Lil' Mamas June 28--July 5

STEPHANIE, oops-caps, 4.5 does seem early! Isabel would be so excited! She's aching for some loot!:p
Sorry abt Oliver - LOL at his comment! Gina's in a funk today too.....7!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
yay charlie!!! Julia just got her 1st 2 thru! I love to see em when she opens wide for a bite of food!

-
Eating is totally 100% on track! No more excuses!!!

Having a good day. We made bibs!:D Well, decorated them! DDs have been bummed there are no I LOVE SISTER bibs....so we made them! Plain pink bibs w/ puff paint. Then we made blueberry muffins. Healthy, no guilt, AND I froze the leftovers!:)

Wendy - my 5 year old just lost his first tooth this year. He just lost his second a few days ago and is about to turn 6.

Kate -thanks for the encouragement! I know I could be stricter on my food though. :p

Last edited:
Kate--Oliver's mood finally shifted (praise GOD), and he's been my little helper today. YAY on the eats!! Mmmm bberry muffins! Were they the recipe you posted? The bibs sound so cute! What a great idea!

Lisa--just checking in... hope P is feeling better...

---
Am out of egg beaters, so I had to have nutrigrain waffles for breakfast with soy sausage. And now I'm HUNGRY!!! Getitng ready to find something for lunch. I've got to go to the grocery store!! Charlie has his 9-month check up tomorrow, so I'll go after that if he feels up to it. Dh is off tomorrow (YAY!) so he's taking the big boys to waffle house for "buddy breakfast." :) Eww... waffle house.. anyway.. Hope everyone is having a good day!!

jess, no clue on ds!:( my dds pretend to lift but i dont know for an 11yo :confused:

stephanie, gla oliver cheered up!:p
yes, that was the recipe.....love em!
im w/ you .... bfast out is nearly impossible to eat clean! i could eat my bodyweight in pancakes!:eek::eek:
hope c's appt goes well! my 24# 8mo has got to be off the charts!:eek::D

-
dds were good at haircuts, then a few groceries, clean dinner ..... hoping for a quiet evening!

Hi ladies! Took P to the ped and she suspects roseola. Sleep has been minimal and I am feeling it. Thanks for all the well wishes and concerns. You guys are awesome! Needless to say only wo'ed on Mon. Scale is down though because I haven't been really eating either. Nursing her now then off to eat some lunch. Promise to do personals after all this gets better. Cute babies BTW!! Love the new pics. I need to upload a pic soon.

Lisa

Lisa, Hugs for you & Pomai! I must confess I have no idea what roseola is.... Wait, didn't JJ have that, Wendy? Fuel that body with healthy food and get some rest, mama!

yup, JJ had roseola among other things recently. if thats it then a rash will be coming as soon as the fever breaks...

lisa, did you try motrin? i found it worked way better than the tylenol did. hope that fever breaks soon.

gosh, jess, no idea abt 11yo lifting, hope someone in OD can help!

stephanie - waffle house and the like are pretty nasty in my book. i really do prefer my healthy breakfast anyway! we dont have waffle house here but of course anytime i travel south there are a million =) we have IHOP and others.

kate, did you get your hair cut too? i bet youve got one sharp-looking brood right now =)

so, wo was interrupted today, boo. i was at the end of low max combo 2 when he woke up =( my moms groups is wed morns but right at am naptime (well what WAS the am nap before we got sick). its totally selfish but i hate to miss this group! he always gets a 2nd wind there and has a blast and instead i put him down for one nap midday. he just wouldnt stay down today! i did a stretchmax section with him playing all around me... he kept grabbing at the band! had a walk this am also but im trying to not count them at all unless they are multiple miles with baby on me. havent been as good at wearing my braces and my wrists are bothering me today--need to focus on wearing 60% min plus sleep in them. JJ is EVERYWHERE all of a sudden with no fear, he was crawling but was hesitant.. now is all over the house in a split sec, trying to pull himself up on whatevers around. tried to pull himself up a chair on wheels today!!!!!!! that would have been a real splat had i not caught it in time... phew! keepin me on my toes!

wendy

just stopping by before I hit the hay. I got my insanity preview in the mail today and tried it tonight... WOW! it is NO joke. that was a really tuff w/o. I was sweating after the "warm-up" ha. I like the basic drill type moves, the music and shaun t. I was barely making it at the end. I'll have to keep trying. I may just use this a while before getting the whole set. Just don't do this if your sore at all in the lower body or you wont make it ha. If you didn't want the whole set I'd think this one is worth it alone. wowsa. I don't care for the dvd with Tony.. not sure what I'm going to do with it. if one of you all wants it let me know and I'll mail it to you.
I'm having this pain in my upper back off my spine to my left. I tend to hurt there on occasion and its really bothering me. not sure if its from a w/o or from sleeping on it wrong. kinda bugged me during the w/o tonight. gotta run for now- its late.

