Looking for a Social Group...

mom2one

Well, I suppose I've been lurking enough here and I've got enough CATHE workouts now in my library to justify becoming a Cathlete. :D I would love to find a social group here to check in regularly and get/give some support. Most of the groups look well established and I feel a little funny just jumping in, but I'm open to recommendations/invitations. :) My goals: simply trying to maintain my weight (I've lost a total of 95lbs) and gain some muscle at almost age 50 and anything else to help me make it through menopause! :p I'm a homeschool teacher with very little time to myself and try to make the most of my workouts when I do have the time. I like Cathe's workouts because there is so much variety and I like the premixes that allow me to choose when I'm short on time. I like workouts with compound exercise to really get the job done and I also enjoy kickboxing, pilates and yoga. I also have some nutritional challenges and follow a paleo/primal diet.

Would love to connect with others with similar goals/interest. :)

Thanks!
~Amy

Hi, I'm with you, 40 years old 4 kids my last 2 are 7 and 2 years old, I love Cathe dvds, I lost all my pregnancy weight and now I try to lose 5 more pounds or looks better. Now I'm doing January rotation. How obout you?

Wow you both have done a wonderful job! I am in the check in to the max there's only three of us now so if if you'd like to join there we would be happy to have you there! We do miss once in a while on a check in but we try to always keep up with workouts and encourage each other. I am 44 and have two boys but they both are older so I have more time. Anyway if u decide to join it will be great to hear more of what you did to lose that weight! Maybe you should try to do a success story!

hi mom2one! I am part of the Strength in numbers check in and we are always happy to have new members. There are only 4 of us at the moment, but feel free to check out our check in :D and if you want to join, just post a short message!

Pam

Awww, thanks Pam and Renee. I would love to join you guys! :) I had thought about starting my own group, but not sure I would have the time right now to commit to it, but it will be nice to pop in now and then and say hello and for accountability. :)

Thanks again! :)

Hi, I'm with you, 40 years old 4 kids my last 2 are 7 and 2 years old, I love Cathe dvds, I lost all my pregnancy weight and now I try to lose 5 more pounds or looks better. Now I'm doing January rotation. How obout you?

GREAT job! I remember just how hard it was to lose that pregnancy weight! Sounds like you are doing great! :) I have been looking at January's rotation and I may just jump on it for February! I'm lacking a few of the videos still, but have most of them. How do you like the new Flex Train? That one looks good! I may have to sub out a cardio day with another active rest day, since I'm trying not to lose any more weight. It's been challenging here lately to figure out what my body will respond best to. I tend to have a hard time gaining muscle. Could be age, or could just be my body type, hormones, diet, who know! :) I do find that if I do too much circuit/cardio I tend to lose muscle. My body these days responds best to more time for rest between workouts I find. I use to be a cardio junkie! :p Right now, I'm doing a simple Split rotation M: upper body; T: lower body; W: pilates and/or yoga Th: upper body; F: lower body; Sat: HIIT or Kickboxing; Sun: yoga/pilates. I'm just mixing up the videos I have to work out this Split, nothing too exciting, but I do like a new workout each week to keep from getting bored. I generally have to do the premixes on the dvds due to my time constraints (no more than 30-45min). I'm very thankful that Cathe has many options!! It's why I keep buying her workouts! :) This week I'm just doing my Split using L.I.S Total Body Trisets. I have a few favorite pilates/barre workouts I use on my rest days and I use Cathe's Hard Strikes, KPC, HIIT and other favorite cardio workouts. I don't seem to do a lot of cardio these days...I do walk my dogs every day though. :)

Thanks for replying and hope to see you in one of the suggested groups! :)
Keep up the good work!
~Amy

Hi Ami, how are you. I don't have the news dvds I have to substitute the new one in the rotation, is hard for me with all the Cardio I love it but I modified some because I do have spinal stenosis, I'm still doing the best I can.

I bet you'd be welcomed in any group, including 40's. It's nice to meet new people. Some of the checkins seem more social than others and some are more workout focused. Read a little and see who you might like to get to know, but people drop in and out of check ins all the time- no contractual obligation, lol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.