Lil' Mamas June 28--July 5

Stephanie-I remember when I did clx I couldn't wait to move to the next phase! Glad Charlie is doing well and you are getting some alone time with him:)

Jess-Ikwym about dh messing up your schedule!! Mike came home early to take us out to lunch, which is very nice of him, but Ryder hasn't napped and I haven't exercised:mad: Now I have to take the boys to the dentist!! Hopefully Ryder can nap in the car:confused: I really don't like getting off of our everyday schedule.

Candra

Hi Mommies! Just a quick note to let you all know I'm still here. Anna is awake up there so I don't have much time though. We've had a busy, but fun couple of days. We went to my mom's and made red, white and blue sugar cookies this morning. I can resist the cookies but the dough gets me every time! Ugh. And Anna is just like her mommy. I finally had to take her away because I was afraid she was eating so much of it that she might get sick.

How do you all calculate how many calories to eat? Babyfit.com says I need around 2300! :eek: I've been trying to stay around 2000 and I'm down 2 pounds in the last week and a half so I guess it's working. My milk supply doesn't seem to be suffering either so I guess I'll just go with it. I just got paranoid reading the articles about starvation mode.

Sorry I don't have time for personals! DH is off tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to get some decent computer time in.

Candra - I just got through doing the family thing. Enjoy your time with the family and glad to hear your brother is back from Iraq.

Steph - Don't you love when your baby smiles at you? I love it. Pomai has a noggin on her also. Her and my ds have the large heads in the family.

Wendy - I do that every so often also just to see how far I've come. Sorry for all the rain. It is summer right, lol??

Jess - How exciting about DH coming home!! Planning anything special? DH and I were looking at the insanity wo. Thinking about it.

Kate - Sorry about your mom's dog. Hope the girls were okay with the news. Awesome job with the wos and eats! Forget about the scale, those things are evil!!!

Ashleigh - I haven't tracked my calories in years. I don't do it now because I'm bfing and I figure that as long as I'm eating relatively healthy and wo, I'm okay. My clothes are fitting better and I'm older this time around than my other two pgs, so I'm learning not to stress it.

Hi Sydney! Are you back?

Busy trying to work and get our deal on my DH's car closed. What a headache this all is. P is on the tail end of her illness. Her fever is way, way down, but she's still a little clingy. Taking lots of naps though which has made things easier. Planning on maybe doing LIC or a quick run depending on time.

Lisa

im back! they promise its fixed this time!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

jess, im excited for u to have dh home!!

wendt, i have a tighter assests cardio.... the wo is decent but tlw is annoyimg!

candra, im jealous you got to see your hub @ lunch!
good luck w/ the company!

stephanie, glad you had a good day w/ c!

lisa, did u get your wo?

ashleigh, i dont keep track of cals.... i get too restrictive:(
cookies......lalalala ...i dont heeeear youuuuuu!:p:p

-
did some amy b cardio & abs.....wow. shes got energy to spare!

Hi moms,

late post for me. Glad this week is over (don't have to work for the next 4 days--Yea)! But now is time to work around the house. :D DH has returned from his trip so for the next 2 weeks we get to be a family before he leaves again!! Got to love this job...

Lisa... I'm glad that your little one is on the mend.

jess.... I can't wait for insanity!!

Stephaine... sounds like you and Charlie had a nice time @ the pool.

Candra.....I know that you are happy that your son will get his stiches taken out....

Hi Wendy... Hi Kate... really sad about the dog :(

-----------
Well hubby let me in on what he is getting me for my birthday in a few weeks.... he let me watch him order it..... I am getting a spinning bike!! I am soooooo happy!!! The program comes with a few dvd's....I'm so happy about it. It should get here early and I am really going to use it.... now I have a mix between my treadmill, elliptical and now the spinning bike.

........ so why am I still not losing weight? I fit my clothes but there are ---I hate to say this---rolls:confused: I am eating better. I decided not to cut any food out, just eat smaller portions. I will chat more tomorrow....

Sydney-how exciting about the spin bike!!

Ashleigh-I don't track cals either. I eat when I am hungry and stop b/f I feel full;) This has always worked for me!!

Lisa-I hate car shopping!!!! I just want to walk in and buy it w/out all the hassle. When Mike and I bought our first car we were at the dealers for 10 hours:eek:

Kate-which amy wo did you do? I still have some of hers I bought while pg still in the wrapper:eek: I keep meaning to get around to them.

