Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT Presale

FEB 2011 Rock Bottoms Rotation

Discussion in 'VIDEO & DVD ROTATIONS' started by Cathe Friedrich, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Cathe Friedrich Administrator

[FONT=&quot]FEB 2011[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Rock Bottoms Rotation

Hi Everyone! Upon your request I have revised and updated the ROCK BOTTOMS June 06 rotation. That means this month's rotation is all about the “bottom line” [/FONT]
    J[FONT=&quot] But remember, hard work pays off twice as fast ( and really shows off that newly sculpted bottom) when it is accompanied by a very clean diet. So get ready to blast some butt, burn some butt, firm some butt and last but not least, of course, kick some butt!!!! This is a very advanced rotation that will really shock your system, however, it is best suited for time periods when you are in peek condition. If at any time the rotation gets to be too aggressive 1) modify whenever needed and/or 2) put a rest day in place of a high intensity cardio day and/or 3) do only one workout on Saturday.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The following "Bonus Butt Workout" is to be done whenever you see "BBW" listed on a given day[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:

Bonus Butt Workout (abbreviated as BBW):
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1) One minute of squats with a challenging barbell weight chased by 20 seconds squat jumps.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    2) One minutes of walking lunges with a 10 pound weighted vest (or with 8 pound hand weights per hand) chased by 20 seconds of deep controlled power scissors.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    3) One minute of Plie squats with a challenging barbell weight chased by 20 seconds ice breakers.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    4) Two minutes of firewalkers with a medium tension band (4 to 6 steps each direction until two minutes are up)…chased by your favorite choice of words for me, wink![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    5) Barbell Deadlift...2 slow sets of 15 reps [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]***Conclude the Bonus Butt Workout with the[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Bonus Barre segment on my Lower Body Blast DVD

WEEK ONE:

Mon: Cardio Core Circuit plus 300 walking lunges and stretch
    Tues: Lower Body Blast (without the Bonus Barre segment)
    Wed: Kick Punch and Crunch
    Thurs: HIIT 40/20 Plus Ab Circuits (weights and plates)
    Fri: Shock Cardio Athletic Step plus BBW
    Sat Split: STS Plyo Legs in morning and do Kick Max later in the day
    Sun: OFF or Stretch Workout

WEEK TWO:

Mon: IMAX 2 plus 300 walking lunges and stretch
    Tues: STS Total Body
    Wed: Hiit 30/30 plus Butts and Guts
    Thurs: Pyramid Upper Body plus BBW
    Fri: Intensity
    Sat Split: Leaner Legs in morning and Hiit Double Wave Pyramid plus BBW later in day[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sun:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Rest or stretch workout

WEEK THREE:

Mon: Body Max 2
    Tues: Intensity….plus BBW….plus Ab Circuits (no equipment needed)
    DOUBLE SHOT WED: 4DS Kickbox in its entirety during day and Lower Body Blast later in evening[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thurs:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 40 minutes interval run ….plus 400 walking lunges…. plus BBW
    Fri: STS Plyo Legs
    Sat Split: High Step Training Advanced (leg press heaven, wink) in morning and Butts and Guts later in day
    Sun…rest and stretch[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    WEEK FOUR:

Mon: 4DS Lower Intensity Step plus 400 walking lunges
    Tues: Legs and Glutes Plus Ab Circuits( Yoga Based Abs)
    Wed: 4DS Bootcamp
    Thurs: Cardio Core Circuit right into Butts and Guts (skip B&G warmup)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Fri:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 4DS Higher Intensity Step
    Sat Split: Lower Body Blast in morning and 4DS Kickbox later in day
    Sun:
    Rest and stretch[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]---

[/FONT]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. bayerngirl Cathlete

WOW, Cathe! Looks good!:D

3. mdheine Member

My butt is burning just reading this! Thanks Cathe!

4. ckanuckel Cathlete

not to sound stupid, but is the barre segment of LBB suppose to be done after every BBW?

5. tbabcock Member

Wow! I saw people requesting this rotation on the boards but now that I see it - OMG! I'm afraid I'll be "choosing one" on the Double Shot days but thanks for the options! :D

6. thebratee1 Cathlete

Oh my gosh, ouch!!! After this, I will either have a rock bottom or not be able to walk.

Thanks Cathe (I think)

Regina

7. Pippadog1 Cathlete

Hi Cathe

Thanks so much. My glutes burn just reading it. lol

Laura

8. dixiedog6 Cathlete

That's awesome! Thanks!

9. teddy16410 Cathlete

Cathe you TOTALLY ROCK! Thank you for hearing our cries of help for better bottoms! ;-):eek:

10. mrslcp Cathlete

Substitution?

Hello,
    Is there something I could substitute for the Walking Lunges?
    Thanks,
    Lisa in Louisiana

11. ebonynicole Cathlete

Ok, so I get up too early to do a workout in the morning. I have to do my workouts in the afternoon, so I'll have to pick one or another. This rotation scares me a bit if I don't get a rock bottom from this I don't know what will :)

12. catieohme Member

I'm starting right now!

and I'd like to know the same thing...can I substitute something for walking lunges...and is doing 300 of them safe?

13. FiddleFit Cathlete

My jaw is on the floor. That's an incredible rotation, Cathe! The Double Shots in Week 3 might just kill me. Thank heavens I'm still doing the STS 5.5 month rotation! But this one will go into my back pocket for a future date, for sure!

14. ckanuckel Cathlete

ok, I've never done this much lower body in a week, let alone entire month! I have to be honest, I'm a bit concerned about my lower body getting bigger from working it too much. Is that possible or crazy to think that

15. Cathe Friedrich Administrator

Hi Lisa,

Yes you can alternate back lunges for 50, then front lunges for 50 and keep going until you hit the same number that was requested for walking lunges.

IE: Right back lunge equals one lunge, left lunge back equals 2, right lunge back equals three, left lunge back equals 4...etc.

16. Cathe Friedrich Administrator

Everyone responds to exercise differently. For some even just one lunge bothers their knees so as you can see, you have to judge this for yourself. No doubt this rotation is very advanced so you should do as many as you can or as many as you are comfortable doing.

17. Cathe Friedrich Administrator

Hi Christine...hmm, I just answered this and when I hit "submit reply" it didn't take it and then vanished all together. Grrrrrr. Ok, I'll give you an abbreviated answer since this is all I have time for.

Everyone is different and responds differently to certain exercises/rotations. I like to make a wide variety of rotations to suit a wide variety of our participants needs. This is without a doubt an advanced lower body rotation so only do what you can do or prefer to do. If at some point you feel the rotation doesn't suit your needs, then simply stop doing it and pick up where you left off with another one of my rotations.

Good luck with everything :)

18. teddy16410 Cathlete

AMEN! I also know it will help me eat super clean because how on earth can I eat poorly after putting myself thru this much torture- I mean FUN every day! :eek:

19. teddy16410 Cathlete

Come to the dark side sandra! ;-) BTW: YOUR bottom is already a rock! ;)

20. teddy16410 Cathlete

Thats how I interpreted it. YOWZA:eek: