Low Max

re post:
I'm doing my own rotation right now so I'm alternating days of cardio only & weights only (either PUB/LL/PLB/HS/CTX upper etc). Since Low Max is considered cardio, would it be ok to do my weight day as PLB or LL - I know I could choose an upper body weight day to follow Low Max. But I just want to know if it would be considered working the same body part consecutively if I did Low Max & then PLB/LL ?

>My perceived intensity is that IMAX3is harder than LowMax is
>harder than Step Blast but my HRM tells me that overall I am
>working harder and burning many more calories with LowMax than
>with IMAX3. IMAX3 burns slightly more calories than Step
>Blast.

Funny, I've had the same results. IMAX3 feels much harder than LowMax and stepblast, but I burn way more calories doing LowMax. I only have the fit tv version of stepblast so I'm sure I'd burn much more if I had the entire version. By the way, do any of you think that buying the real version of stepblast is worth is compared to the fit tv version? I really enjoy what I have of stepblast so I'm wondering if I should break down and buy the darned thing.:)
Thanks all,
carolyn

judejude

I've always treated lower differently from uppers. I don't want my leg muscles getting too bulky so yes, I do PLB and then run the next day. I just ordered low max yesterday after reading these awesome post. Now I can do Low Max instead of always running as my cardio. So yes, I work legs 2 days consecutively. I would never do two upper bodies in a row. Just my opinion.

~Chrissy~

Consider me another convert. I just ordered Low Max after reading the posts. Thanks so much to everyone for your advice and input!

Chrissy, thanks for the info! I got Low Max yesterday & previewed it. It didn't look too bad as far as following the steps, but it is sooooo long. I'm going to try it tonight.

Loved it. I have exercised to Low Max three times this week. I
recently purchased her entire collection. The best investment
I have every made. I started exercising to the Body Blast Series
first. Kick, Punch,& Crunch was my all time favorite, then I began
exercising to the classics. Maximum Intensity Cardio replaced
KPC as my favorite. I exercised to MIC three times a week for two
weeks. I then decided to exercise to the Hard Core Series. I have
also exercised to Kick Max which I also loves and Imax 3. Haven't
broken the seals on the others (HC) because I love Low Max so much.
CATHE ROCKS along with Jai, Cede, Lorraine. and Brenda. Thirty
minutes into the workout, I am dripping. When the workout is over,
I am soaked. My lower body is fatigued with fire in my thighs.
WHAT A WORKOUT.

Hattie

I ordered LowMax also last week. I love the LowMax segments that are on Hardcore Extreme and with all the praise this w/o has consistently gotten on the boards, I had to have it. Hope it gets here soon.

I also just ordered LowMax last night. My Mom is always worried about my high impact workouts and stress on my knees (which never hurt but she worries anyway!). Most low impact workouts don't get my heart rate up enough but it seems LowMax will be a wonderful exception. Can't wait to get it!!!

I also ordered CoreMax and a DVD version of IMAX 2 with C&W (in case my vcr ever breaks down). ;-)

Z.

"The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more."

Hi Roomie!

Just saw your post and LowMax is the one I'm bringing for Cathe to sign! This is one of my favorites - I LOVE it! I typically use a 6" step but on this particular workout I use the 8", helps to get the old heartrate up a bit. See you in a couple weeks :) .

Sami

Hi Back At Ya Roomie!

I just did LowMax last night for the first time. I'm in LOVE with it! I also usually use 6 inch step and used an 8 inch for this one. My heart rate got up to 172! LowMax is definitely a keeper. Can't wait to do it again.

I haven't decided which ones to bring for Cathe to sign. I just have so many favorites it's hard to decide.

Can't wait until the RoadTrip! I am literally counting the days.

Z.

"The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more."

I just had to get back to everyone. I've had Low Max for 2 weeks now, and have done it about 5 times. I just got finished with the 5th. I'm finally getting most of the step moves (until I think about them too much, then I stumble :p) and I thought that once I started getting them, the challenge of the workout would be gone. NO WAY!!! I finished thinking, "Oh man I love this workout!" I look forward to the days I can do it. Tomorrow is weights, but I'm thinking of doing just the step version afterwards to work out some of the lactic acid. Color me tickled pink! The best $26 I have ever spent!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.