Low Max

judejude

Cathlete
Has anyone had good results w/Low Max? I'm thinking of getting this one. I'm really struggling w/my lower body area (saddle bags, flabby inner thighs). I have PLB & LL which I incorporate into my rotations and am trying to eat well.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

I do not have it, but have read some good things about it on this sight. I know it is going to be on Fittv on Monday June 13th at 10:00 CST. I'm going to record it and do it a few times before I order it.

I absolutely love LowMax - It is a really fun workout and actually quite challenging. Its not hard on the joints and in my opinion really gets the heart rate up there. It is so worth the purchase - I keep reaching for it and with a ton of weight to loose I am noticing HUGE changes. Hope you get it - you too will be a fan.

Steph

I love LowMax, too! I just started including it in my workouts and am so sorry that I waited so long to give it a try. It's a super tough workout without all the high intensity. I was drenched yesterday at the end, and still wanted more! It's a great addition to any collection!

Thanks Steph! I've no doubt the workout is great since it's Cathe.

But you touched on what I was really asking...has anyone seen results w/this workout.

What HUGE changes did you notice & how many times a week, over what period of time did you use low max in order to see results? I'm trying to eat clean, but it's hard.

LOVE LM. It's a great work out.

For lowe body I highly recommend L&G. The best results ever was when I was doing that too .

How could you not get results from a workout that has a cardio and lower body toning effect?

If you are doing LL and L&G also, you absolutely have to see results within a month. As you continue with this program, over the course of several months, the results will be more pronounced.

These are all excellent workouts.

Clare

I love Lowmax so much. Since I can't do any high impact cardio right now LM is perfect for me. I still work up a sweat and know that I've had a good workout. I highly recommend it.

kim

AWW! See what you all did, I broke down and ordered it last night. I need just a little extra somethin' something' for my legs and I think this should do it.

I will use this as my main cardio for a few weeks, how often so you suggest I do it? Since its low impact on the knees I assume its okay to do it as often as I run or do cardio machine (ie elliptical, bike) say 3 times a week?

Skye

I've been doing the all step premix and love it. But this past weekend, I finally did combos 1-4. My legs were toastin'. I was sore -- hamstrings especially. Anything that makes your legs sore is gonna get results in the lower body.

I think Lowmax is my favorite cardio DVD right now.

I finally did LowMax all the way through yesterday. Whew! I burned 746 calories!!! That's the most I think I've ever burned in one workout. Toward the 4th blast I started thinking about stopping but I pushed through and am so glad I did! I'll definitely be using this one at least twice a week.

Kat

I just ordered LM based on all the great feedback, but I'm getting worried. Why is it called 'low' max? It's sounding more like 'High' max.

I love lowmax! Don't be scared. It's called that since it's not high impact but trust me you will feel it and you will love it. The choreography is pretty easy to cath on to and the time flies by. Now I almost want to do it instead of my planned stepblast today!

Terri

Low Max is my new favorite. I have done it only twice so I can't tell you about results yet, but the blasts hit the lower body really well! I'm in love with the premixes too. You can do the step portion only, or the blasts only, etc. I can't wait to add those blasts to future rotations. They're only 23 mins and I see myself adding those after lower body weight training workouts easily.

No high impact. That's why it's called low. She says on there, it is high intensity, low impact. It's a lot of fun. I don't have any of her other step cardio workouts, so I don't have much Cathe to compare to, but it's really fun.
You'll be fine! Enjoy!

I have been trying to decide if I am going to order low max. I got away from Cathe's step because I had a knee that started bothering me. I now do all Cathes kickboxing workouts kp&c,kickbox,cardio kicks,kickmax,bike riding outside,taebo and pilates and yoga.

my knees are a lot stronger now I think from doing lots of squats and lunges so I might give it a try. I like the idea of the kickboxing blasts on the step.

Have a nice day you all seem to love low max. Is it more intense than step blast or imax3? I have those 2 and they give me a great workout.

Is it a must have dvd? is the fun factor as good as step blast,rythmic step.

my favorite hardcore is KICK MAX LOVE IT.

Thanks and good night

Deb
:)

My perceived intensity is that IMAX3is harder than LowMax is harder than Step Blast but my HRM tells me that overall I am working harder and burning many more calories with LowMax than with IMAX3. IMAX3 burns slightly more calories than Step Blast.

I'm doing my own rotation right now so I'm alternating days of cardio only & weights only (either PUB/LL/PLB/HS/CTX upper etc). Since Low Max is considered cardio, would it be ok to do my weight day as PLB or LL - I know I could choose an upper body weight day to follow Low Max. But I just want to know if it would be considered working the same body part consecutively if I did Low Max & then PLB/LL ?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.