Just popping in before I get ready for bed. Did my CLX again tonight and am trying to resist DH's buffalo chicken nuggets he just cooked himself. ARGH!!! I may have to have just one. Been a very clean eating day though, so I may resist...

Jess--LOVE the avatar!! Where did you buy the Shaun T DVD? I may be interested..

Wendy--LOL about jj. Charlie is the exact same way. He's SO FAST!! I turned my back for a split second the other day and he was at the base of the stairs. YIKES! :eek: Gotta put up the gates this weekend! He's also got two bruises on his forehead and a scuffed up knee from his adventures/misadventures. Sometimes he gets to moving too fast and takes a tumble forward. OUCH!

Lisa--Sending you good sleep vibes! Poor Pomai! Hope she feels better soon!!

Kate--Glad your haircuts went well!

---

OK off to iron clothes for tomorrow's insanely early doctor's appointment. I try to take Charlie early so we can get one of the first appointments before all of the sick kids get there. I'm a total germaphobe. Anyway... Nighty night ladies!!

Hi mommies! Thank you for all your well wishes. Pomai's fever finally broke tonight I think. She was sweating like crazy and feels much cooler. I did still give her some ibuprofen (thanks Wendy - I alternated between Tylenol and Advil and did find Advil worked better)because I think she's teething also and seemed more comfortable after giving it to her just so she could sleep better. I am wiped out though. Not much sleep the last two days. I promise to catch up with personals soon. I have been reading though and thinking of you guys. I don't think I was this attached to P since pregnancy! She was super clingy and not very happy. Poor baby. Hope tomorrow she feels tons better. You ladies are great and thanks for being so wonderful!!

Oh and on a side note, need to start working out tomorrow. Scale is down ironically even though my last wo was on Monday. Isn't it maddening how that works? Work out like crazy and scale goes up. No wo's and scale goes down. WTH is up with that?? Not complaining though, just hoping it stays down!

Lisa

lisa, please no personals needed! glad p is turning around! you 2 catch up on your sleep!
:confused::confused: to the scale! i was tempted to hop on today but i feel good & the # doesnt really matter and will prob make me crazy!:eek:

wendy/steph, lol on your crawler! im a wee bit jealous of your crawling babies!:p j seems closer to walking tho so i'm sure she'll be mobile soon then I'll go ....No! Wait! Stop!:p

wendy, sorry abt the wrists! booo!

st, oh, yikes! ironing! i havent done that in forever! my pile's a'growin too!:eek:
hope the drs goes welll!

jess, hope your back heals up! yuck!
that wo sounds like sweaty fun!:D

-
gotta jet....

Got biceps done during J's (short:mad:) morning nap. Will do some cardio & abs later today or tonight.

bbiab....

ugh.... my mom just called. she's having the dog put to sleep (seizures, etc) so we're headed over there. yuck.:(

Lisa -I'm glad Pomai is better!! I hate it when the kids get sick :( esp a baby!

Kate- sorry about your dog. :( so sad. My family dog was put down a few years ago because she was sold old. She had bad arthritis and had trouble getting up/down and would fall and also couldn't make it outside on time to go to the bathroom. sometimes my dad had to carry her outside. and she was a big dog. half german shepard half lab.

Steph - there are some threads about the insanity thing but basically the one on one dvd with tony I think #9. the one that is a recovery dvd came with a free insanity w/o. You can buy that one one one dvd by itself and get the freebie at beachbody. not sure if you need a coach or not. I signed up with one recently. I figured I should try it first to see if I was even going to like it although I didn't like paying for it. :p but if I had not liked it it would have saved me some $$ from buying the whole set when it comes out in a few weeks.

