Lower body focus exercises

My lower body has always been my trouble zone. It has definitely improved but I can never seem to tone my legs enough that I don't have a bunch of lines and pockets. I was doing STS and started bulking which seemed to make my legs worse. Now I'm cutting and doing XTrain (which I LOVE). I'm and week 6 of the 90 day undulating. I have noted that about every other day there is some plyo, tabata or blast that really works legs. Being that this is really my trouble zone, I didn't know if there is something more I could or should do in addition to tone my legs. I recently started doing the weighted hip thrusts but am not sure how often I should do it. I know muscles need a break too and I don't want to overwork them either. I would appreciate some advice as I am so frustrated with my legs at this point and don't know what to do. Thanks!

My 2 cents: Follow the program for 90 days and then reevaluate. I did Cathe's Rock Bottom rotation for 30 days and it definitely worked my butt. While I was doing it, it was hard and there were times my legs were not fully recovered, but I kept at it and got great results. Cathe is a genius and I'd give her rotation a fair shot.

Beth

My lower body has always been my trouble zone. It has definitely improved but I can never seem to tone my legs enough that I don't have a bunch of lines and pockets. I was doing STS and started bulking which seemed to make my legs worse. Now I'm cutting and doing XTrain (which I LOVE). I'm and week 6 of the 90 day undulating. I have noted that about every other day there is some plyo, tabata or blast that really works legs. Being that this is really my trouble zone, I didn't know if there is something more I could or should do in addition to tone my legs. I recently started doing the weighted hip thrusts but am not sure how often I should do it. I know muscles need a break too and I don't want to overwork them either. I would appreciate some advice as I am so frustrated with my legs at this point and don't know what to do. Thanks!

Hi Laura! Stick with the rotation as is for its duration and rather then add more legwork really eat a super clean diet. This doesn't mean a super strict diet where you can hardly eat anything it simply means eating healthier food choices like foods in their most natural state versus processed foods, simple carbohydrates, fried foods or bread/pasta products.

Hi Laura! Stick with the rotation as is for its duration and rather then add more legwork really eat a super clean diet. This doesn't mean a super strict diet where you can hardly eat anything it simply means eating healthier food choices like foods in their most natural state versus processed foods, simple carbohydrates, fried foods or bread/pasta products.

Thank you! I already eat pretty clean and try to stay within my macros daily. I do have treats sometimes though. I'll refrain for the remainder of the rotation. :)

My 2 cents: Follow the program for 90 days and then reevaluate. I did Cathe's Rock Bottom rotation for 30 days and it definitely worked my butt. While I was doing it, it was hard and there were times my legs were not fully recovered, but I kept at it and got great results. Cathe is a genius and I'd give her rotation a fair shot.

Beth

Is the Rock Bottom rotation listed in the guide? I didn't see anything like that. Maybe I missed it?

As a vegetarian, I have a hard time getting enough protein. Typically, I will eat Greek yogurt, nuts, beans, seeds, cottage cheese, low fat/light cheese, tofu, tempeh, eggs and some fish. I also use protein powder, Think Thin and Quest bars. I'm guessing then that the powder and protein should go and the rest is ok?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.