcome" instead. I'm glad you could suspend your reservations long enough to post the photos- you really do look great in those jeans.

My best friend at school tells me she will never ask me if her butt looks big because she knows I'd tell her the truth. }( That's bad when you're talking about butts, but good when you're talking about hearts. She's still my friend, so I guess she understands! But we still never go shopping together...

I hope you enjoy your jeans, Nancy!

Jennifer, I think a size 4 is called a 27 in Lucky jeans. At least, that's what the saleslady at Bloomingdale's told me for the Sweet 'n Low style. I thought the 27 fit me very nicely, but they urged me to buy a 26, which they called a size 2. Now, let me tell you, I don't own a single other piece of clothing that is a size 2! And if 26 is a waist size, I assure you my waist has NEVER measured that small in my entire life (okay, once, when I was 17 and officially diagnosed with anorexia nervosa). So, go to the Lucky store and get a big ego boost! :D

-Nancy

Bunbun-
I'm so sorry to be a bad influence!

You know, I really liked the eyebrow shapings, but my eyebrows were growing back so fast, I really needed to go back every 4-5 weeks. Ramy did a great job, but at $65 a session, I was feeling badly about how it was adding up. There is a woman in my office who gets it done for $25, but she has to go all the way uptown and I just don't have the time during the day to make that kind of trip. So, I'm back to just trimming them myself. My eyebrows aren't that bad, and I'm feeling good about saving the money.

-Nancy

Wendy, I wish I were as fit as you are! I think you look ABSOLUTELY fabulous, and I'm sure those new jeans look great on you. I really wish you would post so that I can feel less alone here! (Please please).
-Nancy

Oh, and Wendy, just editing to say, my legs are REALLY short, but the jeans make them look a bit longer, so I can just imagine how long your legs must look!

I had the same thoughts about the money, Nancy. I can't bring myself to spend that every month or so, so I've just been doing them myself. I can't believe how fast my brows grow--I have to tweeze them nearly every day. At least I have the basic shape to follow now, though. I don't mind your "bad" influence at all, though. :)

Can't say I blame you, Robyn. I think the makeover was a better expenditure for you. I'm so glad you went!

Resa-
You know, I didn't even plan to stand in front of my barbell and stability ball, but for this forum it turned out to be pretty appropriate! LOL!!
-Nancy

Nancy,

You've probably decided by now to keep the jeans but I wanted to add my observation: You look dang good!! There are so many women on this forum who inspire me for various reasons. You, at almost fifty, look 10 years younger (or more even!). I'm just four years behind you and when I see pictures of you I know there is nothing to fear about 50! I say go buy some more jeans!

Nancy, I totally agree with everyone...they look great on you! Throw the tags away! My son bought me a pair of Lucky's the Christmas before this last one and honest-to-goodness, the zipper was about an inch long! There was no way I would ever be able to bend over in them even though they fit! I ended up taking them back and didn't have time to try on jeans that day so now you all have me thinking I need to go try them on. They truly look super-duper on you! Have fun at your Mom's birthday party! You will be lookin' hot!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Debbie,
It sounds like your son bought you the ULTRA low rise. Go for the mid-rise and you'll like them a lot better. And speaking of hot mamas in their fifties!! Debbie, you are one of my greatest inspirations!!!
-Nancy

Awww Nanc! Thanks, talk about making someone's day/week/month!! You just did! I am on a mission now to find just the right Lucky's. Thanks for the suggestion.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.