Love/Hate Living with someone

What do you love/hate about living with your spouse/significant other/roommate?

Love: DH spins all of our canned goods and food in the cupboard so that you can see what each item is. This comes from his days working in a grocery store in college. People always comment about it when they see our cupboards.

Hate: What I hate is that he feels that he must crack every bone in his body before getting into bed (neck, back, knuckles, etc.). It takes several minutes and is a gross sound!!

There are a lot more that I love (and hate!!!), but these were running through my mind and I thought that I'd ask what yours are.
Jenn

This is an interesting topic . . . and before I answer, let me relate a story my mom shared with me. I was complaining about the whiskers that my DH leaves in the sink when he shaves. And she put things into perspective for me - fast! My dad passed away when I was 9, and she used to hate the whiskers in the sink as well . . . after he died, she said she'd give anything to see those whiskers in the sink again. Heavy.

But I digress . . .

Love: The fact that my DH loves to cook and does it well.

Hate: The fact that he dirties every pot/pan we have in the process! I've nicknamed him 12 pot Pete!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Mo

This is fun!

Love that my husband likes and respects my desire to workout.

Hate the fact that just because I can bench 70 pounds doesn't mean that I don't deserve to be treated like a girly girl on occasion...

C

Mo~ I have a similar story concerning leaving the toilet seat up. My Grandma would love it if Grandpa were still here to leave it up, even one more time (even it it meant that she would fall into the toilet water at 3AM)!!!

Mostly I LOVE sharing living space with DH, but sometimes...well!!!... you know!!
Jenn :7 :7

Fun topic! First off I have to say that I in general I love everything about living with DH, it took me a long time to find him and so I am grateful every day for this wonderful man in my life.

That said, let me tell you how he bugs me. :D

LIKES: he's super handy so things get done. He's funny so the house has a lot of laughter.

DISLIKES: the man seems to be incapable of pouring a cup of coffee without dripping it on the counter, the floor, the table, any cookbooks I have around...

Sparrow

We have whiskers in the sink too, and honest to God, I found myself thinking the very same sentiment: "What if he weren't here anymore? I'd kill to see these whiskers."

Love: So, so much about him ~ too hard to pick one thing. He's very funny and smart, which makes living with him an adventure.

Can't Stand: The fact that he's a clutter bug. He leaves things in piles and has a hard time throwing things away. I'm the complete opposite, so you can imagine. Grrr.

What a neat thread.....I've found the same with my 13 year old beagle that just passed away a month ago. I swore I'd never get another beagle because of all the hair! Needless to say, we are looking for a female beagle puppy right now. All the joy and comfort that come with all that vaccuming of hair is amazing. I'd run that stupid vaccum cleaner every day to get my sweetie back! Just goes to show, I guess.......

But I digress....
With DH

Love: He has such a big heart. Is always a glass full kind of guy. Is funny and smart - a strategic thinker. Is a great dad. Can fix practically anything. Very patient. Always has my back! Very considerate of me and of everyone around him.

Hate (or should I say...don't like so much) He can't seem to find the laundry hamper. Is a morning person. Dribbles coffee everywhere (must be a brother of the above poster). Works way to much. Can't say NO to anyone. Would rather work on trucks or tractors than to clean anything including his pole barn.

I wouldn't change him for anything. ;-)

What a great thread!

LOVE about DH: he always does the dishes, even cleans up after me as I cook, he is very handy, and always very helpful in general

DISLIKE about DH: he INSISTS on leaving certain amounts of "clutter" laying around on countertops and such, refuses to leave the toilet paper roll on the roller, "forgets" to scoop the litter box, that's enough for now...

well right now i am in pms mode so the love part is going to be hard LOL. but hey i hardly have to mess with the trash can,dig through the storage shed or make uncomfortable phone calls(mostly to irrate teachers,social workouts etc about viola)and that a round or two of tickle monsters with viola can help me get dinner done without tripping over her

hate-that he spends more time on the puter playing dumb games then just laying in bed watching a scary movie, that he can't pick up his damn dirty clothes off the floor(on his side of the bed ALWAYS) that he never puts his dvds back in the book when done watching just piles them on the dvd player.that he cleans half a$$ed so i don't ask him to do it again(mostly this is for dishes and vacumning)

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

http://jtjulian2003.tripod.com

YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING,WHERE WOULD YOU PUT IT??

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/255246443.jpg

Violinga... :7

I see the toilet paper roll was mentioned. Just yesterday, my husband used the last paper towel but made no attempt to either

a) throw the empty cardboard cylinder away

or

b) get a new roll of paper towels from the pantry.

He left the empty roll on top of the sink, which is all of 2 diagonal feet from the garbage can. Why? Why wouldn't you just throw it away?

Fun topic Jenn!