I might not be around much the next few days, with the family being here. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July:D

Candra

back from sil's, j had a short nap and i did 3 min of ab hilo. sts back tonight:D

everybody having a good day?

hey everyone!
Gah!! my Dh is having issues getting home. he was supposed to leave a few days ago and now wont be leaving till tomorrow (unless something else goes wrong). the plane had a door that wouldn't shut so that took a day off... now a dust storm! anyway. hes only home for 15 days then goes back for the rest of the year. Its his half time visit. The clock starts going down when he arrives I think so this delay isn't taking time from us but it's annoying not knowing when the heck he'll get here! gah!

---

Kate -you mean amy bento high lo? i love her w/os.

Sydney -woo hoo on the spin bike! man I wish I could get something like that. a bike, tredmill or eliptical would be awsome. but I don't know where I'd put it. Do you use cardio coach with them? he has that sale going now. I got the instrumentals to use when at my folks (she has a tredmill) and when I get back I'm going to try Liam in the jogging stroller!

GFmom -I'm awful with counting calories. I'm just lazy thats all. ha. I try to just eat healthy in general. I sometimes round out the fat grams and keep that under a certain number. I'm sure I'd be doing better if I was watching it that much but oh well. sometimes I just gotta eat what we have. I stop when I'm full. etc.

hello everyone else!

Last edited:
I am pooped. Pomai's fever is still lingering around. Not as high and definitely getting better, but she def has roseola. The rash is slowly starting to show behind her ears, neck, and belly. Once or twice a day though her fever will spike so I have to give her tylenol or ibuprofen. At least she can go longer now without taking anything and her fevers are a lot lower. It does say 3-5 days avg and up to 7 days of fever. Please I hope it's gone completely soon. I am like a walking zombie right now. No wo's for me. P is napping so I might just join her.

Lisa

Yay, fever is finally gone. Poor baby has rash all over her body. I'm just glad the fever is done with. I got a lot of catching up to do as far as workouts go. First off, sleep. Good night ladies. See you in the morning!!

Lisa

lisa, what a battle youve been thru w/ that fever! glad it subsided! hope you get some good sleep!

-
julias pushing up to sit from lying down.... and its making her naps rather hard:confused:. ive gotta be tough and let her cry thru it but i feel awful doing that:(

Kate - Aw, I'm sorry for the napping issues! Sleep vibes your way. Nap Julia, nap!

P was up from 1am to 2am playing. When will I get my sleep??

Happy 4th everyone!!

Lisa

hello everyone. happy 4th!
DH is still waiting out the dust storm. MIGHT leave today. sigh!

Liam has started "pinching" my nipple when nursing if he gets distracted by gas. this could be a real problem when he sprouts a tooth. ugh! I pulled it out and said "don't do that" and he smiled back lol. I hate when that happens (they start biting) he doesn't realize what hes doing. any advice? ha.

Kate hope J is sleeping for you!

Lisa- I hope the worst is over. the rash usually means that right?

lisa, sleep vibes for both our babes & us!:eek:

jess, we're all excited for you to see your dh!
for biting while nursing.....mash his face into your boob. it'll "suffocate" (for lack of a better word) him and force him to let go. im sure you know....you dont want to pul him away! yeeeeowch!:eek:

Kate -well it doesn't hurt like it does when they get teeth. but I don't want him making a habit of it thats all. I can pull it out now without it hurting. but yeah when they get teeth OUCH. btdt with two kiddos haha. but then I always feel uncomfy telling them no in any sort of stern voice cause I feel like they didn't know better. I'll try that though later if he does it with teeth.

---
Do you all buy clothes in your "old" size if you see something you really like at a store?? I for one don't to buy much in my size now cause I don't want to get too comfy in them haha. I want to always realize I'm working on loosing it. And if I see something I like I feel I should save it for a reward for later and if I got my size now what if I loose soon and can't wear it anymore? but then what if I NEVER get back into that size and waste the money. (I don't want to think of that!). sigh. so mostly I"m not buying clothes but I have found a few things I didn't want to get away and got it a size down. I'm getting a bit frustrated. I thought I'd loose faster with nursing. and I have been pretty good with eating and w/o like 3x a week atleast lately. the scale isn't budging and I don't think I look thinner either. sigh. :(

Any plans for the 4th? Im just going to the neighbors for sparklers outside. hopefully Liam will cooperate. if hes asleep I'll let him sleep on me or if hes up hopefully he finds the sparklers amusing ha. bummed dh wasn't here. oh well.

Happy 4th everyone....

No workout for me today.... I have a full house. All the kids are here and MIL as well.... I will pop in tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.