----
thnx about the avi ;) my calves are a hair sore today. I guess from all the jumping. I'm kinda pooped. think I may do some Upper body tonight if I get to w/o. had a bad night with Liam again. :( Ended up getting some sleep this morning by putting him in the swing and I slept on the couch.

jess - how long is the insanity preview? is it actually a full wo? over at OD theyre making i sound like a killer.

kate, so sorry abt the dog, its always hard even when they are sick. and short naps are no fun either! hopefully shell get a good one later.

just finished tighter assets weight loss -- every so often i break out one of my first vids. helps to put things in perspective... this one i had to modify UP but i used to struggle with it. compared to my seriously modified DOWN cathes right now, it helps me to see how far ive really come even with this extra weight on right now. the downside tho... i forgot how annoying and ridiculous ms webbs comments can be (like "starving yourself is not good", thx for that tidbit). she also does this whole thing during abs abt how the bckgrnd girl in her 20s can do better than the other in her 30s and shes in her 40s and doing a little less than both... baloney!!!!! well, nobodys perfect like cathe =)

it is absolutely pouring here, no chance of getting outside. but dh is leaving 2 hrs early today so maybe well get in the car for the library or something.

wendy

Lisa-I am glad Pomai is feeling better! It is so hard when the lo's are sick. Get some rest!!

Jess-I really want to get Insanity. I love a good sweaty, I almost didn't make it, kind of wo:eek: I love the new avatar pic of Liam:)

Kate-sorry about the dog:(:(:(

Wendy-chasing after JJ sounds like a good wo:D Ryder is slowly starting to creep around the house now:cool:

Stephanie-What phase are you in for clx?? Hope the doctor visit goes well!!

My brother and his family are coming to stay at my house for 5 days:eek: I am excited to see him, I haven't seen him since he got back from Iraq. I just am hoping I don't go crazy with everyone staying here for so long:confused: On top of that we are having everyone here for the fourth so I really have to keep the house clean:rolleyes:

Today the boys have a dentist appt and tomorrow Owen gets his stitches out! I am going to do B&G today. I am really hoping to be able to keep up with my wo's when everyone is here. We shall see.........

Candra

Hi mamas!
Dr's visit was wonderful. Charlie weighs 21 lbs and is 29 1/2 inches long. His weight is in the 50-60th percentile and length is in the 75th percentile and head is in the 90th percentile. :eek: Guess he's gonna have a big noggin like Oliver. It's rough when they start trying to walk. They get top-heavy and tumble over. :p No shots this visit. He had his blood drawn (just a heal prick) to test for anemia and he didn't even wince!! What a champ!! :) He's been such a flirt today. When I smile at him, he just grins from ear to ear and shows off those snaggle-teeth! I've really enjoyed having time alone with him today. DH took boys to Waffle house and now to the pool. Charlie and I are chillin.

Kate--I am SOOOOO sorry about the dog. ((Hugs)) Don't be jealous about the crawlers! I wish Charlie weren't mobile yet. He's EVERYWHERE!!!

Candra--You sound BUSY!! Hope you have fun with your brother! Good luck at the dentist!! Hope Owen's stitch-removal goes smoothly tomorrow! I'm just finishing up the Burn phase of CLX. I have one more cardio workout tomorrow (today is a rest day) and then Saturday I'll move into the Push phase, and i can't wait! I'm ready to mix it up a bit.

Wendy--Send some of that rain our way! My plants/lawn are so parched. It's SO dry and HOT here!! LOL on your workout and having to modify up! Cathe has spoiled us all!! :p

Jess--You must really be looking forward to your DH's return!! Have fun! ;)

Lisa--Glad Pomai is feeling better/fever has broken! Maybe now you all can get some rest. Don't sweat the workouts. If the scales are down, that's just bonus!!

Sydney--Hope you're well!

Becky--Hope you're well too!

Gotta go snuggle Charlie who is now sleepy and fussy. Later mommas!! :)

Wendy -my DH plane had some kind of problem so he waited all night for no reason. Not sure if hes off now or what or when he'll get here. maybe saturday. but my mil should still becoming with my grandfather-in law(?). Yes the insanity disk is a FULL workout. its like 45 min but its the looooooongest 45 min ever!! seriously probably the hardest w/o I've ever tried. even the people on the dvd are stopping or slowing down and restarting near the end. I was hurting with all of them. BUT it was a fun good w/o and one that is inspiring to get better at instead of making me run far away from it haha. I really like it. even if I didn't complete it all I'd feel like I got a good w/o.

Candra -same here about hoping to keep up w/o when family is here. even DH. we'll see. everything changes so much when hes home I'll have to workout my schedule different probably.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.