LOVE: Talking to him in the evening over dinner. It helps put the whole day into perspective, and I get all of the support, encouragement and advice I need. I usually walk away from the table with new ideas for dealing with things.

LOVE: Having in-house tech support 24/7!

LOVE: That he takes care of insurance claim forms and all kinds of boring paper work that I would never get to.

HATE: The hoarding. My DH is a pack rat and I'm a neat freak. x( We are Felix and Oscar!

Oh, fun!

LOVE: He's incredibly creative, yet also analytical. Amazing cook (he's a chef), makes me laugh uproariously, puts up with my raging PMS, and *ahem* other things I won't mention here in detail}(

HATE: He sometimes needs a sous chef to clean up after him, he leaves whiskers in the sink, if it were left up to him, no bill would ever get paid, the fact that he wrecks every t-shirt and pair of pants that he owns by spilling paint all over them!!!!

Heehee..oh what fun!

Love: DH makes our bed every morning and empties the dishwasher, two things I despise doing!

Love: He wakes up every morning (very few exceptions here) in a joyous mood and always gives me a kiss. I wake up like a bear from hibernation until I drink my first cup of coffee, so its nice to have that balance.

Love: He wolf whistles at me all day long. Boy, I am a lucky girl, this is especially nice when I am in the throes of PMS bloat.

Hate: He wears socks to bed, it feels weird playing "footsie" underneath the covers with feet in sport socks...he takes them off only to shower, and no, there is nothing wrong with his feet, they are actually quite attractive.:p

Hate: He takes a drink of soda and leaves the can laying about, there is usually about 6 half empty cans laying around the house at any given time.He never finishes any one can.

Ditto on the soda can thing...

I'll get the DISLIKES out of the way first -- either he doesn't listen or is just selectively deaf... I asked him to power wash our picnic tables to get them ready for my daughter's birthday party. He just heard "power-wash" and spent 3 hours spraying the driveway, the house and the garage... guess what? The picnic tables are still filthy.
He loves to clean -- he'll do the bathroom and the kitchen and of course the cat-box. But as hard as he works at cleaning and sterilizing stuff, you would think he would try to make it into the bowl when he goes to the bathroom. It's really scary how off the mark he is sometimes.
Plus when he cleans, he wears purple plastic gloves to keep his hands safe from the chemicals. It just seems a little "un-manly" to me...

My biggest love is seeing him play, laugh and tickle with our daughter. She adores her daddy and always asks where he is when he's gone. He can cook and I already mentioned the cleaning. He will put gas in my car because I don't like to smell like gas afterward.

Charlene

I have to say ditto on the whiskers thing.

Things I dislike would have to be DH would starve if I didn't make dinner. Also how he can eat anything and not gain a pound, then lose 10 without trying. And ditto on being selectively deaf also.

Things I love he is a great daddy. He is very handy and a great mechanic so I never have to take the car anywhere else. He is funny, with a very dry sense of humor.

Jenn

Love: My dh has been *trained* to take out the trash before it overflows, puts away his own laundry (I wash it, but he folds it and puts it away), puts the toilet seat down, and he always has coffee waiting for me when I wake up.

Hate: When he makes his lunch in the morning, I always have to wipe up his crumbs, put away the mayo knife, and put away the bread. How hard would it be to put it back in the breadbox?? Pretty darn hard, I guess!! LOL

Love: How he is Mr. Fixit and can fix anything around the house, and takes care all of the maintenance!

Hate: Another vote for him not rinsing out the sink after shaving and would never even think of cleaning a toilet???

It's all little petty things that I can overlook (I'm a neat freak anyway!) and I'm truly blessed to be married to the most wonderful man!

Ha ha.....

Goodness, I am glad I am not the only one dealing with the whiskers! :)

LOVE: DH is a Handyman by trade and is AMAZING in all areas I don't even know about! Time and Money keep him from transforming our humble house into a castle! :+

IRKS: Time on Internet or E-mail - slow typer keeps him out of our bed ;-) :(

Fun thread!

Mary

Love: Tells me he loves me all the time, calls me beautiful, opens doors for me, drops me off in the rain, and he's a great cook! I also love how he babys our two dogs--he'll pick them up and cuddle them and baby talk and everything!!

Most importantly, I love his attitude. He lost his leg 2 1/2 years ago in Iraq, but he never complains or feels sorry for himself, and actually jokes about it quite a bit. He amazes me every day by what an awesome attitude he has about a pretty bad situation.

Hate: Whiskers !!, I am super prompt at paying bills, but he will wait until the last minute, will not clean unless I ask him to.

Maybe we should get a support group together and try to figure out how to get these guys to rinse their whiskers out of the sink. I didn't realize it was such an epidemic!!

Wow, your DH sounds really neat to have such a great attitude about his leg! :) I love it when men act so silly and love on their animals and really babies like that! So Cool

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.